InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Whose Child is This? ❯ Sesshoumaru you have some explaing to dooo! ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
~~Kagome's P.O.V. ~~
 
Pain was the first thing I felt when I awoke again. What did Sesshoumaru do to me? I thought he was my friend. Could I have been wrong? Maybe Sister was right and he cares about no one. That thought made me vry for him he must be so lonely. Do I need to try harder? Ohh, maybe I had better wait till I am better.
 
“Ug.” I groaned as I tried to sit up.
 
“Careful Kagome.” I knew that voice! Sesshoumaru! “You have been through a lot little one and you need to rest.” Why was he taking care of me where was my sister? Opening my eyes I felt dizzy.
 
“Sesshoumaru? What happened?”
 
“I lost my temper Kagome. You interfered in a fight that was not yours and you were hurt. I will explain things to you after you have had some tea.”
 
“Where are my sisters?”
 
“They have gone home along with my half brother.”
 
“Why?”
 
“Do you have any idea what has happened Kagome? Has your sister explained anything about what life is going to be like once she marries Inuyasha?”
 
“I know what happens on the wedding night Sesshoumaru. My schooling has seen to that. So I know what they will be doing after they are married. Kikyo got too shy to explain everything to me but she mentioned something about being bound in human and youkai custom. However, after mentioning it Inuyasha stopped her saying that unless I married a youkai that was a little bit to personal.”
 
“Well in a sense you have married a youkai Kagome.”
 
“What?! I am too young to be married! I haven't even dated and Kikyo said I had to wait until I was 14 to do that!” I nearly yelled.
 
“Please be calm Kagome this isn't going to be easy for me to explain.”
 
“Sorry Sesshoumaru.” I hung my head as the tea was brought in by his secretary. How she knew I wasn't sure since I hadn't seen him pick up the phone to call her like he usually did.
 
“Now listen carefully Kagome.” I nodded. “Please refrain from speaking until I finish.” Again I nodded as he poured me some tea and motioned for me to begin drinking it.
 
“Now when you interfered with my attack you were able to purify a great deal more then your sister did but you are untrained for the most part and could not stop it all. Your sister had no warning so she did not have the energy to block the rest either. So I made a choice to change my energy from attack to something else. It had to be the opposite of the hateful attack I unleashed. Do you understand so far?”
 
“I think so. You are saying that you needed to do the opposite like a North and South Pole opposite with magnets right?”
 
“Correct. So since it was hate what is the opposite?”
 
“Love or at least deep caring right?” I was getting curious.
 
“Correct again. So I had to bind one of you with the caring energy unleashed. I couldn't form a bond with Kikyo because she is to bond with my brother.”
 
“So that left me right? What does that mean?” I was starting to see where he was going but I had to be sure. If it was what I thought…
 
“It means that I used the remaining energy in a mating bond. It is a youkai's way of marrying but we do not join with petty words like human weddings. Our way lets us know when our mate is frightened or happy and almost every emotion in-between. It allows the weaker side to have the longevity of the stronger, meaning they will share the life span of the stronger one. It can even bind souls so that if one dies the other soon follows barring children or a reason to stay and they will be brought together again in their next lives. Humans have termed it soul mates I believe.”
 
“So you are my mate then? Is that the correct term?” slightly confused.
 
“Yes.”
 
“Oh.” I was unsure what to think. I was too young to do what Kikyo and Inuyasha planned on doing. I hadn't matured yet and I was afraid to think that my friend was a child lover. The thought alone gave me the chills.
 
“There is more Kagome.” My head jerked up.
 
“More?” I asked scared. He sighed and left his chair to pick me up and place me in his lap on my seat.
 
“Do not be afraid Kagome. It is against the laws and instincts of Inu youkai to harm their mates. The problem is that the energy was so much that it created the soul bond and it has slowed your aging to mine. You will not mature at 12-14 like other girls it will take almost another ten years more for you. I am sorry to say that you will be stuck in your smaller body for a very long time, or it will probably seem like it to you.”
 
“But I won't be small forever right?” hoping that was what he meant.
 
“No, you will grow up but it will be different from everyone else.”
 
“I know that this will sound strange but I have a feeling you are leaving something out.” He sighed again.
 
“Yes.”
 
“Well?”
 
