InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ When I'm Apart From You ❯ Recovery ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Well, here I am with the next to last chapter.  This has been a great fanfic and I thank you all for your kind reviews!  Sorry that the updates have been slow, but things have been happening over the summer and stories were piled (still are, I’ve got 8 current stories that I’m working on) I hope to wrap up a few of them.  Two are on hiatus and the others are being worked on constantly.

There are three of my stories that are coming to an end and going to be finished in no time soon.  I’ve got a sequel coming up and a whole lot of other things in store.  I have two stories that I want to get up as well.  I most certainly hope that I can accomplish these things soon.  But as for now, enjoy the latest chapter of my story ‘When I’m Apart From You’ 

Thank you for reviewing and check out some of my other stories!

>>>>>>>>>>

When I’m Apart From You

Chapter 9: Recovery

>>>>>>>>>>

As Naraku neared the front of the crowd, he eyed Hiogo, holding the giant peony flower and giving it a look of shock.  He looked up at his lord with an even bigger look of shock. 

“Naraku-dono…” Were the only words the man could muster.

Everyone in the crowd was silent except for a few small murmurs and soft words here and there.  The group of people seemed awed and mystified by what had happened. 

‘He just…disappeared..’ Suikotsu thought to himself.  ‘I wonder what’s going on here.  He must be some type of spirit or something.  No normal being could have preformed such an act. ‘

Naraku stood there, and looked on at the sight, trying to analyze the situation as best he could.

He slowly bent down and took the peony from Hiogo and held it to his face, giving it a slight sniff.  Jakotsu stood a few feet behind him, with Suikotsu at his side.  The young prince held one finger to his painted lips and continued to look on with confusion.

‘Interesting…He just…disappeared.’ Jakotsu thought to himself as he looked down at the man sitting on the ground, awaiting his impending fate at the hands of his father.  ‘I wonder where Bankotsu went…I hope he’s still all right…’

The prince looked up.

‘Wherever he is…’

"Ah! It is as I said. No fox or badger spirit could pass our guards and get into this garden. It is the spirit of the peony flower that took the form of a prince." Naraku explained, knowing he was right in his first assumptions.

He turned to Jakotsu, Suikotsu and the other servants and said. , "You must take this a compliment, and pay great respect to the peony, and show the one caught by Maki Hiogo kindness as well by taking care of it."

The lord handed the peony to his son; the black haired boy held the peony and looked down at it with awe.  It was the most beautiful peony that he had ever seen.  Suikotsu looked at it was well, there was something…Magical about it.

>>>>>>>>>>

Jakotsu carried the peony flower back to his room.  His brown haired friend fetched a vase and some water to put it in.  A few minuets later, Suikotsu re-entered the room with the vase and sat it near Jakotsu sleeping quarters.  It sat there, almost beside of his pillow.  The prince bent down and placed the flower in the vase and smiled. 

‘Bankotsu…’

Jakotsu felt as if he had his love right next to him. 

As the days passed, Jakotsu began to notice an improvement in him.  He awoke every morning feeling more and more revitalized.  The peony flower seemed to grow more and more beautiful day by day.  Every day, Jakotsu attended to the peony flower with the utmost care, making sure that the bud was comfortable with its surroundings.  Like Jakotsu, the flower began to grow stronger and stronger, instead of fading away.

At last the prince recovered.  He became radiantly handsome, while the peony remained in perfect bloom, showing no sign of dying.

Every day, the prince would stare at the peony for hours at a time, feeling the magical glow from the peony, everyone around the castle could tell that Jakotsu looked and felt better as well.  He even got compliments from Suikotsu about his recovery.

Jakotsu remembered his conversation the day before with the young doctor.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

“Hey Jakotsu-sama!” Suikotsu waved from across the courtyard.

“Oh, Ohayo Suikotsu-kun!” Jakotsu waved back.

“Hey, how are you feeling? You seem so different from when you were ill.  I may not be a very good doctor, but you’ve made a miracle recovery!”

“You look good as always, Suikotsu…But, what do you mean?...”

“Nothing really, just that you look different.  You know, there’s just something about you.  You seem more lively then usual.  Did something happen to yo-“

Suikotsu was cut off by the guard, asking him to care for a sick warrior.  Suikotsu wiped the sweat from his head and walked to the door.  “Well, better be getting back to work.  Nice talking to you and good luck!”

Suikotsu gave a wave before returning to walking down the hall to see that sick patient.

>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>

It feels nice to receive so many compliments.’ Jakotsu told the flower. ‘ But it’s also nice not to be confined to that damned bed.  It was getting boring in here, cooped up all by myself.’

Jakotsu smiled and ran a finger over the soft petals of the flower, marveling at the softness of which. 

‘I wonder what will happen next...and if I’ll see you again…Bankotsu…’ Jakotsu looked up, his finger tips still brushing against the soft petals of the peony.

‘I hope that I can be able to see you again.  I hate it when I’m apart from you.  It’s so lonely here…And I don’t know what I’ll do about the wedding…That’s right!’  Jakotsu’s eyes widened.  ‘I forgot about the wedding!’

>>>>>>>>>>>>& gt;>>>>>>>>

There’s chapter 9 completed!  This chapter is more on time then the last one, huh?  Anyway, the last chapter will come soon!  Please R&R and tell me what you think of the fanfic so far.  I really hope that you all leave me a review, no matter what it is!  I want to know your opinion of this fic so far.  The last chapter is to come and after that, there will be more Bankotsu and Jakotsu things, so keep on looking.

Oh, and be sure to check out some of my other fanfics!

R&R!