InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Why Do Fools Fall In Love? ❯ Delusional Fantasy ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wow… I just wrote chapters 6 and 7 within 3 hours… umm and it's like really early in the morning and I'm tired so if there are any mistakes I apologize… my mind tends to get a little fuzzy when it's been working for too long. Hope you enjoy my new chapters.
 
 
 
Chapter 7 Delusional Fantasy
 
 
 
 
Kagome woke up by an incessant noise coming from the room over, lifting her heavy eyelids Kagome realized she was surrounded by darkness and staring up at her plain ceiling. Kagome closed her eyes to fall back asleep when she heard the water start running in the bathroom, wondering who could be up at this hour she opened her bleary eyes to stare back up at the ceiling.
 
“Hey babe, where are my pants?” A voice echoed down the hallway.
 
“Huh,” Kagome whispered to no one in particular as she sat up in her bed. “Who's there?” Kagome yelled out into the dark but unfortunately got no response.
 
Frightened and very delusional Kagome searched her pitch black room with shifty eyes to see if she could find where the strange, gruff voice was coming from. Her eyes were instantly drawn to her nightstand where her alarm clock told her it was approximately 5:34 in the morning, explaining why it was still dark out. But who was it that kept calling out to her in the dark; if it even was her… she didn't know yet.
 
Still very scared of the dark Kagome drew her fluffy pink comforter closer to her face so that now only her eyes would show, as if that was going to protect her from whoever it was calling out to her.
 
Suddenly Kagome was blinded by a white light so she squeezed her eyes shut and threw the covers over her head as if she was trying to hide underneath them.
 
Then the stranger spoke again, “Babe, I said where are my pants!” A mans loud and clearly frustrated voice rang out. “You know we have to be at my aunts by eight to setup, we'll never make it on time if we don't leave soon!”
 
`Wait… that voice sounds awfully familiar.' Kagome thought as she tried her best not to panic, but nobody who lived with her fit the description of a fairly young man with a quick temper and a gruff voice, and she certainly didn't know anybody who called her `babe'.
 
Suddenly her bedroom door shut and Kagome's heart started to race as her mind flooded with questions she couldn't answer. Then she felt her mattress bounce as she realized that whoever it was, was now sitting right next to her on her bed.
 
But the man seemed calm and hesitant, “Umm… babes… are you alright?” The young mans' voice was now soft and filled with genuine concern as he started to pull the comforter down and out of Kagome's death grip. Kagome's curiosity peaked and she suddenly wanted to see this stranger who thought he had the right to call her `babe'.
 
Kagome opened her eyes slightly but had to wait for them to adjust to the bright light and all that white hair that had all the light in the bedroom reflecting off of it, `wait a second… white hair?'
 
Then it was confirmed. The white hair, the gruff voice, and the quick temper fit nobody better than it fit Inuyasha.
 
“Inuyasha,” Kagome barely said above a whisper. “Why are you-?”
 
“Shh…Kagome…” Inuyasha whispered matching Kagome's barely audible soft voice as he put his finger to her lips as a way to silence her. “Are you alright… you've been acting strangely this morning, you're not coming down with something again, are you?”
 
Suddenly Kagome felt warm fingers gently glide across her forehead and then down her left cheek. When Kagome looked up her vision had cleared and her breath caught in her throat as she saw vibrant amber eyes staring into hers with the most intense passion she'd probably ever see…
 
 
…and they were getting closer…
 
-Beep-
 
…and closer…
 
-Beep-
 
….eyes now closed…
 
-Beep-
 
“Kagome”
 
Breathing a little harder and quicker with her eyes still closed Kagome whispered, “What…. Inuyasha”
 
“Wake up already! You're alarm clock has been going off for over two minutes!” Kagome heard a shrilling voice that sounded like it was in the distance.
 
When she didn't hear Inuyasha answer she opened her eyes and realized she was now staring up at her little brother Souta standing in the broad daylight.
 
“Huh? Wait... what the… oh god…” Kagome scrambled to form a coherent response and was hit hard when she realized just what had happened, “Souta, what time is it?” Kagome groaned and found out for herself when she looked at the same taunting alarm clock from that nightmare. Now she would be forced to think about that horrible dream every time she looked to see what time it was. Kagome was now officially shocked and confused as she sat straight up in bed. Kagome was now swimming in her mind searching for answers, even though it was a very difficult task to do so early in the morning.
 
Souta just stood and watched his sister try to remember where she was, but he knew why she was acting weirder than usual. “Uhh… right… mom said you were still sick.” With that said Souta patted Kagome on the back and turned around to leave.
 
“Hey Souta wait,” Kagome called out to Souta as she reached her arm out like she could stop him, a clear sign of desperation.
 
Souta turned around with his hand on the door handle to look back at his sister. “Yeah, sis?”
 
Kagome got nervous, bit her lower lip, and then started to twiddle her thumbs, an annoying habit she's had for years. After she hesitated, she shyly asked, “Did I say anything in my sleep?”
 
Like the cruel little brother Souta was he knew his job well and that was to make older siblings life miserable. Instead of even giving an answer Souta just obnoxiously busted out laughing then shut her door and left.
 
Kagomes mouth dropped as she tried to imagine that he was just trying to get to her and so instead of stampeding after him she just sat there and narrowed her eyes at the offending door. “Figures…” Kagome muttered miserably and dropped back down on the bed to count the horrible and crazy reasons why she would have any kind of dream, especially romantic, involving Inuyasha. `Ugh, I have got to stop spending time with him; he's a curse just by looking at him… not that I would want to. It's probably just side-effects from this cold, or fever, or whatever it is…'
 
Kagome closed her eyes for a brief second before flashing them back open, realizing that it was Monday. “Shoot, I have to get ready for school!”
 
 
~<3 ~<3 ~<3 ~<3
 
 
“Eh Inuyasha, what'd you doing tonight?” Kouga asked Inuyasha slapping him on the back in the crowded lunchroom.
 
Inuyasha gave Kouga a dirty look and took a bite of his burger without answering him.
 
“Hey man, what's the matter, cat got your tongue?” Kouga teased.
 
“What do you want Kouga?” Inuyasha growled glaring at him.
 
“I just wanna hang out sometime; I know it's not like you study or anything. So what do you say we head over to that new bar? I heard they've got strippers that give lap dances naked!”
 
“Ugh, like I need to buy a lap dance when I can get one for free.” Inuyasha barked as he took a huge a bite out of his burger.
 
“Ha ha, yeah I know this, but don't you want to experience it from a professional?”
 
Inuyasha hesitated before saying “no,” and getting up and walking away. He didn't really know why, but sometimes Inuyasha didn't even understand himself. Most other guys would want more than anything to take his place and live with servants and have lots of friends, but here he was not caring at all that he had any of it. He knew he should be grateful but he just couldn't bring himself to care.
 
Just then in the middle of the cafeteria Inuyasha stopped dead in his tracks when he realized that tonight was the night that the stupid, dirty, wench would have to come over to his house and spend countless torturing hours working on this dumb project. This time things were definitely going to be interesting with her in his house.