InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ When We First Met ❯ Inuyasha's Past ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: When We First Met
Summary: Kagome and Inuyasha met the day she freed him right? Or did they know each other before?
Inuyasha's Past
“Mama?” cried a small voice, “Where are you?” Inuyasha ran through the entire castle trying to find his mother. Finally catching her smell in one of the secluded room he ran inside but stopped in his tracks. His mother, Izayoi, was lying on a mat. The smell of sickness and death filled the room.
“Ma… mother? Are you okay?”
“Inuyasha come closer.”
Inuyasha silently approached his mother. Sitting beside her, he sat Indian style and let his silver hair cover his eyes.
“Inuyasha, my son, I will tell you something…” she interrupted herself to cough, “I want you to promise me something.”
“What Mama?”
“Inuyasha I want you to promise you will never let anyone put you down…,” she erupted in another coughing fit. Taking shallow breath she restarted.
“…Because you're a hanyou. Never let them hurt you because of it. Promise me!”
“Okay mama I promise,” whispered a 7 year old Inuyasha tears silently falling off his face as he realized that his mother was leaving him.
“You are your father son never forget.”
And with her last breathe she whispered “I love you Inuyasha.”
The young hanyou stay by his dead mother side all through the night. When people came in the morning to dispose of the body he followed them. After his mother's funeral a couple of ladies from the house came into her chambers, unaware that Inuyasha was hiding in the shadows.
“Izayoi had some really precious things know that she's gone they belong to us,” said one of the first ladies.
“Oh this kimono is lovely. Bet you it will fit me perfectly,” said another.
“This jewelry is truly exquisite,” said the third one.
Inuyasha watch as they looked through his mother's stuff. Anger filling his little body, at the lack of respect they showed to his dear mother, he stepped out of his hiding place.
“You're not allowed in here. Those things are my mother's,” cried Inuyasha, his ears twitching with anger.
“Well your mother is dead. Thus these things are your,” said the first lady.
“No they're not their mine,”
“Fine take them but do not worry this is not the end,”
All three ladies exited the room. Inuyasha silently crept to the door and listened intently on there whispered conversation.
“Why did you let him be Akane?”
“Because tomorrow he will be force to leave the castle and I doubt he will be able to take everything with him.”
All three ladies laugh as they though of the fate of the hanyou, the half-breed. Inuyasha cradled back to his hiding spot. Sitting down in the shadows he pulled his legs close to him and wrapped his arms around them. He silently cried himself to sleep.
Waking up in the middle of the night it took him some time to remember what had happened. Slowly getting up he made a plan in his mind. Going to the chess where his mother's clothes were he silently opened it. Taking out his favorite, a white kimono with purple carnation and pink sakuras, he brought it next to the jewelry box. Taking out everything he placed the kimono at the bottom of the bow then pilled the jewelry on top. Closing the bow he tied it in a bundle and quickly and quietly left the castle in the dead of night. He left so they would not have the satisfaction of kicking him out, so they would not be able to stop him from taking what he wanted.

For 4 moths he had walked, occasionally ran, until he reached a forest where laid a huge tree. In those four months he had been shunned, humiliated, kicked and bruised. He had learned to fight, defend and hunt. He had become as cold as ice on the outside but still remained 7 years old at heart, a scarred and scared one. Placing his package under the roots of the tree Inuyasha lean on the trunk and for the first time since he left the castle he cried. All the pent up emotion he ever had came out all at once. Grabbing the necklace he wore around his neck, shaped like a small silver puppy, he remembered the promise he mad his mother.
“I'm sorry mama I couldn't keep it.” He whispered softly his eyes close.
When he opened them seconds later he was no longer in the forest and someone was playing with his ears. The tree was still there but the rest of his surrounding was white as if he was standing on nothing. (A/N: those who have seen Inuyasha the movie 1 will know what I'm talking about.) Inuyasha looked around more closely and saw a little about his age rubbing his ears. She had shoulder length midnight black hair with doe brow eyes. Looking closely he noticed tears.
“Oh I'm sorry I thought I thought you were asleep.” Her small hand flew to her mouth as she apologized.
“Why are you crying?” asked Inuyasha, overwhelmed with the smell of salt and this girl's smell, a mix of vanilla and flowers after a spring rain.
“My… daddy died,” she said lowering her head as a new batch of tears came, “but it's okay because my mommy said that my daddy will always be watching me, like a guardian angel.”
“Will my mommy look after me too?” asked Inuyasha with a pained impression on his face.
“Yup. My mommy said that when people we care about die they go to heaven and then they protect us.” The little girl went on her knees and smiled sweetly at Inuyasha. “I'm sure your momma doing the same thing as my dad.” She said softly before hugging him to her chess.
“Thank you.”
“you welcome,” she slightly frown as she heard someone call her name from afar,” I have to go but I hope I'll see you again,” she said before bending down and placing a soft kiss on Inuyasha's cheek.
Inuyasha pondered for 5 seconds about what he could do to repay her for her acceptance. A click was made in his head, grabbing his necklace he ran after the girl and gave it to her. She silently took it and smiling a huge smile she waved good bye to him.
“See you soon…”
END of part I

I give you 3 guess at who the girl was. Oh and Inuyasha is in Inuyasha forest. Please R&R. ( Oh and for those who think the end is not detailed enough it's because there is a second part.)