InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Where am I? ❯ Waking up ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

IMPORTANT: Before I get started on this chapter, let me explain a few things. Naraku was defeated a little while ago. Kagome and Inu Yasha love each other. Sesshoumaru moved back to the Western lands to take his rightful place as ruler. Rin is staying at the palace, and her room is constantly supplied with fresh flowers. Jaken is still Sesshoumaru's lackey. Now they travel when they need to survey the land. Sesshoumaru now has a new arm from one of his dead Inu Youkai soldiers. Sakura has actually been knocked out for a few days, explaining why/how the thugs made it to the western lands of Japan without her noticing. Ok, I think that's it.

" ": Speaking

' ': Thinking

"Sakura-san, please wake up!" Rin cried and sobbed. She could not see the first normal human that had treated her so nicely, just because she was herself, in this condition. She shook the bloody body yelling at it some more, but the one thing that made Rin sad just wouldn't go away. It was Sakura's facial expression. The mouth was still partially open from the smile that she had given Rin. Her eyes though, her eyes were most definitely not the same. They were so blank. They were void of emotion or life.

Sesshoumaru walked over to Rin and took a look at the girl she was crying over. This girl had given her life for Rin and even her last breath and words were spent on the fact that Rin was safe. If he hadn't met Rin he would've thought 'fool' or 'idiot'. Giving your life so another could live. He would've thought that was just stupid. But now, though he didn't admit it, he knew that giving your life so another could live was the noblest cause there was. It showed unselfishness, a value that was almost lost in this time and place.

"Don't worry Rin," said Sesshoumaru as he reached for Tensaiga," I'll help her." He swung the sword at Sakura and immediately, the wounds vanished. Every bone that was broken was now mended. Her wounds were now sealed though the blood still remained on her body. She gasped for breath and coughed up the last drops of blood that were in her lungs.

"Sakura-san," Rin said with joy filling her voice, "your ok!" Rin quickly pulled the older girl into a hug. "Rin, your ok. What happened? How'd you get away?" Even in her weakened state, she had enough curiosity to ask how Rin had escaped to safety. "Sesshoumaru-sama saved me." Rin smiled and stood up only to bring Sesshoumaru down next to Sakura. "So you are Sesshoumaru?" Sesshoumaru replied coolly, "Yes." "How did you get to Rin so..." Even curiosity could not give Sakura more energy as she found out, for at that moment, she once again embraced a dreamless sleep.

----------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------- When she woke up, Sakura found that she was in a futon instead of on the forest floor. 'Maybe I dreamed it all.' But when she woke up, She found that she was not in her house. Instead, she was in a room with rice paper walls. It was almost bare except for the futon and a table. She was also dressed in a new kimono, which was light blue. Though it had no design, you could tell it was expensive, for it was very well made, and the tie rapped around her waist was an obi made with silk with and kept up with a silver cord.

" Hurray, your awake!" At that moment, Rin came running into the room with a bouquet of cherry blossoms in her hand. " You were asleep for so long. Rin was worried." "Well," Sakura said," I'm sorry for worrying you Rin. Where are we?" "You're in my palace, and I'm glad you're finally awake." At the exact same moment Sakura had asked the question, Sesshoumaru came walking in to check on her. "Your palace?" She looked at the man with interest. He had long silver hair and two red streaks on both sides of his face. He was dressed in a kimono with a sort of floral pattern on the outer most layer. The armor he wore was a bit strange because it only consisted of a vertical chest plate and a shoulder pad that both bore spikes. He also bore two swords at his sides. Sakura suddenly noticed his strange pointed ears. (Here it comes!) "Please forgive me for asking such a rude question, but what's wrong with your ears?!" Sesshoumaru was a little taken aback by her quizzical look. "Can you not tell I'm a youkai?" Sakura jumped back with a sudden look of horror and surprise on her face. "Y-your a y-youkai? How is that possible? Youkai don't exist!" Rin looked at her sideways. " Of course youkai exist. Where do you think you are, Mt. Harukai?" Sakura started thinking back to when she first arrived here. Those men who captured her were dressed like those people who reenact things. "Sesshoumaru, tell me something. At this present time is Japan divided?" He replied with a nod. "Are these divided states warring with each other?" Sesshoumaru one again nodded. Realization dawned on
Sakura. "Oh my G**, I'm in the feudal era of Japan!"

Hey, what do you think of this chapter, is it good? Read and Reveiw!