InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Wounds of the Past ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I don't own anything. Not even what I own.



Recap
Inuyasha sheathed Tetsusaiga and turned to Kagome. She lay unconcsious, pale, and bleeding feebly, but she was here! He gathered her up into his arms and held her tightly. ' I lost you once, I'm never letting you go again.' he silently promised her.He took her forearm in his hand and licked up the blood from her wound. Her arms seemed thinner than he remembered. And paler. In fact, all of her seemed thin and pale, as if she hadn't been eating well and hair was much longer.He kissed her forehead and leaned back against the well. Two more tears trickled down his face and landed on her skin.He felt small hands fist themselves in his haori. Inuyasha looked down at Kagome's face, as tears ran down her cheeks. "Inuyasha..." she whispered.
End Recap


Inuyasha looked down at Kagome. "K-Kagome..."he whispered, crushing her against his chest. "Don't talk. Just....don't say anything, okay?" She blinked. He didn't want to talk?!?! She'd been pushed, BY HIM no less, down the well against her will and was back for the first time in THREE whole damn years and he didn't want to talk?!

She narrowed her eyes. "And just why the hell not?! You thought you could be all sweet and caring, pretending to give a shit when you pushed me down the gods forsaken well, sealing it for all fucking eternity and you DON'T WANT TO TALK! What in Kami-sama's name is the matter with you, anyway!!?" she ranted. Inuyasha didn't do anything to stop her. "Will you let me explain first without your head exploding or something?!" he snapped when she was finished yelling at him.

"Inuyasha, I'm sorry, but I don't thing there's one damn thing in this world that would make me listen to you right now. " she said angrily. Inuyasha's eyes widened.
She was so....cold to him. Did she really think that demon was him? He'd never given her any reason not to think he'd turn on her and send her home without so much as a kind word.

Kagome's eyes fixed on the dark purple beads around his neck. Smiling bitterly, she reached over and lifted them over his head. Inuyasha stared. The spell was broken.

"K-Kagome, why..." "Because. If I'm not going to stay then there's no reason you should have anything that reminds you of me, is there? After all, you do hate me, how could you not? I'm annoying, good for nothing, pesky, and that little incident at the well shattered all of my hopes of you ever feeling-"

Kagome's words were cut off by Inuyasha kissing her firmly. The thought ran through her mind to slap him, but faded away as his arms wrapped around her waist. Tears formed in her eyes.

"Inuyasha...." she whispered when they separated. "Why? Why did you do that to me? Why did you make me leave?" Inuyasha looked into her eyes. "Because." he whispered back. "That wasn't me."
Kagome opened her mouth to argue, but he pressed a finger to her lips before she could say anything. "I'll explain, but first we need to get you bandaged at Kaede's." he told her. Kagome smiled at the prospect of seeing all of her friends again.

Inuyasha noticed her smile and couldn't resist smiling himself. "Inuyasha." Kagome's voice pulled him out of his thoughts. "What happened to the Jewel?" she asked. A pained and frustrated look came over his features. "I'll tell you at Kaede's." he said. "I think I smell rain and that cut's going to get infected if you don't let her look at it." he told her. Kagome nodded and climbed onto his back, like she used to. Inuyasha almost did a happy dance, but that just wasn't going to happen.

He took off toward the village, his hands gripping Kagome's legs tightly as he ran. He smelled the smoke from her house, and promptly set her down in front of the house.

"Hey old woman!" Inuyasha shouted. "Look who's here!"

They heard several pots falling down and grumbling, and soon the farmiliar old priestess appeared on the threshold. "Inuyasha, to what do I owe your prescense at such an unreasonable hour?" she asked. "And who is the young lady you have there?" Kaede blinked. "Ka...gome?" she asked slowly. "Is that truly Kagome?" Kagome nodded. "It's me, Kaede." she whispered.

After a brief hug between the two priestesses, Kagome spoke up. "I'e got to see the others!" she laughed. Kaede smiled. "Aye child. Sango and Miroku now live three houses down. Shippo lives with them. You can-" Kaede was cut off as Kagome darted to the house Kaede mentioned.

The house was a bit larger than Kaede's, and it looked as if it had three separate rooms. Kagome knocked on the wall next to the bamboo mat covering the entrance.
Muttered curses in the house from someone who sounded female could be heard, as well as scampering of claws across the floor. The bamboo mat was raised, and there stood a young redheaded boy about nine years old, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. "May I help...." he started. Kagome smiled. "Shippo?" she asked. "Kagome!" he squealed. "Kagome! Is that really you!!?"

