InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ When I'm Apart From You ❯ A Cunning Escape! ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Well, here is chapter 8 of When I’m Apart From You.  Sorry for being so slow on this fic.  Last time I posted a chapter, I barely got any reviews.  That doesn’t matter to me though, I don’t care if I get any reviews really, though I think if you read you should give me one and tell me how I’m doing.  I really appreciate reviews, though I don’t need them.  This fanfic will probably end in about 10 chapters.

Again, sorry for my lack of updates, things have been hectic and I sorta took a vacation from it all, didn’t I?  Anyway here is chapter 8 for your viewing pleasure!

Anyway, here is chapter 8!

>>>>>>>>>>

When I’m Apart From You

Chapter 8:  A Cunning Escape!

>>>>>>>>>>>

I must do what I must.  I don’t want to be beheaded by Naraku-dono. Maki Hiogo thought to himself, still taken in by the youthful samurai. 

My orders are clear.  I shall not fail this job.

Recovering him from the shock, and taking it to be in his best interest to do so, Hiogo decided to try and trap the young samurai in his grasp to bring back to Lord Naraku. 

Shooting up from the vast amounts of peonies that he had hidden amongst, the young man took a flying leap at the samurai, who seemed unfazed by such an action.  Bankotsu still kept on dancing, as if there were no appending danger near.

A look of shock lit up Suikotsu’s face after seeing Hiogo jump from the peony gardens like a wild cat at its prey.  He nearly spilled the sake he was drinking all over the front of his kimono.  Many others, who didn’t know about Naraku’s order jumped as well.  Hardly anyone had expected that.  Peony flowers, blossoms, leaves, and petals flew about as Hiogo leapt into the air with animalist grace.

All heads were turned towards him.  It was like everything was happening in slow motion.  Jakotsu gasped and turned his head in what seemed like slow motion, as his face, like many others, lit up in horror.

“Bankotsu…” Only his name could escape his red lips as he was helpless to fend Hiogo off.

After what seemed like second of surprise, the music began to play, as if nothing ever happened, though all heads were still turned to Hiogo and Bankotsu.

Hiogo wrapped his arms tightly around the braided man’s waist, trying to secure himself for all his might.  The young samurai just stood there, looking semi confused at Hiogo’s actions.

“I’ve got him!” Hiogo smiled a cunning smile.  “I’ve got you now.  There’s no escape!  Naraku-dono will be most pleased.”

Hiogo could feel his eyes becoming heavy as if he were going into a deep sleep.

“Huh?...What’s…Happening?” He replied in a weak voice.  “I shall not let…go…”

After a few seconds Maki Hiogo felt a kind of wet steam falling on his face; by degrees it made him faint.  His body went crashing to the ground in the enchanted sleep, along with Bankotsu, whom, in which he refused to let go of. 

Everyone watched as the guards came from everywhere.  The entire courtyard had seen Hiogo’s actions and most of them spilt drinks on themselves.  Suikotsu tried to clean the sake spots off of his kimono, as the crowd gathered around Hiogo to see where the young samurai was.  Suikotsu watched as the guards poured out from every possible region of the castle.  As soon as Suikotsu was able to clean himself, well as well as he could, he tried to make his way over before he could get knocked over. 

Jakotsu ran over as well, concerned for Bankotsu’s health.  They both pushed through the crowd, trying to get as far to the front as they could. 

“Jakotsu-sama.” Suikotsu looked at the prince through the mass amounts of guards and spectators.

Jakotsu grabbed his hand.  “Come on, I’ll pull you to the front with me.”

“All right.”

Both of them made their way through the crowd.

“How did Hiogo know about Bankotsu?” Jakotsu asked.

“Bankotsu?  So that’s his name?” Suikotsu replied, being drug through the crowd.

“Yeah.” Jakotsu replied.  “But how did they know?!  Only you and I know!”

Suikotsu wore a grim face.  The prince turned to read his expression and wore a look of confusion.

“Hey, what’s that look for?”

“Jakotsu-sama, apparently we weren’t the only ones.  It seems that Renkotsu was listening to our conversation and told Naraku-dono everything when he was being questioned.” Suikotsu looked downward.

HE WHAT!?!”

“Sorry… Jakotsu-sama.” The brown haired man looked downward.

The two turned their heads, finally breaking through the crowd to see Hiogo sitting on the ground.

As soon as Hiogo regained all of his senses, he looked around at everyone who had gathered.  He wore a smile on his face, and began to shout out.  "Come, gentlemen! I have caught him. Come and see!" But on looking at what he held in his arms he discovered it to be only a large peony!

Suikotsu and Jakotsu wore a look of relief and confusion.  They stared strangely at Hiogo, who was indeed, hugging the large peony as if it were his prize.

The young man blinked at the looks of confusion on the members of the crowd’s faces.

“Huh?”  He looked from side to side, examining the members of the crowd, the prince and his friend standing near the front.  

He then looked down at the peony flower.  

GAH!

The man threw the flower a bit away from him, it landed on the ground a few inches away from his body, landing in front of Jakotsu and Suikotsu’s feet.  Hiogo looked both bewildered and horrified at his failed attempt.

By this time the Lord Naraku had arrived at the spot where Maki Hiogo sat and so had many of the servants of the prince.  Renkotsu also showed up, but stayed near the end of the crowd.

To be continued…

>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>

Well, there is chapter 8, two more chapters to go.  Yeah, I know, this doesn’t seem like the end, and it might seem a little rushed, but it was how everything was happening in Jakotsu and Suikotsu’s point of view.  The scene was rather fast paced.  Well, hope to bring you another chapter soon. Sorry for being so late, things have been happening at a fast pace.  I’m going to try and update my other Inuyasha fanfics as well. 

I also need to do something with my Sailor Moon fanfic. ;  Feel free to read my other works if you like.

I hope to see you all later