InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ When Worlds Collide ❯ A Change for Visibility ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2 - A Change for Visibility
 
 
“I can't believe that's what you're wearing!” Ayume exclaimed
 
“Do I really look that bad?” Kagome inquired in a voice that depicted innocence and solemness as she looked down on her simple outfit.
 
Are you kidding me? Questioned rhetorically “You'd look better in your pajamas.”
Kagome felt horrible; that was the only adjective that she could find to describe her emotions at that moment.
 
Her wardrobe was uniformed she had to admit - it comprised of mainly T-shirt and jeans. Kagome Higurashi wasn't one to be spontaneous, she didn't really have a choice and she had grown to believe in the simplicity of things. Well the truth is she had lost all courage to be spontaneous; she feared the publicity as well as the critics.
 
Today, her history class was making a trip to the London museum. This hardly even impacted Kagome's dull and boring life as she was all but enthusiastic about this event. She just wanted to go through this day without being noticed - as usual.
 
Unfortunately, things didn't go according to plan. Sango, the most popular girl in school, flung her into the spotlight. Apparently, for the three months of attending the London Community College, it was the first time that Sango had ever seen Kagome, or so she claimed. She even went on to blame Kagome for degrading their class as well as their gender. She finalized her oration by telling Kagome that she was a pathetic excuse for a human being.

Kagome felt struck by agony. Her invisible act was exposed; her ten minutes planning was washed downed the drain with what seemed like a split second. Without a clue of what else to, the eighteen year old college student ran away to drown herself in alligator tears.
 
Although she didn't stop to notice, the scene of her classmates with their mouth in a 360 degree circle of laughter haunted her thoughts. Could she ever face them again? She pressed herself into the corner of one of the cubicles of the restroom while she
over-flooded her face with multiple droplets of eye water.
 
When she felt that she had excreted enough liquid to feed a starving nation (which was about half an hour later), Kagome decided to rejoin her class to continue the historical exhibition.
 
On seeing Sango-zilla, however, the little ounce of bravery fled her body so she sprinted in the other direction. Interestingly, Kagome ran into the direction of the science lab.
 
Inuyasha Morgan was running on the opposite direction as if he had been confronted by a ghost a ghost and incidentally, they collided into each other in the hallway. The collision knocked them both to the ground. As destiny would have it, they fell on the stars for the experiment and something triggered the switch on the machines, before they knew it they were blinded by a multi-coloured beam of light.
 
When they regained standard consciousness, they were overcome by extended dizziness so they went home on account of illness. On arriving at their respective homes they were overwhelmed by a classic case of drowsiness.
 

Kagome woke up smiling; it was the first time in a long while that she had slept so peaceful. She opened her eyes and started to stare at the ceiling in its multi-speed rotations. It took about twenty minutes for Kagome to realize that she didn't own a ceiling fan. She owned a grey and white triple speed standing fan that she had to flash water on for it to produce her with cool breeze. It was not after she had sprung up from the bed that she noticed it was an air bed.
 
When she landed on her feet she glimpsed her reflection in the dresser mirror. Her screams that followed was loud enough to stop a world war. She ran up to the dresser to examine her appearance properly.
 
She pinched herself frantically. “This can not be happening!” she exclaimed “Please let this be another stupid dream. I want to wake up, I want to wake up.”
 
 

Inuyasha had already gone through the drama of finding out that he had turned into a girl. The first thing that he did after screaming `his' heart out was to call the museum.
 
“Dr Myoga speaking, how may I be of your assistance.” Returned the other line.
 
“Well sir,” Inuyasha began “I don't know how to explain this… it's like… I have boobs and hips - Um sir do you see where I'm going with this”
 
“No, not really”
 
“I'm a girl”
 
“You're a girl” Dr Myoga repeated flatly
 
“Yes I'm a girl”
 
“Listen, maybe you have the wrong number, there in a hospital down the road, they have a very good psychiatrist who charges reasonably - Hello, Hello… is anyone there?”