InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ When You Die ❯ Cry For Me ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
 
When You Die
 
 
 
One-Shot Chapter Title---Cry for me
 
 
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha.
 
 
 
 
This story is going to be kind of AU, but then again, not really-- If that makes any sense…
 
P.S: I suck at writing fighting scenes, so bare with me. Also, this story will probably be pretty short, but oh well.
 
 
 
 
X





X






X


 
 
 
 
 
 
The smell of dead meat and burning flesh assaulted my nose, making me gag and want to rid myself of the bile in my stomach. I stood ready, arrow aimed and feet shoulder width apart for balance. I looked ahead at Inuyasha who was slashing at Naraku with his mighty sword while Miroku--at his side-- shouted enchantments and curses out as fast he could and still be able to breathe.
 
 
I let my eyes leave the sight of the fight and roam around the battlegrounds. Sesshomaru had showed up following Kohaku not too long ago and decided to stay and help kill Naraku. Not for Inuyasha's sake of course, but for his own-so he had said anyway. Kouga was badly injured and near death, but he decided to stay and fight with Inuyasha. His two pack members tried to talk him out of it but he wouldn't be swayed. He had brought up the slaughter on the Northern tribe and swore that he would see Naraku dead before he let himself pass on.
 
 
 
My gaze slid over to Sango's weeping form. Her shoulders were shaking harshly and screams of agony sprang from her mouth as fast as her breath would allow. It had taken me a while to realize that her loud cries where actually words. She was screaming, “I'm sorry” over and over again as she cradled Kohaku and Kirara-the last of her family-in her lap. My eyes burned and tears started leaking from them again. I wanted so badly to walk over there and help comfort her but I couldn't. I had to stay and be ready to fight if anything should happen to the guys. It didn't really matter anyway. There was nothing I could say to make her feel better. I didn't know the pain of losing your family. I bet I knew how her heart felt, breaking and shattering into small pieces, because my own heart had been broken. But my heartache was of a different kind.
 
 
I looked back over at Inuyasha, who was shouting out foul words to Naraku while the evil half-demon just laughed at Inuyasha's futile attempts to hurt him. Inuyasha had gone into a rage when Naraku showed us Kikyo. Her dead body once again lifeless-all of her souls drained from the clay-made form. Her eyes had been wide and glassy looking and her lips paler than usual. But what had made it worse, oh so much worse, was when Naraku had removed Kikyo's robes and had shown us the marks on her body. Teeth marks and blood spots had been on her body-but they weren't painful markings. They were spots of pleasure, little love nips and such. There had been fingerprint bruises on her hips and the inside of her thighs and even though Inuyasha had never been educated as I had, I knew he wasn't stupid. It was so, so easy to figure out what she had been doing with Naraku before he had killed her, again.
 
 
 
When Inuyasha had seen his old love's body, he cried. He actually cried. Now, I know it was selfish and I know it's wrong, I mean Kikyo had died-although it was again-I hated her. At that moment I had so much hatred and loathing inside of me at her that I wanted to scream. She had made him cry; she had made him sad, yet again.
 
 
Everything she did was so much better than what I could do. She was a better archer than me. While my looks had been cute she had had the classical beauty of a Greek statue. Her body had been more filled out than mine---she beat me at everything. Even at owning Inuyasha's heart. Kikyo owned a bigger portion of his heart, no matter how hard I tried to change that, deep inside, I knew I couldn't.
 
 
 
 
 
“KAGOME!” Inuyasha cried and I came out from my reverie. What? I asked silently. What it is? Then, before I could comprehend what had happened, I felt a searing pain in my chest and when I looked down, I really wished I hadn't. Blood makes me sick to my stomach, but this… this was worse. It was my blood dripping down the front of my school uniform, and trickling down my back in warm waves. It was my body that a tentacle had pierced through. And then, right before my vision became too blurry to see out of, I looked up at Inuyasha as he ran towards me and, believe it or not, I smiled. Even as my knees buckled and my vision faded to blackness, I smiled, and it was a happy smile.
 
 
He had been crying.
 
 
Crying for me.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
X









x





< b>



X
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Does he... does he have... dog ears?? Holy cow! He so does! I think I wanna... touch'em.
 
 
 
 
~~
 
 
 
"My names Kagome. Ka-Go-Me. Say it with me."
 
 
~~
 
 
"Hey Shippo," Inuyasha spoke in an amused tone. I looked at him wearily and then at the kit in my arms. "Your village called, they're missing their idiot." he laughed while Shippo tried to pummel him with his tiny fists.
 
 
 
 
 
~~
 
 
 
"Will you give me the honor and bear my children?" Miroku asked, staring at me intently.
 
 
 
 
~~
 
 
 
I moaned when i felt Inuyasha stiffen inside of me, and then he gasped, coming in hot bursts that melted my insides.
 
 
 
 
 
~~
 
 
 
 
Shippo stared up at me from his spot in my arms, his green eyes dull and lifeless. I couldnt believe it, the first of us to die at Naraku's hands was the youngest. The sweetest. He had protected me and it had cost him his life. I sank to my knees and harsh sobs came from my mouth as I rocked back and forth, holding the kit who I had unintentionally came to call my own child.
 
 
A sad mew and then a thing like a howl came from Sango's two-tailed cat while her owner crouched down beside me, her own cries softer than my own, but just as sad. And then, when Inuyasha came and put his arms around me, I screamed.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
~~
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Apparently, when you die, your strongest memories do flash before your eyes.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
X






X






X
 
 
 
 
Yeah.... the ending sucks... I know. If anyone wants to change it, lemme know and I'll let you.