InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ When Worlds Collide ❯ To Get Rich from a Switch ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3 - To Get Rich from a Switch
 
Inuyasha hung up and dialed his cell phone. At first Kagome was reluctant to pick it up but after a few more rings she decided to answer it. She cleared her throat and gave a very timid “Hello”
 
“Who the heck is this?” Inuyasha returned
 
“Honestly”
 
“Yeah, honestly cause I'm going to call the cops”
 
“Get real, if I was a burglar I wouldn't tell you who I am, but seriously I have no idea as to who I am at this minute.”
 
Inuyasha was silent for a while before he finally asked “Are you a male?”
 
“Since this morning” was her reply
 
“Thank God” Inuyasha replied half excitedly “You're me, Inuyasha Taisho”
 
“And you're me Kagome Higurashi, right cause I don't have the patience to go body hunting”
 
“I suppose I am, but I want my body back” was Inuyasha's demand
 
“And don't you think I want mine?” she questioned rhetorically while at the same time trying to ask herself if she really did. Wait a moment, whose call credit are you wasting?
 
“Wasting? Are you kidding me? This is important”
 
“By the way, is your bed jumping material?”
 
“Don't even think about it” Inuyasha warned her in a threatening kind of way.
 
“Goodbye darling” Kagome finalized “Have a nice life”
 
Kagome had always wanted to live someone else's life and now she got the chance so, she was going to make the best of it.
 

 
“I'm back” Dr. Hiten announced upon his entrance
 
“Did you get the chemical?”
 
“No they're all out. Did you check if the experiment worked?”
 
“No I haven't but we could check it now” Dr. Myoga replied
 
The sight was extraordinary. The hamster was swinging all over the monkey's cage like he was the next King Kong and the monkey was running on the tread wheel.
 
“It worked!” Dr. Myoga exclaimed
 
“Wow” Dr. Myoga replied “It's amazing”
 
“Well done”
 
“Congratulations”
 
Suddenly Dr. Myoga was hit with what seemed like a flash of memory “Oh my heavens!”
 
“What is it?”
 
“Someone called today and kept telling me that she was a girl”
 
“You don't think that maybe…”
 
“I didn't unplug the machines last night, did you?”
 
“No”
 
“Do you know what this mean?” Dr. Myoga inquired
 
“We're rich” Dr. Hiten expressed
 
“Not only does it work on animals, it works on humans too” Dr. Myoga declared “This is incredible.”
 
A noticeable silence followed.
 
“Are you thinking what I'm thinking” questioned Dr. Hiten
 
“That we should try the experiment on ourselves.”
 
“Exactly”
 
Both scientists made their way to the hallway. They stood on the stars and waited in anticipation but the machines short-circuited. They sighed with disappointment.
 
“I guess we'll have to do this the hard way” Dr Hiten uttered
 
“Which is what?”
 
“Well we have to have proof that the machine has the capability to interchange the human body so we will just have to find the two that can provide us with that evidence”
 
“The only group that was here yesterday was a history class from the London Community College”
 
“That solves it then” Dr. Hiten responded “On Monday we'll visit the campus”
 
“Okay then” Dr. Myoga finalized “But until then I'll call the electrician.”