InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Whimpers ❯ Hope ( Epilogue )

[ A - All Readers ]
I don't own any Inuyasha charrie.
I swear.
On oath.
Why won't you people believe me?!
I do not need to go to an institution!
The voices in my head say so!!
Don't take me away!
The broccoli will fight for me!!
AHHHHHHHHH!!!!
Enough of my blabber, on with the show, or whatever it is I am writing.


Inuyasha: Shut up and write already, will ya!

she_devil: Shush, dog-boy. I am writing to my fans... *smug grin*

Inuyasha: Well aren't you modest, wench. You have no fans!

she_devil: I do so!!!! They're just, out of town or something... *nervous glance*

Inuyasha: *arrogant smile* SEE, whad I tell ya...

she_devil: Shutttttttt up.... *mutters*

OK, now enough of my rambling. On with chappy 1!!! ~_~
Inuyasha: About time....

she_devil: *wacks koishii-Inuyasha with Sango's stolen boomerang* I lurve you! *says in cowgirl accent and runs off*

Sango: Get back here with my weapon you.........You..........You she_devil!!!!!!

Inuyasha: *in dreamy daze* She lurves me!*

Sango: *glare* *knocks Inuyasha unconscious* Stupid, cupid.....


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Inuyasha raced along the forest limbs, the ground beneath him shaking from force. His heart pounded in his ears and he held his breath absentmindedly as he urged himself faster, farther. He could sense the well close and he could smell her scent, the fragrant minty tang with added salty tears and sorrow. His heart contracted and he took a deep breath, his speed reaching peaks it never dare dream about before. Sooner then he expected he reached the well. He was so taken-aback that he had reached it, that he ran right past and into a rather prickly thorn bush. He whimpered in pain and yanked himself out. He brushed himself off as well as he could and ran back to the well. Sniffing, he realized Kagome hadn't yet made it and that she would be along in around five minutes. He sat on the edge, draping his arms over the sides and leaning back across it, unconsciously making a barrier. He really couldn't believe he had beaten her to it. He really hadn't thought he would make it. Humans, being slow, he realized he was finally thankful for this flaw. This would give him a few minutes to ponder on how his speed had increased so radically.
Before he knew it he, he heard giggling which brought him out of his mental daze. Kagome stood before him, young and innocent as ever, staring at his head.

"What is it, wench?" he was disturbed by her laughing, he expected yelling or fear but giggles hit his hearing instead.
"Its K-A-G-O-M-E, got it? And you hve thorns in your hair which make you look like a stick bug..." her comment sent her into another fit of giggles.
Inuyasha growled and quickly, and painfully for him, rid his hair of the sharp intruders. "Bitch..." he muttered under his breath, glad she had only human hearing.
Kagome's face turned dark and angry, her Miko power surging off her in sharp and bold waves. She lowered her hands from covering her mouth and left them at her sides in fists. Her eyes grew darker and blue turned near black. Tears stung her eyes but she refused to cry... "Inuyasha.." she said, her tone steady and cold.
Inuyasha shuddered slightly and refused to meet her eyes. "Y---yes Ka-kagome..?" he new murmured.
"Did you mean it?"
He looked up, his eyes finally meeting hers. "Huh?"
"Did you mean it? Did you mean that you've never loved anyone but Kikyou?"
Inuyasha mouth hung open. In the few minutes that he had before she had showed up, he had gone over everything in his mind. Although, for so long he had denied his feelings toward Kagome, he could no longer. Kikyou....... Kikyou, his first love. Yes, he had loved her. Had being the key-word. Kikyou was the first one to accept his hanyou side and love him for it, since his parents that is. But he had been wrong. He had longed for someone to love him that he had foolishly stepped into it without seeing that her love for him was not full. She had soon after told him that she would be his if he became human. His whole life, all he wanted to become was full demon. Now he as not so sure... Kagome, despite his disrespect of her and her human blood, had loved him. Had love him, for him. He had then, without even being fully aware, became completely head over heels for her. He hadn't seen his own feelins changing. He then realized it. He protected Kagome with his life, he was incredibly protective of her around other males, her brought her food and he let her sleep, and not only that... His strength had become almost unbeatable since he had started loving her.
"Yes."
Kagome nodded, and fresh tears spilled over her creamy pale cheeks. She made her way to the well and put a foot up, staring into the dark hole which threatened to swallow her.
"Inuyasha smiled, "Until now."
Kagome frowned and looked up, her voice shaky and thin, though understandable. "W--w---what?"
Inuyasha got up and put an arm, almost causually, around her waist and pulled her completely against him. "I said, I have only loved Kikyou until now." He sat down on the edge of the well and turned Kagome around in his arms so that her back was up against his chest.
Kagome shivered, not from the cold night air but from her current feeling against her back... The muscles rippled and the warmth flooded her body.
"You see," he continued, "I did love Kikyou. Not any more... I have never felt towards Kikyou, the way I feel towards............ Towards you." He smiled as he felt her tense up. "I loved you from to moment you came into view, and I have loved you more ever since. Kikyou wanted me changed, you were right. But you... You always wanted me just for me. You always wanted me despite my arrogant, stubborn, rude, jerky hanyou self, and I love you for that. I do Kagome.... I love you for loving me, and I love you now. Now and forever, koishii."
Kagome shivered uncontrollably. He just said he loved her!!!!! Her world was shining, he had opened up to her, and told her the only thing she had ever longed to hear. He told her he loved her, and not Kikyou! Now, it was her turn.
Inuyasha blushed, he couldn't believe he had said those things... He had always known himself for being cold and departed, away and...and safe. Not anymore. He stopped blushing and he leaned his head against the shoulder of the woman who had captured his heart so fully and so long ago. He was brought out of his daze by Kagome's voice, he smelled pure hope coming off her and he felt swallowed by it.
"Inuyasha... I have never stopped loving you. Your visits to Kikyou hurt me but my love never stopped... You always protected me, but I thought it was for the shards. I never wanted you to change, never want you to. I never wanted you to change yourself, not a bit. I love you with every part of me and I always have. Your strength has given me my own and I want to tell you truthfully, right now. I love you.. And, its no crush." Kagome turned and looked deep into the golden orbs which had captured her heart. She smiled and Inuyasha smiled back.
Inuyasha had never felt so free... He new he wanted her, and he knew with every bit, she wanted him.
He brought his lips down to hers and she met him full way. They pressed against each other, their first kiss the most passionate in history..
The lips molding together and the love for each other floating around them and locking them each in eternal love and protection.
Love was never so pure, never so full and truthful.

As Inuyasha slid down from to well with Kagome, onto the grass, and as he laid her down below him, he knew this love and their life together was going to last.
And nobody, was ever going to get between that.
The only word which could describe their feeling.... their future.

Hope.