InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ With One Wish ❯ Chapter 9

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

His vision was a blur when he first opened his eyes, and for a long moment he stared up at the stretch of ceiling above him. Inuyasha grunted and blinked a couple times finally being able to make out the solid lines of the rafters across the ceiling.


“What happened?” He sat up and scratched at his head. His eyes widened as he looked about the setting, his hand sliding across his head. Inuyasha eyes widened as he swept his hand across his head again.


“What the hell?” He yelled. He jumped up from where he lay and found he wasn’t in the woods any longer, he was in a room. A room strangely like in Kagome’s time, Inuyasha shuffled over to the door where there was a long stretch of mirror.


For a long time he just stood there staring, not even recognizing himself. Not only were his dog-ears gone, but his hair was shoulder length and black and his eyes a deep amber flecked with brown. He was human, all human and he wasn’t even wearing his fire rat kimono, but instead a pair of black pants.


“What the hell is going on?” He said. He glanced around the room, and found it was furnished with a desk, a bed, and a small closet that had clothes spilling out of it. Inuyasha approached the clothes and quickly shuffled through them. He found a bright red t-shirt and pulled it on. He was looking at his hands morning the loss of his claws, when he noticed the small round scar on his left palm.


“I don’t remember this,” He said, studying it. Something clicked in his mind and he remembered the bright light and Kagome’s frightened face as the jewel had glowed brighter between their hands.


“We both made a wish…” His clenched his left hand and took a steady breath.


‘So who’s wish came true, and why am I here?’ He didn’t get an answer to his question though; because his thoughts were interrupted as his door swung open and standing there was a young man with short bleached blonde hair and dark amber eyes, that flashed with menace.

“Finally up I see. You’re already an hour late,” He said. Inuyasha raised an eyebrow, this man looked familiar.


“Late for what?” He asked.


“School you idiot,” The man replied coolly. Inuyasha’s eyes widened as recognition hit him.


“Sesshomaru, what the hell?” He shouted, his teeth grinding.


“Don’t yell so loud little brother, you can either get to school now or not go and head to the shop early to help Dad,” Sesshomaru told him. Inuyasha lost his steam as he was completely mystified by what his brother said.


“Dad, store? What is going on?” He said more to himself. Sesshomaru looked at him, and then let out a small sigh.


“I’m guessing you’re having a small mental break down. I’m going to work, so you’re on your own”


“Wait, where’s this store? I’ll go there,” Inuyasha demanded. His brother just stared at him for a good minute before he answered.


“It’s across the street”


“Across the street?” Inuyasha asked. Sesshomaru nodded and then he left with a roll of his eyes. Inuyasha pivoted on his feet, looking around his room until he saw a window. He rushed toward it and flung it open, staring across the street.


“Izayoi’s Bakery and Tea Shop,” He read on the sign. “My dad bakes bread and serves tea?” Inuyasha let out a disappointed sigh and then pulled back inside his room. He looked around the room again and then headed to the closet looking for some other pair of pants to wear. He found a long sleeved shirt that had the teashop’s name above its pocket and pulled it on. He tripped across his room, stumbling on odd and ends, before he made it out of his door. There was a landing that looked over a kitchen, and stairs that Inuyasha glided down. At the bottom he glanced into the kitchen then into the doorway beside the stairs. There was a living room through that and what appeared to be the front door, with shoes beside it. Inuyasha headed to the door, he glanced at the shoes and then sighed as he picked out a pair of slip-on sandals. Kagome had always bugged him to where shoes when he went out in her era, and since he seemed part of this era now, it only seemed right he should follow the tradition.


‘So I’m in Kagome’s era. Maybe this was her wish,’ Inuyasha thought as he started around his house, then across the street. The smell of baking bread wafted toward him before he even opened the door of the shop, and he smiled slightly, his stomach rumbling.




Inuyasha stepped inside the shop and was instantly caught off guard by the bag of flour that whacked him in the side. He stumbled slightly and caught himself on a chair before he fell.


“Why aren’t you on your way to school?” Inuyasha looked up at the man holding the bag of flour over his shoulder, a deep-set frown on his tan face.


“Why the hell did you hit me with that?” Inuyasha shouted back. The man chuckled his face changing from anger to cheer in a matter of seconds.


“How else am I going to knock some sense into my delinquent of a son?” The man laughed. Inuyasha raised an eyebrow, before he looked the man over. He was tall, a head or so over Inuyasha and well built, probably from carrying bags of flour. His hair was the same dark as his own and his eyes were a dark brown that shone with life.


“So, you’re my father?” He said, more to himself. The man chuckled again, a deep throaty chuckle that seemed to rumbled up from his chest.


“I hope I didn’t scramble your brain when I hit you,” His father chuckled.


“That pathetic excuse for a hit, I don’t think so,” Inuyasha retorted.


“Now let’s not forget you nearly toppled over. So let’s have an answer to my question,” His father said.


“What question?”


“Don’t get smart, why aren’t you on your way to school?” His father asked again. Inuyasha shrugged and looked around the shop, which at the moment was empty.


“Sesshomaru gave me a choice between here and school,” He replied. It was weird how he easily fell into this role, of delinquent son to the baker. Inuyasha had a strong feeling like he had done this before, many times.


“Your brother doesn’t have any authority. Now get home and get ready for school, I guess I’ll have to drop you off again,” His father sighed. He walked away and disappeared through some swinging doors behind a counter where there were rows of fresh bread, sitting steaming on shelves.


Inuyasha went home like he was told and back to his room. He started around his room, looking for something to wear that didn’t have an already been worn smell. In his closet pushed to the side, the only thing hanging up was school uniform like he had seen the boys around Kagome’s school wear.


“Maybe I go to Kagome’s school,” Inuyasha said with a smile.


‘I hope, then maybe I can find out what happened’