InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Willow ❯ Willow 3 PG-13 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
When Willow awoke, Inuyasha was still fast asleep against her. His hair was once again white, and he was back to his usual self. She rubbed his ears gently and he whimpered in his sleep.
"What are you doing?" he muttered, opening one eye.
"I couldn't resist," Willow struggled not to laugh.
"Quit it," he said, rolling over to go back to sleep.
"Do you feel better?" Willow asked, her tone changeing.
"I'm fine, now let me sleep," only then did he remember the night before. He rolled back over and looked at her.
"Thanks. I guess we're even," he smiled.
"I would've been fine without your help though," he quickly added.
"I'm sure," Willow smirked.
The two of them got up and walked silently towards the village they were heading to.
"I don't think I've ever seen you so angry," Inuyasha broke the silence.
"When?"
"Last night, fighting those demons. I might of been scared just looking at you,"
"I wasn't mad," Willow looked at him.
"Could've fooled me," Inuyasha retorted.
"I was furious. I was scared I might lose you. I wasn't sure how badly you were hurt and it was all I could do to take care of them first..." Willow trailed off.
"You were worried about me?" Inuyasha's eyes widened as Willow wrapped her arms around him. Inuyasha hugged her back and she rested her head against him. Her hair smelled like flowers and she was so small and soft against him. He had almost forgotten how good it felt to be held like that. Willow finally pulled away and he snapped to.
"What was that for?" he snapped.
"I'm just glad you're okay," Willow ignored his tone and started walking again.
The rest of the way there, every time he looked at her, she turned away. Her hair covered her face, so he didn't see her blushing.
'Why am I acting like this,' she thought. 'I was so scared I'd lose him. I've never been like this about anyone. Well, not recently. That was a long time ago and i was such a fool. But why do I feel so strongly about Inuyasha? He doesn't even like me and here I am, trying to figure out if I'm in love with him.' She looked over at Inuyasha. He looked kind of sad. He always looked sad, since she'd met him anyway.
"What are you looking at?" he fumed. Willow didn't answer, but turned away.
"God, you're acting weird today," he added.
'I wonder what's wrong with her lately. She's changed since I met her. She's so affectionate, if that's what you'd call it. I feel so comfortable with her, but she's probably just like Kagome or Kikyo. Still there's something about her,' He looked over and smiled at the girl, but she didn't seem to notice.

When they got to the village, Sango came out of her hut to greet them. She gave Inuyasha a hug, then turned to Willow.
"And who is this?" she asked.
"Willow," was all Inuyasha would say.
Miroku came up beside Sango and put his arm around her.
"Helo Inuyasha. And who is THIS lovely lady?" Miroku stared at the wispy girl. She blushed slightly and shook his hand.
"I'm Willow. Inuyasha saved me form a demon. I've just traveled with him since then," Willow smiled innocently. She shifted from foot to foot, not sure what else to say.
"Well I'm sure you're both hungry so let's go home," Sango broke the silence and led them back to the hut.
After dinner, while Miroku and Inuyasha were catching up, Sango approached Willow.
"Wanna go for a walk?" she asked.
"Sure," Willow followed her out of the hut and to a nearby stream. They talked about how Sango had met Inuyasha and how irritating he could be.
"Sango, could I ask you something?" Willow looked over at the other girl.
"Why does Inuyasha always seem so sad? He never says much when I ask what's wrong."
"Well he's been through a lot. His mom died when he was barely old enough to fend for himself. He never had any friends growing up. When he finally met a girl who accepted him, they were tricked into thinking they had betrayed eachother. She died after pinning him to a tree for 50 years. The girl who freed him was the first one's reincarnation. She traveled back to her own time not so long ago, but poor Inuyasha fell in love with her. He was heartbroken when she left. He's lost everyone."
"No wonder he's so rude when I try to be kind to him," Willow hung her head sadly.
"He's really very softhearted, though he may never admit it. So how about you?"
"Inuyasha and I had a very similar past," Willow told Sango all that she'd told Inuyasha about her past. When she was done, she stared silently into the distance.
