InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Why ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Why?
 
DISCLAIMER: I DON'T OWN INUYASHA!
 
 
CHAPTER 1
 
Kagome continued to run as fast as she could, not looking back or looking where she was going. In her mind she knew that she might not be able to see at all that clearly thanks to the tears that were blurring her vision.
 
Suddenly, Kagome tripped on a tree route and fell onto the cold forest floor. Still sobbing uncontrollably, she just laid were she was, looking for all the world to see like a depressed woman confused and heart broken, `Inuyasha…'
 
FLASHBACK
 
A cheerful Kagome climbed out of the old well and began to walk back to the village where everyone must be waiting for her at. It was such a happy day since Naraku was finally destroyed and they were able to obtain the last remaining shards, at a price.
 
Kohaku died shortly after the shard on his neck was removed by Naraku, leading to an enraged and despaired Sango to try and save her younger brother, only to be met by a cold corpse…
 
Everyone fought so hard against Naraku, Inuyasha was so determined that he called even allowed his older brother, Sesshomaru and Kouga, to help defeat the evil monster. Even Kikyo joined in to help them destroy Naraku.
 
In the middle of the battle, Naraku began to try and kill Kagome, because he knew that she held all of the shards in her possession, but was foiled when Inuyasha came and save her yet again and delivered the final blow. With the clock ticking, everyone went in searched for the rest of the shards so that Naraku would not be able to become whole again. But something strange happened…
 
As Kikyo was saying a chant to summon all of the shards to herself saying “it would be easier to obtain and quicker”, which it wasn't, Naraku was beginning to transform again if Kagome hadn't of summoned the shards herself.
 
And all she had to was say, “Come to me.” And they did.
 
After the battle was over, they immediately held a burial ceremony for Kohaku, after Kagome purified and placed the shards together.
 
Everyone was tired and weakened so Kagome decided to go back to her time to get some supplies, and after an argument with Inuyasha, she was down the well with out a peep.
Kagome now could see the village huts when she heard some voices. Pausing long enough to turn to where the voices were coming from she walked deeper inside of the forest. She should have known that curiosity killed the cat.
 
She saw standing there Inuyasha with Kikyo and they seem to be talking about something serious.
 
Suddenly, she heard Kikyo break the silence, “Is that what you want?”
 
`What is she talking about?' Kagome then noticed that Inuyasha hadn't noticed her as of yet, and even though she knew it was wrong, she continued to listen.
 
Inuyasha seemed to be contemplating his answer, when finally he replied with a grin, “Yes.”
 
Kikyo looked a little taken aback, then with a small understanding smile “I see…”
 
Leaning up she then kissed Inuyasha softly on the mouth, and that was when Kagome ran…
 
END FLASHBACK
 
 
`Why Inuyasha, why? I thought that after Naraku was gone that I could finally tell you how I feel… I guess not… meaning that I am no longer welcomed here…' Kagome quickly wiped her eyes and found that she was close to the village.
 
When she got there, she quickly walked into Kaede's hut, making sure no one saw her.
 
Kaede looked up startled to see the young miko standing there with puffy red eyes, “What is wrong child?”
 
Trying to be as calm as she could, Kagome said stiffly, “I came to bring the supplies, and please tell everyone that I will miss them.” With that she dropped her things on the mat and ran with all of her might to the well, with Kaede crying out her name as she ran.
 
When Kagome got to the well, she jumped in without a second thought and ran to her house, coming back only moments later with a bow and arrow…
 
“I love you Inuyasha…” she said this as she pulled the string with the arrow in tow, noticing the purple light coming off of it and then she just let go, all the while, her heart cried.
 
When the arrow hit the soil at the bottom of the well, a bright light erupted and surrounded the area for only a brief second, and then disappeared. Kagome stood there stiffly and finally just dropped her bow and arrow and ran inside of her home.
 
A\N: MY SECOND FAN FIC SO BE NICE! AND REVIEW SO THAT I KNOW THAT YOU ALL WANT ME TO CONTINUE