“You could age normally if I let myself age like a human but…”
 
“You could? I could be normal still?” I asked excitedly.
 
Yes you could but I can't let that happen.”
 
“Why?” I asked starting to cry.
 
“Because if I let myself age like a human I would lose centuries of life where as you would only be this young for at most twenty years.” I was about to interrupt when he placed his finger on my lips. “I am not doing this because I am vain Kagome. I am the heir to the western lands in youkai society. Losing those years would make me as old as my father and would force you to bear a child as soon as you were old enough to insure the lines. This way you can grow up though admittedly much slower then you would have other wise but you can decide when and where we have pups of our own. I would still be considered the young heir and not to old to take over should anything happen to my father.”
 
Pups of our own? I am only a kid myself Sesshoumaru!” I tried to squirm out of his arms for they no longer felt so safe.
 
“I know that Kagome. I told you to listen to me. You will decide little one. I will wait for you to grow up. I can not change what I have done Kagome and to be honest I do not want to. For you are the only one I have ever cared about. I might have waited for you to grow up first but I probably would have asked you later to be my mate. Life is unfair little one but I will try to be fair to you. I will take over your schooling and training that way I can take care of you. You will live with me now and we will have time to get to know each other like a courting couple would. I will never push you farther then you are ready. Please understand Kagome I can feel your pain as well as your happiness. I only wish to make you happy.”
 
“Live with you? Train with you? Learn from you? What about my family!” I was beginning to get angry.
 
“They will visit and often but you must understand Kagome you are a special little one. You are so smart for your age. Your sister already struggles to keep you interested and can not meet you on a level field with your strong powers. You will need me. I will need you.” Thinking it over I realized he was right. A sudden thought occurred to me and again I grew nervous.
 
“Will we have to share a bed like Inuyasha said Kikyo and him would?”
 
“Not in the intent he meant. You would not have to sleep with me but it would be nice to know where you are and that you are safe. My bed is large enough for you to have your own side.”
 
“So I guess that it huh? Done deal and no returns?” suddenly depressed.
 
“Yes.”
 
“Then why do I still want to cry?” my eyes were beginning to sting.
 
“It is natural Kagome. I took something precious from you. I took your choice and hurt you because of mine. I said that I am not sorry it happened but I am sorry for the timing. Do not try to separate from me, do not try to hide, I may not understand always what you feel and why but I am here, I will listen, and I will care.” Tears leaked from my eyes. I knew he was not himself but he was trying to be understanding, he was trying to be what I needed. And in that moment I knew I could not hold it against him for what happened. Neither of us asked for it but he was giving me the option to work through it together like a real team. Letting go of the pain and the worry I melted into his arms for here is now where I was safest, here was my new home, and for the first time since my parents died I felt safe once again. Snuggling into his chest I sighed happily and knew we'd get it right somehow.
 
~~Sesshoumaru's P.O.V. ~~
 
I did not complete as much work as I had wanted because I began to worry about how it was best to explain to Kagome the situation. She looked so peaceful in her sleep and though her brow was still a little creased from the pain it added character and didn't detract from her looks at all. I heard her grunt and felt her shift under my hands and knew she was coming around. I quickly told my secretary to re-warm the tea and bring it when she was done as Kagome's eyes fluttered.
 
I explained the best I could the situation leaving nothing out. She took it better then I had hoped and I knew that she understood. I felt the connection deepen and strengthen as her own powers solidified the bond since Kagome accepted me. She forgave me easier then I would have thought but then I was not all that surprised knowing her as I do. I let her rest in my arms and knew that soon he would have to get ready to go the day seemed to have slipped away from him.
 
Glancing at the calendar he realized that someone had marked the day. Narrowing his eyes to see better he read in the childish hand writing the 5 month anniversary of meeting for the first time. Chuckling to himself at the irony he carefully wrapped his little mate's arms around him and went to his desk to log off and called his limo driver, It was time to take her to her new home.
 
It didn't take long for his ride to arrive and was grateful that his driver only raised a brow at seeing Kagome before opening the door and shutting them inside. Running a claw through her hair he mentally prepared himself for the questions he was sure to be asked when he started to arrange for the girls schooling for it would not be good for either of them to give the real reason. Sighing he forgot about it perhaps his little mate had the right idea. Sleep was always good for the body and mind.