Kagome laughed as the child launched himself into her arms. "It's me, Shippo." Tears streamed down Kagome and Shippo's faces as they embraced. "I missed you soooo much!" Shippo wailed. Kagome hugged the little kitsune tighter.

"Excuse me," she heard a voice behind her. "But why are you-" Kagome turned around and saw a young woman with messy brown hair wearing a loose white kimono.

"Sango?" asked Kagome softly. Her eyes widened. Was this really Kagome standing here? "Kagome?" asked Sango. "Kagome!" she cried, pulling her friend into a bone-crushing hug. Sango sobbed quietly. "Kagome, we missed you so much! Don't ever leave again!"

Kagome waited for her friend to get over her fit of hysterics. "Sango, I can't tell you how much I've missed you all." she said with tears in her eyes. Sango leaned inside the house. "MIROKU!!!" she screamed. "Miroku, GET OUT HERE!!!" Not long after, a sleepy-looking Miroku ran outside. "Kagome's come back!" cried Sango. Miroku didn't seem to be asleep anymore. After another hug that ended regretfully in *SLAP* "YOU PERVERT! YOU NEVER CHANGE!" Sango invited her in.

"Wait, should we wait for Inuyasha?" asked Kagome. "That moron was just going to explain why he pushed me down the well." she growled.

"Hey, wench! Who were you calling a moron?" snapped a voice from the doorway. Kagome turned to the door.

"You. Now quit insulting me and get to explaining why you didn't want to see me anymore." Kagome retorted. She didn't fail to notice the sad looks everyone was giving her.

Inuyasha's ears drooped and he stared at his hands. "I didn't push you down the well, Kagome." he said quietly, looking up at her with imploring golden eyes.
Kagome was unfazed, and angry.

"Why am I supposed to believe that?! You hurt me, Inuyasha. You hurt me deeply." Kagome turned away from him. She felt a hand on her shoulder. "Kagome, as much as you are angry at Inuyasha, please listen to me." pleaded Sango. Kagome nodded. "I agree with Inuyasha. He wasn't the one who did this." with a gasp, Kagome looked at Inuyasha sadly. "It really wasn't, Kagome!" chirped Shippo. "It didn't even smell like him!" Kagome stared at her feet. "Who did then?" she asked, looking at Sango.

"It was a shape-shifting bat." Inuyasha spoke up.

"In his hurry to get the jewel, he broke it, most of it." he told her, pulling out the remainder of the jewel. "The shards were easy to find and obvious to see, so we didn't have any trouble. But you need to help us get the rest. Please, Kagome, even if you hate me." he told her. She didn't fail to notice the single tear run down his cheek.

Kagome felt awful. She'd yelled at him, blamed him for something he was probably feeling worse about than she was. Kagome hugged him feircely. "I don't hate you, Inuyasha." she whispered into his chest. "I could never, ever hate you. Hell, if you killed me, I couldn't hate you. I just hope you're not mad at me for blaming you."

After recovering from the initial shock of her hugging him, Inuyasha hugged her back with just as much strength. "Well, I'm tired, what about you, Sango?" said Miroku. Sango followed him out of the room and dragged Shippo with them.

Inuyasha buried his face in Kagome's hair. "I'm not mad." he whispered. "I haven't been exactly faithful to you, have I?" Kagome smiled. "I love you, Inuyasha." she said. Inuyasha blinked. Whoa, what did she just say?! Kagome told him she loved him! Inuyasha didn't know what to do! Of course he loved her back, but...how did one use words to communicate again!?! Inuyasha found speech temporarily impossible.

"Its okay if you don't love me." she said sadly. "I always knew you didn't."

With a sigh, she attempted to get up. Inuyasha stopped her. "I never said I didn't, Kagome." he said softly. "Because I do. I love you, Kagome." he whispered.

Kagome leaned up and kissed him. Inuyasha sighed into the kiss. It seemed, to him, that everything was right again.




A/N: Well, thanks for the SINGLE review. I'm not being sarcastic. Seriously, I know I'm not that good. Sorry this chapter sucked by the way. I was kind of being rushed. But I have exams and I'm EXTREMELY pissed right now. Well, I won't ramble. Hope it didn't suck ass too much!