InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Why Do Fools Fall In Love? ❯ Broken Windows and Dumpsters ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ch. 12
 
 
Broken Windows and Dumpsters
 
 
 
 
Sango and Miroku rushed over to Kagome where they seen her barely standing on the outskirts of the fight.
 
“Kagome! Kagome, are you alright! What happened?” Sango grabbed Kagome's arm to yank her out of the way, should Kouga and Inuyasha start scrapping.
 
“Yeah… yeah, I'm fine.” A distorted Kagome reassured Sango.
 
Before Kagome could start explaining everything to her friends, 3 big security guards came barging through the thick crowd.
 
“HEY! You kids knock it off!” The biggest one yelled, with a buzzed head and tattoos covering both of his arms and neck.
 
“What's going on in here?” The principle bellowed. Then looking up he seen the giant shattered hole in the window. The principle gave orders to everyone to move out of the way and get back to their business, and had Inuyasha and Kouga personally ushered to his office. Then he marveled over the strength it must have taken to shatter that window with what appears to be a lunch tray. Kouga was being dragged screaming and a confused looking Inuyasha walked away staring at the ground.
 
“Whoa, somebody's in trouble.” Somebody sang when they were both ushered to the door.
 
Everybody started walking back to their seats and clearing out of the way. The window was being inspected by the principle and janitors, and just before Inuyasha was being led through the entrance of the cafeteria he turned around, and looked straight at Kagome.
 
~<3 ~<3 ~<3 ~<3
 
 
“So then I walk up to Inuyasha and before I even get a chance to say anything he just picks up Kouga's tray and whips it right through the window!” Kagome exclaimed wildly with her arms to Sango and Miroku.
 
“You mean you didn't even get to tell him off!” Sango bitched.
 
“Nope, I was going to take his drink and spill it all over his lap too!”
 
“Well, whatever the issue between you and Inuyasha is, it sounds like the one between him and Kouga is even bigger.”
 
“Yeah, since I'll be seeing him in geography, I'll risk asking him what happened.” Miroku finished as the lunch bell rang signaling the students to go to their 4th hour.
 
`I wonder how bad of a temper I'll have to put up with from Inuyasha tonight. If he can manage to whip a plastic tray that doesn't even weigh a pound through thick glass over 50 feet away. Then what else can he do?' Kagome shuddered at the thought.
 
~<3 ~<3 ~<3 ~<3
 
 
“Hey, my good man, what's up?”
 
“Would you stop calling me that!” Inuyasha grouched.
 
Miroku ignored the attitude as usual, showed a perfect white smile and sat down next to him.
 
“So….” `How do I go about asking him what happened, Miroku thought urgently…?' “I… umm… rumor is the window is going to be pretty expensive to replace…”
 
“Yeah I know. I have to be the one to replace it.” Inuyasha just crossed his arms and leaned back in his chair as if he didn't have a care in the world. “But it doesn't really matter considering its mere pocket change to me.”
 
`Lucky bastard, Miroku thought.'
 
“Really, that's all the punishment you got for breaking a window?”
 
Inuyasha scowled. “No, I also have to clean the cafeteria right after school. Take out that old window and make sure the entire cafeteria is spotless. It was either that or get suspended for a week. This way my parents will never find out I got in trouble.”
 
“Hmmm… so…” Miroku cleared his throat. “Why did you do it?”
 
Inuyasha scowled down at his feet.
 
“I mean…” Miroku pressed. “What did Kouga do to possess you to throw his lunch through a window?”
 
“He told me how much he wanted to screw Kagome.”
 
Miroku blinked… twice.
 
“WHAT?”
 
It pissed me off.” Inuyasha scowled harder at his feet, if that's even possible.
 
“I know I'm going to risk sounding like a therapist… but why?”
 
Inuyasha sat silent for a minute then smirked. “No friend of mine is going to talk about screwing some nasty wench like Kagome.”
 
Miroku thought about that…
 
`That made him mad enough to take his lunch tray and throw it?' It might not add up but he figured he already had enough information, so he was just going to leave it at that.
 
~<3 ~<3 ~<3 ~<3
 
 
Finally schools out! Kagome thought as she headed to her locker to pick up the things needed for her and Inuyasha's project.
 
Kagome looked down the hall to see Ayumi and Yuka gaining on her fast.
 
“Hey Kagome, Miroku told me to tell you that Inuyasha might be late.” Ayumi said excitedly.
 
Kagome paused. “Why would he be late?”
 
“Where are you and Inuyasha going?” Yuka squealed.
 
Kagome resisted the urge to roll her eyes. “Yuka, it's nothing like that. Inuyasha and I have this project that we've been cursed with and I'm just going over to his house to work on it.”
 
Yuka deflated. “Oh.” Ayumi perked up. “You're going to his HOUSE?”
 
“Yeah… could either of you tell me why Miroku said Inuyasha isn't going to be at his house when I get there?”
 
“He has to clean the entire cafeteria!” Yuka chirped.
 
“Ugh! That means we'll never get this project finished!' Kagome groaned letting her head fall forward and land on her locker in defeat.
 
“He might not be that late. He does things really fast and efficient…” Yuka said
 
Ayumi giggled. “At least that's what all the girls say!”
 
`Ugh' God. Kagome hated her school. “Alright, well I guess I can't leave the guy who's picking me up next to the dumpsters waiting. Bye guys.”
 
“Oh wait; could you do me a favor?” Yuka whispered hurriedly as she slipped a disposable camera into Kagome's hand. “Could you maybe get a picture of him naked?” Yuka asked excitedly. Ayumi giggled.
 
Kagome blinked… twice. “…my driver?”
 
“NO!” They both screamed.
 
“Ewe, no Inuyasha!” Ayumi cried.
 
To Kagome whether she took a picture of the driver or Inuyasha naked- it was still just as disgusting.
 
“He won't be getting naked around me.” Kagome nearly gagged and was about to hand her back the camera but felt bad when both of their faces fell: Sigh: “I guess I could try, but I'm not making any promises!”
 
As Kagome walked away she could still hear them squealing with excitement.