InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ When We First Met ❯ Their Future ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Their Future
At 18 years of age Kagome Higurashi was surprisingly healthy for a person who had had so many diseases during her junior high years. Her midnight black hair which reflected blue was tied in a high ponytail has she made her way to the well house. Her brown doe eyes held a soft sadness behind them as today reminded her of painful memories. Standing at the edge of the well she shook her head to escape the thoughts that were haunting her. Jumping over the edge she arrived in Feudal Era Japan.
Making her way to Kaede's village she remembered the events of the previous year. They had defeated Naraku early in the year and had taking more than half of the rest to find the other jewel shards. While they were traveling Miroku and Sango had gotten engaged and married, they even had to stop the travels because Sango got pregnant. Then it had been only her and Inuyasha seeing as Shippo decided to stay with the others. After about a month of traveling Inuyasha had finally gathered enough courage to tell her he love her and boy she on cloud nine the following day.

They had been walking on the road since they had left the previous village at around noon and now the sun was setting painting the sky in orange and pink.
Inuyasha can we stop soon?” asked a tired Kagome as she yawn tired of the walking a wanting to sleep.
Sure as soon as we reach a clearing will stop and set up for the night,” said Inuyasha stopping to look back before continuing to walk.
Inuyasha?”
Inuyasha looked back to see that Kagome and was holding her arms wide open. Sighing Inuyasha bend down and let her climb on his back. Relaxing against the red clad back Kagome smiled peacefully. Without warning she fell asleep letting her arms wind themselves around Inuyasha neck and letting her head rest on his shoulder.
Later when she had awoken she noticed that there was already a fire roaring and that she was wrapped in Inuyasha's outer kimono. Getting up and rubbing the sleep out of her eyes she looked around. The clearing was small and well hidden the trees were so close together that the branch at the top of the clearing were intertwined forming a sort of roof. Just as she finished examining the clearing Inuyasha came back with tree death rabbits. Facing his back towards her he skinned and put the rabbits on twigs so they could cook. Mentally thanking Inuyasha for remembering that she hated to see animals skinned Kagome smile at him as he came and sat next to her.
The night was spent in a comfortable silence between the two as they ate and relaxed.
Kagome...,” whispered Inuyasha turning to look at Kagome.
Umm?” replied the young girl facing the golden eyed hanyou.
Do…do you believe in second chance?”
Of course I do. Everyone deserves a second chance at happiness, at love, even at life,” she giggled the last part out.
At life?” questioned the hanyou.
Yup like Kikyo she got her second chance of life through me,” said the young miko sadly.
She didn't,” said Inuyasha in a voice that made Kagome look at him more than the words he pronounced.
What do you mean?”
Kikyo second chance at life is through that clay body,” said Inuyasha in a toned that left no place for arguments.
So what am I?”
You're Kagome, you're the…woman I love,” he whispered looking away. A small tugging on his hair made him turn back towards her only to have his lips meet hers.
I love you too,” she said after they had pulled apart.

That night she had slept the most peaceful sleep in her life safely cuddled in his arms. (A/N: They didn't do anything nasty.) Mira, Sango's and Miroku's daughters, was born earlier this year and Shippo had been so glad to be an `uncle'. Today Kagome was going to visit the married pair as today was there 1st marriage anniversary and then she was going to return home with Inuyasha.
“Hey guys! How are you?” cheerfully entering the hut of her two friends.
“Kagome! Great and you?” asked Sango hugging her best friend in one arm while holding Mira in the other.
“I'm just fine. Now give my god child,” she said holding out her arms at the little girl who smiled in return and grabbed a finger in a small fist. Taking her godchild from Sango she grabbed the small bag which held all the necessity for the baby.
“Now you and Miroku have fun and enjoy you're anniversary. Bye,” said Kagome leaving the hut before Sango could say a word. She then went to Kaede's hut where the boys were.
“Hey Miroku you're wife is waiting for you,”
“Thanks Kagome,” said Miroku while exiting the hut.
Smiling at the retreating figure she turned to Shippo and Inuyasha.
“Okay what do you two want to do today with my precious god child?”
“A picnic!” exclaimed Shippo,” we have everything prepared too so we can leave know,”
“Well since it al ready let's go! Shippo lead the way,”
As the kitsune grabbed the basket and walked out the door Inuyasha stood up and stopped Kagome from following Shippo by wrapping an arm around her waist and kissing her neck.
“Hi Inuyasha did you miss me?”
“Very much so,” he said nibbling her ear before attacking her lips. Only the cooing of Mira interrupted the heated kiss. Sighing both followed Shippo out of the hut and towards a clearing in the forest.

