InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ When We First Met ❯ Kagome's Past ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sorry for the delay, excuses are at the bottom but you don't have to read them.

Kagome's Past
Usually she would wake up with the sun and greet the new day with a smile. Today however there was no sun to illuminate the face of the little girl. Wake up and staring blankly at the black clothes at the foot of her bed, silent tears fell as she remembering events of the previous week.
A happy Kagome made her way to the bathroom, humming to herself. After cleaning up and dressing she made her way down stairs where she greeted her little brother Souta, who was playing in his play pen, her mother, who was cooking, and finally when to her father. Climbing on his legs she greeted her father with a bright smile.
Morning Daddy,”
Hi sweetheart did you have a good night sleep?”
Yep!” said Kagome shaking her head in the affirmative.
At that moment Mrs. Higurashi put down a plat in front of her husband and daughter.
Breakfast is ready,”
Soon after her father had left for work and she had gone to play with Souta while her mother when to the market.
A crashed was heard near the house and fire could be seen from the kitchen window. Kagome and her mother, holding Souta, raced outside to see the family car in flame and another car speeding away. Mrs. Higurashi quickly memorized the car's license plate and told Kagome to call the police.
The number is 9-1-1. (A/N: is that the number for the police in Japan?) Tell them there a car accident and tell them our address,”
Kagome ran to do as her mother told her to.
An ambulance came and carried Mr. Higurashi to the hospital. Thanks to Mrs. Higurashi memorizing the license plate the driver who ram into the family car was arrested and Mr. Higurashi was able to know that whoever was responsible for the accident was charged and convicted. Unfortunately that night Mr. Higurashi died twenty minutes after the doctor declare is state stable.
A week had passed since her father passed away and now Kagome was preparing for the funeral. Quietly dressing in a black skirt and white blouse she put a black jacket over it and put on black shoes over her white stockings.
“Kagome hurry up we have to leave for church now,”
“Coming mommy,” she grabbed the daisies she was going to give her dad (his favorite flowers) and left her room.
Coming down she grabbed her mothers hand as she lead her and Souta to the car parked outside of the house. (A/n: Family members were driven them.)
Two months later Kagome Higurashi was in the back yard of the family shrine. After her father passed away her mother, Souta and herself went to live with her grandfather at the family shrine. Making her way to the Goshinboku (sp?) she climbed over the fence and climbed on a root. Putting her hand on the spot where there was no tree bark she closed her eyes as tears fell.
When she opened them seconds later she was no longer in the shrine's back yard. The tree was still there but the rest of her surrounding was white as if she was standing on nothing. Kagome looked around scared for a minute until she heard a noise. Walking around the tree she looked around more closely and saw a little boy around her age crying. He had silver hair that reached his mid back and cute puppy ears that were twitching, his eyes were close and tears were escaping from the tightly sealed lids. Reaching over she rubbed his ears softly. Slowly his eyes opened revealing two amber orbs.
“Oh I'm sorry I thought I thought you were asleep.” Her small hand flew to her mouth as she apologized.
“Why are you crying?” asked the young boy. Touching her cheek she answered with a small sad smile.
“My… daddy died,” Kagome said lowering her head as a new batch of tears came, “but it's okay because my mommy said that my daddy will always be watching me, like a guardian angel.”
“Will my mommy look after me too?” asked the little boy with a pained impression on his face.
“I think so yes. My mommy said that when people we care about die they go to heaven and then they protect us.” Kagome when down on her knee and smiled, a real smile one that could illuminated a huge room, at the boy.
“I'm sure your momma doing the same thing as my dad.” Kagome said before reaching over and hugging the little boy tightly to her chess.
“Thank you.”
“You welcome,” said Kagome frowning slightly as she heard her mother calling her, telling her the lunch was ready,” I have to go now but I hope I'll see you again,” she said before bending down and placing a soft kiss on the boy's cheek.
As she walked away she heard footstep and turned to see the little boy running towards her. When he reached her he reach out and gave her a puppy shaped necklace. Taking it silently, Kagome smile hugely at the boy before her mother called her again. Running towards the shrine she turned once more and waved to the boy then screamed hoping he would hear,
“See you soon…”
Later that night she was laying in bed wondering who the little boy was. Closing her eyes she pictured him in her mind from the tip of his silver hair, to his red clad body, to his amber eyes. Kagome fell asleep with the memories of those golden eyes in her mind and the little puppy necklace in closed in her small fist.
The End… to part 2

Yes part 2 is finished. Sorry it took so long to update but I had the flu and now with the holidays… anyways enough with the excuse. As a Christmas and New Year present I will give you the 3rd par of the fanfic by Friday.