InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Why ❯ chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N I DIDN'T GET ANY REVIEWS FOR THIS STORY! PLEASE SEND ME REVIEWS SO I AT LEAST KNOW THAT YOU WANT ME TO UPDATE AND CONTINUE ON WITH THIS STORY!
 
DISCLAIMER: I DON'T OWN INUYASHA!
 
CHAPTER 2
 
It was only a peck on the lips but Inuyasha still felt that it was wrong to kiss Kikyo, when the one he loved was to return soon from her time.
 
After the short kiss, Kikyo took a step back, all the while keeping her gaze locked with Inuyasha's eyes, “I hope you and the girl will live happily ever after…”
 
Hearing such a statement from Kikyo, made Inuyasha realize that Kikyo actually meant it, which startled him. Before the battle with Naraku, Inuyasha finally realized whom he truly wanted to be with, and that was Kagome.
 
Nodding his head to the miko, his past love, he began to walk away, leaving her in the shadows.
 
Inuyasha was about five minutes from the village when he heard screams, “KAGOME! WAIT!”
 
`Kagome? Is she in trouble?'
 
With that thought in mind Inuyasha began to run as fast as he could to the village where he saw the old priestess still calling his loves' name, “What happened you old hag, where's Kagome?!”
 
Kaede was about to say what had occurred minutes before but was stopped when a bright light streamed up into the sky exactly where the well was.
 
Then Inuyasha heard Kaede say in a quiet voice, say the words that was and is his worst nightmare come true, “Kagome sealed the well.”
 
Panicked, Inuyasha began to run as fast as he could towards the well and immediately jumped inside of it, feeling none of the magic that he usually had felt when he was traveling to Kagome's time, and looked up only to see the blue sky over head, signifying that he was still in the past, still five hundred years from Kagome, still too far away.
 
“NO!”
 
And with that, he began to dig, digging so hard that he could hear his nails chipping and not care. He felt the rocks in the ground begin to dig into his skin and cause him to bleed, and still not care.
“No…” Inuyasha began to notice that the ground was dampening because of his tears, and he jumped out of the well, only to jump back in as quickly as possible, “No… Don't keep her from me… not now!”
 
Inuyasha began to try and jump back in multiple times to reach her, but to no avail, and began to feel an even stronger sense of panic brew with in his chest, “KAGOME!”
 
On the last jump, Inuyasha began to feel weakened by all of the physical and emotional stress, and ended up staying down at the bottom of the well digging piteously in the ground, and whimpered, “Kagome…”
 
“Inuyasha?”
 
Not bothering to look up Inuyasha replied, “Not now Monk…”
 
Miroku flinched when he heard the misery in Inuyasha's voice. When Sango and him came back to the village after visiting Kohaku's grave, they say Kaede trying to comfort a grieving Shippo, and that was when she informed them of what had happened.
 
“You've been down there for about three hours now Inuyasha…”
 
It was true as he and Sango were running to the well, all the saw was dirt flying in the air and Inuyasha jumping in and out of the well.
 
“I don't care…”
 
Miroku then decided to add whatever else he could to the saddened hanyou, not knowing his reaction, “She left the Shikon no Tama.”
 
When Miroku finished his sentence, Inuyasha merely jumped out of the well and ran into his forest.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~