InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ When I'm Apart From You ❯ Separation ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Well, here is chapter 10.  This is the final chapter of When I’m Apart From You.  It’s been a blast, and now this story is completed, but don’t worry, I’ll have other Jakotsu/Bankotsu stories up!  I do have some one shots, such as ‘Fireflies in the Dark’ and ‘China Rose’ Be sure to check them out!

I’m writing this chapter and chapter 9, so I can catch up on my writings.  This is the fanfic I update 3rd (I update by reviews!)  Anyway, it’s been fun and thank you all of my faithful reviewers.

Here is the last chapter!

As always be sure to enjoy and review!

>>>>>>>>>>>

Wh en I’m Apart From You

Chapter 10:  Separation

>>>>>>>>>>>> < p>Jakotsu had almost forgotten about the wedding!  How could he have been so stupid!

The prince tried to make excuses as much as he could to put off the wedding, and those excuses worked for quite a while.

One day, he was confronted by Suikotsu about some special visitors in the castle.

The brown haired man walked into the prince’s room.  He saw the prince, who seemed fascinated with the large peony flower, doing the same thing he did everyday, running his fingers over the soft, intricate petals and smiling a warm smile to himself and to the flower.

“Jakotsu-sama…”

The young man turned his head and gave his friend a curious look.

“Yeah?” He replied, taking his hand away from the peony flower, leaving it unattended in the vase.

“I have some bad news, I’m afraid…” Suikotsu looked down.

“What?” Jakotsu stood up and looked at his friend.

“The visitors here…They are Lord Ako and his family…” The brown haired man explained.  “They are here about the wedding.  Since you made a speedy recovery and you were going to be wed before you fell sick, they had waited.  I suppose Naraku-dono had told them that you recovered.”

“Damn it…And I wanted to see Bankotsu again…I love him…” Jakotsu wore a sad expression.

“You loved Lord Ako’s son as first.  Besides, you know that Bankotsu is just a spirit, correct?” 

“I guess.”

“You know that you cannot get out of this.  You have to marry his son, you might not like it now, but you know that you couldn’t possibly marry a spirit.” 

“I know, but I wished that I could see Bankotsu one more time before I got married.”

“Well, you must prepare yourself, Jakotsu-sama. “ Suikotsu advised.  “You did love Lord Ako’s son first, if you go in there not wanting to be wed, he might just think that you’ve been committing adultery the entire time you’ve been sick.  You should think about the road you’ve chosen, and the consequences that you’ve chosen as well, when journeying down that path.”

“I will.” Jakotsu pouted.

>>>>

And Jakotsu did ,in fact, think about what he had done.  The time came for Jakotsu to be wed.  There was no way out of it, and Jakotsu accepted this.  He didn’t see Bankotsu for the longest of time, and began to worry, but not forgetting his vow to Lord Ako’s family.  Three days later, Jakotsu was wed to Lord Ako’s son.

>>>>

One day, after returning from his ‘honeymoon’ the young prince came back to his room to tend to the peony flower that he had cared for so long.

……..

….

.

.

Jakotsu walked in happily and said his goodbyes to his new husband.  He was happy and giggling like a maniac.  The black haired man turned around to see the peony flower and his face lit up with both concern and shock.

“The flower….it’s dead…”

The young man ran up to the shriveled bud.  The flower lay drooping in its vase, the stem a brown color and crunchy to the core.  The leaves were withered and dry; most of them had fallen off into the floor.  There was good amount of water left; Jakotsu had always made sure that the flower was taken care of quite well.

Still the flower was dead.

The aura of warmth that came from the flower was gone as well.  It was cold.

‘If the flower is dead…then what about Banktosu?’  Jakotsu thought to himself, envisioning the worst.

………………………&# 8230;……….

The truth is no one really knows what happened to Bankotsu.  They never figured it out.  Did he leave or did he die?  Why did he appear in the first place? 

Several days after Prince Jakotsu’s loss of the peony flower.  He never saw Bankotsu again.  The villagers always after this, instead of speaking of the Prince Jakotsu, or Jakotsu-sama, called him Botan Ouji or Peony Prince.

Owari

>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ;>>>>>>

Well, that’s the end.  I really hate to end it though, but sadly all things must come to an end somehow.  Sorry for the shortness, I was just tying up loose ends wherever I could.  I hope you’ll check out my other fanfics.  Thank you all for reading, thanks TailfluffGirl for being my beta this whole time, and thanks to all who helped support this fanfic.

For the final time, leave a last review, telling me what you think. 

Please R&R!

See you in fanfiction