InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Winter Love, Spring Pups ❯ A Hard Journey To A New Home ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"talking" 'thinking' telepathic (to who they're looking at or if only two people then to the other person....DUH!)
Chapter 2: A Hard Journey to a New Home
Kagome yelped and fell back only to cry out as she cut her back on a sharp stick. She whimpered loudly in pain and turned back to the black wolf, "W-who are y-you?" She winced when she sat up and her wound split open more bleeding freely.
The wolf stepped forward and looked down at her, "I'm Akane.....why are you here young brown wolf? And what is your name?"
Kagome just looked at the wolf in awe. "I'm Kagome. My mommy Tadaseishin told me to run until I found you....a wolf as black as the night sky. We were attacked and my parents are dead....." she sniffled slightly at this. "My mommy said I had a destiny but I don't remember what it is."
Akane nodded "Then you can stay with me as long as needed" she then picked the pup up and started walking deeper into the woods, Until your wound heals a bit I'll carry you....
Kagome whimpered slightly as she watched the Earth below her fly by faster and faster when Akane went from a walk, to a trot, then to a gentle lope. She rocked gently in the wolfs powerful jaws which acted as a lullaby, she soon fell into a peaceful sleep.
Akane smiled to herself and continued on for hours. Running through feilds, over gentle hills, and through slow shallow streams. The sun started to set behind her that's when she stopped and dropped Kagome. Kagome woke with a start as she hit the ground and looked up at Akane once again in her pup form what happened? Akane only barked slightly and started walking away you have to learn to travel in this weather.... Kagome started panting slightly 'it's hot...' she shook it off and trotted after Akane. It was a thick night, heat lingered in the air from the day previously gone.
Kagome whimpered as she started losing sight of Akane. But she soon stood stone still in fear as she stared into the rushing waters of a river. This river was not ordinary and she could tell, it called for death. The waters were blood red and seemed to grab out at her. Kagome shook it off though, she tredded in after Akane ans started swimming. As they were both swept down river they kept swimming towards the opposite bank. After a few minutes of fighting the currents they set foot on the opposite shore. Kagome panted heavily and collasped, in the distance behind her she could hear the howls of her pack. They were crying....crying for her. She was their last chance at survival and now she was gone. Akane looked back at the panting pup, "Oh my....you're not used to the heat yet. Well we must keep moving so get used to it and press on." She loped off as Kagome staggered up and followed.
Kagome looked about running smack into Akane. She looked up at the older she-wolf and noticed she was....bowing? Her left front paw was out before her as her right one was held in the air, her head bowed and ears forward. Kagome was puzzled the mighty wolf she had met was now bowing? The pup jumped as a soft and deadly voice was shot from the shadows "BOW TO YOUR SUPERIOR PUP!!!"
Kagome looked up to meet the gaze of a black wolf male, he had a deep red blaze down and encircling his muzzle fully. He also had the same deep red on his paws and the tip of his tail which was high in the air. Akane spoke in a quiet voice, "Nyx....this is a destined brown wolf...please go easy on her."
The one called Nyx seemed to soften before Kagomes frightened eyes. He turned and walked into a clearing just in the line of trees the were behind. There was a large stone den that seemed to spring up from the green feilds before them. A large spring babbled near the center of it all. Full of wolves, They were soaking and playing to escape the days heat still trapped in their fur. Akane came up behind Kagome, "welcome home."