That night Kagome relaxed in Inuyasha's arm as they lay on her bed after dinner. The afternoon had been quite entertainment and the young couple were both drifting towards sleep land… until Souta came into the room shouting and a wanting Inuyasha to come and play video games with him. After five minutes of non-interrupted yelling Inuyasha gave up and left to go play with Souta. Laughing at the two disappearing figures Kagome got out of bed and sat down at her desk. Opening the brown box that was there the sadness that was there earlier returned. In the box were articles and objects that belonged to her father. Looking through the box something caught her attention. Slightly frowning she pulled out a puppy shaped necklace. The charm itself was silver and the string was red and gold. (A/N: A puppy, silver, red, and gold that could that be.) Slowly Kagome remembered were she had gotten the necklace.

she heard footstep and turned to see the little boy running towards her. When he reached her he reach out and gave her a puppy shaped necklace. Taking it silently, Kagome smile hugely at the boy before her mother called her again. Running towards the shrine she turned once more and waved to the boy then screamed hoping he would hear,
See you soon…”…

“I wonder what happened to that boy. I didn't even know his name,” whispered Kagome examining the necklace. Finally breaking out of her gaze she put it on and turned to when she heard footsteps. Turning she saw Inuyasha with a very pissed off look.
“You're brother is a brat,” said Inuyasha lying down on Kagome's bed.
“Like I didn't already know that,” said Kagome turning to look at Inuyasha.
The motion made the necklace to catch the light drawing Inuyasha attention. Seeing the charm made a sudden memory flash in his mind.

Inuyasha pondered for 5 seconds about what he could do to repay her for her acceptance. A click was made in his head, grabbing his necklace he ran after the girl and gave it to her. She silently took it and smiling a huge smile she waved good bye to him.
See you soon…”…

“That girl was you?” said Inuyasha his mouth slightly a gap.
Taking aback by the off topic comment Kagome followed Inuyasha gazed to the necklace she was wearing around her neck.
“That boy that was you?” asked Kagome her facial expression copying Inuyasha's.
“Yay it was,” said Inuyasha grateful that he hadn't made a mistake, “So that little girl that kissed me on the cheek that was you?” he said his smirk returning.
Blushing at the memories Kagome could only nod. Than she smiled and walked over to the hanyou, sitting down next to him.
“I told you they looked over us. If it wasn't for them we would never have met,”
His only respond was to lower her head for a passionate kiss.

The following day they came back to the Feudal Era but instead of heading for the village Inuyasha drag Kagome to the opposite direction towards the God Tree were they had first met… twice. Walking over to one of the roots Inuyasha pulled out a box that had a little dirt on it.
“Inuyasha what is that?”
“It's my mother's jewelry box. When I left the castle I took her jewelry and a couple of clothes belonging to her. It my memory box for my mother,”
“Like the one I have for my dad,” she said smiling.
“Open it,”
As she did as she was instructed Kagome found a beautiful ring with a small diamond mounted on it surrounded by small rubies.
“It's gorgeous Inuyasha!”
“It's yours on one condition,” said Inuyasha as Kagome looked up frowning.
“What?”
“Will you be my mate?”
Kagome mouth drooped open and she jumped hugging the hanyou tightly and whispering yes's into his delicate ears. Smiling broadly Inuyasha picked her up and spun her around before taking the ring and putting it on her ring finger.
Laughter and joy filled the clearing while up in the heaven Izayoi, Inu-Tashio and Kagome's father (sorry but I don't know his name) smiled down at their children.
The End

And so end the "When We First Met " trilogy. I hope if was filled with enough fluff for you guys. Please R&R the button right down there.
Ja Ne