InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Where am I? ❯ Meeting a new friend, Then meeting death ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I'm BAAAAACK! Thank you for the review Kohaku. I will start making my chapters longer.

" ": Speaking

' ': Thinking

-sama: attached at the end of a name of someone that is of noble or royal blood, but I think it's just for royalty

-chan: attached at the end of a girl's name if you are familiar with them.

-kun: same thing as above accept this applies to a boy

-san: A respectful term usually used for someone older than you, IF you respect them!

Okasan/'Kasan: mother

Otousan/'Tousan: father

onichan: brother

Arigato: thank you

Sakura ran through the thick darkness that shrouded the forest. She realized that she must have been knocked out for quite a while, for when she came out of the well it was early in the afternoon but now the [full] moon was high in the sky. She didn't know how long she had been running, but she ran till she thought she tasted blood on her tongue and thought her lungs would collapse on themselves. She tripped over a root and fell crashing to the ground, coughing and gasping for breath. Her throat now felt raw from the harsh breathing and she felt as if her heart would jump right out of her chest. She struggled to her aching knees and drank from the water jug she had stolen. Now her breaths' became even and calm and her heart quickly returned to a normal pace. It was then she noticed the soft sound of crying. Curious, she followed the sound to where tree branches parted to let the bright moonlight in. Sitting on her knees was a little girl in a checkered kimono. She was the one that was crying. Concern consumed Sakura and she approached the girl.

"Hey, kid. Are you ok?" The girl shrunk back from Sakura with a look of uncertainty in her eyes.

"It's ok, I won't hurt you. Here, have an apple." She grabbed an apple from her pack and held it out to the girl. The girl quietly said, "Arigato" and took the apple.

"Are you lost? Where are your parents little girl?" The girl sadly looked up and told her, "They're dead." 'I should really learn to put my foot in my mouth'. Sakura started to apologize. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to..." "It's alright. Sesshoumaru-sama takes good care of Rin now."

"Rin, that's your name isn't it? It's very pretty." "Arigato, lady. What's your name?" "It's Sakura." Rin smiled brightly at her. "Ooh. Rin likes your name too, pretty lady." Sakura smiled and once again asked a question. "So where is this Sesshoumaru who's taking care of you?" Rin frowned sadly. " Rin doesn't know. She lost him." Sakura took pity upon Rin and decided to help her out as best as she could. Besides, she couldn't stand to see such a cute face so sad. "You know what? I'll help you find him, ok?" Rin smiled happily at Sakura. "Really? You'll help Rin? Thank you so much!" After she said this, Rin hugged Sakura with all her might. "Now Rin-chan, it's very late. First we'll get some sleep, then in the morning we'll look for Sesshoumaru-sama." Sakura said this with a kind smile on her face. " Ok Sakura-san." Sakura pulled one of the sheets out of her bag and rapped it around them, and she quickly fell asleep as her exhaustion finally settled in.

1 or 2 miles away...

"F-forgive me S-S-Sesshoumaru-sama. I-I d-didn't n-n-notice she was g-gone." Jaken said this with fear trembling in his croaky voice. Sesshoumaru shot him a shooting glance and said calmly," You are a fool Jaken. Letting a little girl wander off into the danger of the forest without so much as a dagger, but I suppose I could just follow her scent. For your sake, I hope it hasn't faded."

"AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!"

Sesshoumaru turned towards the scream. He realized it was Rin and he sped off towards the direction of the scream.

Back where Rin and Sakura are.

"AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!" Sakura was awakened by Rin's piercing scream. It seems while they were sleeping, they were surrounded by a pack of ravenous wolves. Sakura quickly got up and grabbed the dagger that was in her pack.

"Rin-chan, I want you to run as fast as you can away from here, ok honey?" Although Sakura feared for her own life, she was more worried about Rin. She was only a little girl.

"NO! I won't!" As Rin said this, a wolf lunged at Sakura. She was now fighting off a whole pack of wolves. They bit her and lunged at her as she stabbed and wrestled them. Grass, dirt, and blood now ruined Sakura's fine kimono. The once silver kimono was now ruby red. With her whole body bloody and broken, she could barley stand up, but she somehow found the strength to fight the wolves.

"Rin," Sakura coughed up blood," run." Before Rin could answer, one of the few wolves that remained standing lunged at her.

"AAAAAHHHHHHH!"

"Rin, no!" Sakura knew she could not get there in time, but suddenly, Rin was gone in a blur. "Rin? Rin, where are you!" The wolves once again attacked Sakura.

Finally the few that had remained alive limped away, whimpering. "Rin? Rin, please answer me!" Worry replaced her thoughts of pain. "Sakura-san! Over here!" Rin was standing in front of a man with the fine clothes of a noble and silver hair. "Rin." She smiled and took a shaky step forward. Her legs could no longer support her and she fell crashing down. "Sakura-san!" Rin ran to her side and took her hand. "Rin," She said with much difficulty, "I'm glad your okay." She drew in one shaky breath as her heart gave out. Sakura's body had lost just too much blood to keep itself running.

"Sakura-san! NOOOOOO!" Rin sobbed at Sakura's side.

No more hope or fear filled Sakura's eyes. Only the peaceful blankness of death filled her otherwise blank eyes.

------------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------------------------------------

Hey! Don't worry, Sakura won't stay dead. She'll be walking among the living in no time!

What's gonna happen next? Read the next chapter of "Where am I?" to find out!