InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ With One Wish ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Kagome get back!” Inuyasha dove in front of her as a tentacle shot out from Naraku’s body aimed for Kagome. With her glowing arrow Kagome got a good shot disintegrating it before it had a chance to strike the air born hanyou. Inuyasha got back to his feet, Tetsusaiga gripped tightly in one hand, the other arm thrown out to keep Kagome back. Kagome watched from behind him her eyes traveling between her companions as Sango battle desperately with her brother Kohaku, and the fearful look on Miroku’s face as he dodged yet another well aimed tentacle, and Kouga just to the right battling Kagura.


“This is so horrible,” Kagome said in a low voice. Inuyasha pushed her aside, swiping at the tentacles once again. Kagome stumbled and fell to the ground as Inuyasha leapt aiming a blow with his wind scar at Naraku’s body.


“Get up and move away, or you’ll be killed,” Inuyasha shouted over his red clad shoulder. Kagome gripped her bow and reached for her quiver pulling out another arrow. She wasn’t about to run away when her friends needed her. She pulled her bowstring tight and took aim for Naraku, letting go and watching as it hit its mark, disintegrating half his body.


“Wench,” Naraku growled turning his glowing red eyes toward her. Kagome moved quickly when a tentacle shot out for her again, Inuyasha wouldn’t reach her this time as it grabbed her around her wrist. Kagome winced as it yanked her and she lost her balance and was dragged closer.


“Jerk, let go,” Kagome cried. She reached for her quiver and pulled out an arrow driving it into the fleshy appendage. Naraku paid no mind and hauled her into the air.


“Damn it, let her go,” Inuyasha yelled. He was knocked back when he tried to reach her, and then pinned to the ground. He was exhausted, Kagome knew, everyone was. This battle had been raging for nearly a day, it was only time before something bad happened.


“You should have stayed back like your dog said,” Naraku chuckled darkly. Kagome looked at him fiercely as she wrestled with the tentacle to release her wrist.

“I’m not going to abandon my friends, we’re all here together to defeat you,” Kagome yelled. Naraku laughed again, and dragged Kagome toward him, so they were face to face.


“You can not defeat me, I have all the jewel shards in my power,” He said. For the longest time it seemed Kagome was suspended there, her eyes searching Naraku’s. She could hear the shouts from Inuyasha as he wrestled to reach her, and she could even hear Miroku shouting as well in the same fearful tone. She knew though that they couldn’t reach her.


“You don’t, not yet,” Kagome said. She knew that even now with Naraku holding every jewel, including Kouga’s and the one still throbbing in Kohakus’s back, tucked away in her skirt pocket was one of last pure fragments, and as long as she had it, there was a small hope. Kagome reached forward and gripped Naraku’s neck with her free hand, a deep heat surging through her fingers.


Naraku let out a wicked scream; his grip on Kagome’s wrist slackened and Kagome gripped his neck with both hands her feet supported by the tentacles surrounding them. She willed her spiritual powers to surge through her hands. It was a peculiar sensation, as his body began to disintegrate around her hands. Kagome knew that the large fragment of the jewel in his body was being purified along with his body. She didn’t let her grip go, his neck still solid under her grip, where underneath the skin Kagome could sense the scared jewel.


The shouts from her friends were simultaneous, as Kagome felt a painful jab as something pushed through the back of her shoulder, and pain exploded nearly causing her to let go.


“I will not let you live,” Kagome gasped, gritting her teeth against the pain. Naraku let a smirk slide across his pale lips.


“And I shall not let you live either,” He said with a shuddering breath, and his eyes widened as the flesh and muscle of his neck beneath Kagome’s hands suddenly began to dissolve and the heart beat that pulsed beneath her fingers stopped as she wrapped her fingers over the jewel. Naraku was defeated, and Kagome held the sacred jewel to her chest as she fell back, his body that had supported her now gone.

Kagome hit the ground with a shocking force and the breath left her lungs in a rush, for a second or more she thought she would not catch it again. The gasp of Inuyasha, and the shout of her name let her know he was near and she took a deep breath but she couldn’t muster the strength to respond to his call.


“Kagome, you did it,” Inuyasha whispered to her. Kagome was smiling when his warmth enveloped her gently, but she didn’t let go of the jewel, as she felt herself drifting off, losing grip of consciousness.











< br>













< br>