"Why do I get the feeling you're not telling me everything?" Sango inquired.
"I was just thinking. I was in love once. I left when I found he just wanted to use my power to take over everything. He treid to steal my soul once so he could use the elemental powers my body posessed. I guess, to an extent, I understand how Inuyasha feels. We've had such similar pasts. I see him sad and I wish so much that I could make it all go away for him.
"You really care a lot about him don't you?" Sango smirked.
"I, well, I don't know what to do about it though," Willow stubled over her words.
"Tell him," Sango replied.
"But I wouldn't know what to say, or he'd get mad, or..." Willow trailed off as they neared the hut.


Inuyasha and Miroku were talking quietly inside.
"Why would she need your help with one demon with power like that?" Miroku asked.
"Never thought about it. " Inuyasha said thoughtfully.
"Maybe you should ask her. It seems odd."
Both of them fell silent as the girls entered the room. Willow curled up on the mat and Sango motioned for Miroku to follow her to the bedroom.
"Talk to her," Miroku whispered to Inuyasha.
Inuyasha went and sat by the girl.
"Hello Inuyasha," she smiled, looking up at him.
"I want to ask you something," Inuyasha spoke rather harshly.
"Go ahead."
"Why did you pretend to need my help the day we met, with that demon?" Inuyasha scowled before she even answered.
Willow was silent for a moment.
"And why are you still here with me? You don't owe me anything now."
"You said one question." Willow smiled nervously.
"If you must know, I had been following you for a while. I knew you were a hanyou, but I wanted to know which was your dominant side. Then, things got out of control. I panicked and I would've been killed if you hadn't saved me."
"You set me up?" Inuyasha yelled. He stalked out of the hut, livid.
'I should go after him. I guess I'd be mad too.' Willow sadly stood and walked out of the hut following the path that the hanyou had taken.
'Why would she do that? I can't believe her. Maybe I shouldn't have been quite so harsh, but it's not like I have anything to be sorry for. She should be apologizing to me.' Inuyasha grumbled audibly as he reached his destination, a hot spring. It always calmed him when he was angry. Besides, night was the only time he could take an uninterrupted bath. He'd been teased a lot as a kid was very self conscious.
"Where did he go?" Willow asked audibly. She followed the path to the spring and stopped. He was in the water and his clothes were in a pile on the ground.
"Oh shit," she mumbled, turning to leave. She was in such a hurry that she tripped and fell with a crash to the ground. Inuyasha jumped at the sound and glanced around nervously.
"Who's there?" he yelled, getting out of the water and pulling on his pants. He saw no one, but heard a small cry off to his left. He followed the sound and found Willow on the ground, holding her ankle.
"What are you doing here?" he demanded.
"I came to apologize. Then I saw where you were and I didn't want to bother. I was going to leave but I fell and hurt my ankle. I'm so sorry," Willow started to cry.
"Please don't cry," Inuyasha pleaded. He knelt down next to her, his pant completely soaked.
"I forgive you," he assured her as he held her to him. He himself was surprized to find himself acting so soft hearted. He ran his hands through her blonde curls. She finally stopped crying and looked at him.
"Is your ankle okay?" he asked worriedly.
"I'm fine," she responded trying to stand, but quickly falling.
Without warning, Inuyasha grabbed his clothes and hoisted her onto his back. His skin was soft against hers.
"Thankyou," she said gratefully.
"Don't worry about it. It's not like I'd leave oyou out here." he answered.
When they got back, he set her carefully down on the mat. He gingerly held her ankle, careful not to scratch her with his claws. Willow winced in pain.
"It's not broken. I can move it," Willow smiled weakly.
"Sorry I got so mad earlier," Inuyasha gently turned her chint o face him.
"I'm sorry to. For everything," she mumbled.
"So I guess we're even," Inuyasha smirked. Willow curled up on the mat and Inuyasha covered her with a nearby blanket.
"Thanks," she smiled, half asleep.
"You're welcome," he answered, propping himself against a wall near her and drifted to sleep.