InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Wounds of the Past ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


I don't own Inuyasha or any part of him or Sesshy. But I do have connections........







Wounds of the Past



It was early in the evening at the Higurashi Shrine, and all seemed peaceful. The residents knew better. Souta sighed deeply as he heard hushed sobbing inside his sister's room. He hated seeing Kagome this way. It had been two years since she had gone down the well, two years to the day. Ever since then, Souta heard Kagome sobbing inside her room almost every night. She didn't eat nearly as much as she used to, and she was much thinner. Inuyasha hadn't come for her.

On the other side of the door, Kagome buried her face against the soaking pillow. 'It's been two years.' she thought miserably. 'He hasn't come for me. But why would he anyway? The look on his face was so full of hate.....I'm sure he's forgotten all about me.' Kagome began to sob harder at the horrible thought.

FLASHBACK

Kagome tossed her giant yellow backpack over the side of the well, hoisting herself over. She hadn't been to the other side for a while, and she was looking forward to seeing Inuyasha.

Suddenly, she saw a blur of red heading in her direction, and fast. "Inuyasha!" she called, waving to the growing spot of red. "Inu-" she was cut off by being roughly shoved to the ground.
"Inuyasha?" she cried in bewilderment. Inuyasha smirked menacingly at her, the very same look he used to give Naraku before he died.
"Did you think I actually needed you here?" he laughed. "Your job is done, get out of my sight, you stupid wench." Tears of hurt sprang to her eyes. "Doesn't all we've been through together mean anything to you?" she gasped.

He snatched the jewel shards from around her neck roughly. "I'll take this as a parting gift." he said coldly.The next moments were a blur as she was shoved roughly down the well.

END FLASHBACK

'After all that....I still love him.' she thought miserably. Kagome rested her head on the pillow lightly. Ever since that day, her worls seemed to fall apart. The words of her former friends still played themselves over in her mind.

"Did you see Kagome yesterday? It's like she's suicidal or something."

"I heard she is. Look at those scars up and down her arms."

"She's gotten so weird, won't talk to anyone. She's hopeless."

Kagome turned over and sighed, a few tears escaping her again. She wished dearly to go back to the Feudal Era to see Miroku, Sango, and Shippo, but most of all, Inuyasha. 'What did I do?' she asked herself as she felt herself drift off to sleep.


Inuyasha's POV

On the other side of the well, and equally miserable hanyou sat in a tree, watching the light rain fall on the dark green grass. He missed her too much, the feelings of loneliness were greater than he could endure.

Sango, Miroku, Shippo, and Kaede were there for him, of course, but it just wasn't the same. He wanted Kagome to come back more than anything, and if the Sacred Jewel were complete, he would have wished her back long ago. But a shapeshifting demon had taken them and scattered them once again, and he was left with only nine or ten.

He remembered the day Kagome left. He was so angry at the demon who had disguised itself at him, he hadn't hesitated to hunt him down and kill him.

FLASHBACK


Inuyasha raced to the well, Shikon shards gripped tightly in his hand. He was happier than he'd ever been. Naraku was defeated and the jewel shards were found. Kagome had half of the shards, and he had the other half. He had it all planned out.

First, he'd pull her into a tight hug and give her the rest of the jewel shards. Then, they would merge together and become a whole jewel. Then, he'd tell her to make a wish and she'd wish something beneficial for everyone.

That was just the way she was. Once the wish had been made and the jewel purified, he kiss Kagome and tell her he loved her, and they'd live happily ever after, as stories in her time often ended.

But that bastard shapeshifting demon had to ruing everything.

Inuyasha had arrived when he saw a perfect copy of himself with Kagome. The boy in red looked exactly like Inuyasha, down to the last fur on the ears.

He saw the demon shove his poor Kagome down the well, her jewel shards in his hand. "NO, KAGOME!!" he yelled diving after her. "You bastard!" he screamed, grabbing the identical demon's shirt. The demon smirked just as Inuyasha was going to kill him with his claws. It changed shape into a large bat and flew away, faster than he could move. Inuyasha felt something wet running down his arm. It was blood. Apparently the demon had clawed many of his own jewel shards out of his hand.

Inuyasha ran to the side of the well and jumped in to retrieve Kagome. The well wouldn't work. Inuyasha growled in desparation. He felt tears trickle down his cheeks. Kagome was gone.

END FLASHBACK


Inuyasha took the dark purple rosary in his hands. It was the only think left to remind him of Kagome. He bowed his head, covering his face in his bangs. Kagome wasn't coming back, and he'd have to accept that.


Kagome's POV


Kagome woke with a start in the middle of the night. A farmiliar tingling sensation awoke her, one she hadn't felt in two years. 'Could it be...?' she thought desparately. 'It's very faint, but....I think I sense a jewel shard!' leaping out of bed, Kagome practically flew to the window.

Kagome's heart skipped a beat. The wellhouse was glowing blue. A tear escaped her eye as she ran outside and into the well house. Her face lit up in joy as she saw the farmiliar blue pull of time. Kagome wasted no time jumping into the well.

She didn't hit the bottom.

Kagome touched down gently on the dirt ground of the ancient well. She scrambled up the slightly deteriorating vine into the cool night air of the Feudal Era. 'I'm acturally here!' she thought with the most joy she'd felt in two years.

Back in the village, Inuyasha pulled himself from his silence when a farmiliar scent hit his nose. "Kagome...." he whispered. 'I have to go over there.' he thought. 'It's just not another dream. Her scent is real.'

Inuyasha ran as fast as his body could carry him (which was pretty damn fast) to the ancient well. As he approached, two new scents reached his nose. One of a lizard demon, and the other of blood. "Kagome!" he yelled. Sure enough, it was Kagome trying to get away from a lizard demon who'd cut her arm. Instimctively she called for Inuyasha.

"Silence, wench! You'll soon be dead!" the lizard hissed, knocking Kagome out.

"Oh no you won't!!" he yelled, slicing the demon in half. The demon dissolved into little bits of light.

Inuyasha sheathed Tetsusaiga and turned to Kagome. She lay unconcsious, pale, and bleeding feebly, but she was here! He gathered her up into his arms and held her tightly. ' I lost you once, I'm never letting you go again.' he silently promised her.

He took her forearm in his hand and licked up the blood from her wound. Her arms seemed thinner than he remembered. And paler. In fact, all of her seemed thin and pale, as if she hadn't been eating well and hair was much longer.

He kissed her forehead and leaned back against the well. Two more tears trickled down his face and landed on her skin.

He felt small hands fist themselves in his haori. Inuyasha looked down at Kagome's face, as tears ran down her cheeks. "Inuyasha..." she whispered.







A/N: Whew! I've been working on that all day! Well, it was in my head, and I kind of put it off until two hours ago. Now its like 12:30 at night. Well, I'll try to update it soon, but the whole thing will only be about 4-5 chapters long. Review please!