InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ You Are Not Alone ❯ Midorikon High ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter I ~ Midorikon High

Hi, everyone! Your ordinary MM writer, silverfeather here! Welcome to my new InuFic, You Are Not Alone. I promise, this'll be a real great story! I am not requesting you all leave reviews, just enjoy it, and explore it to your heart's content. Though...*cough* a review doesn't sound bad every...*cough* once in a while...*cough cough*
*Knock Knock*
*silverfeather walks to door and sees InuYasha*
"You don't own me, silverfeather. Rumiko Takahashi does."
"Quit reminding me, would ya!? It hurts too much..."

____________________________________________________



Apprehension quelled Kagome's nerves as she stood outside the front doors of Midorikon High, her new school, along with her older brother Miroku, who was now a senior. The two looked back at their mother, who just dropped them off, waving at her children and blowing them a kiss before she drove away.

Desperately gripping onto her brother's hand with one of her own, with the other, she slowly pushed open the doors to reveal a whole new world of which she felt both ready and not ready to enter. Miroku obviously was aware of her tension, letting go of her hand and resting it on her head, saying, "Don't worry, Kagome; I know you'll do great here. After all, you are one of the smartest, nicest, and prettiest girls I've ever known. And I'm not just saying that because your my sister."

The girl looked up at her brother, soothed by his words, and grateful that he was the only one in the school now that she actually knew. Except...that was kind of the problem.

"What if no one I meet likes me? What if I never make any friends...?" Her head began to hang as she saw all kinds of kids and teachers walking through the hall. Miroku sighed and slightly shook her head with his palm, saying, "Like I said, don't worry; you'll find a friend. I know it."

"You said the same thing when I started intermediate school. And I still don't have anyone."

"Yeah, well..." he stammered. "It may be different this time."

"Sure it will." Kagome scoffed sarcastically.

"Well, just try and trust me this time." he answered. Kagome raised an eyebrow at him.

"You sure? Last time I trusted you, we both showed up at our front door with policeman at our sides because you were doing 'inappropriate' things with the girl who was sitting next to you in the theater when we went to the movies, and made me tell Mom that you were actually trying to 'find her bag for her'."

"Uhh, erm...." Miroku stammered again. Kagome sighed. She then turned her attention back to all of the kids, wondering if any one of them would have any time for her. "Let's just go, Miroku." she said, distress pulling at her voice.

The boy guided her through the halls and giant rooms, showing her where everything is. Taking a side glance at her schedule, he led her to her first classroom, giving her a quick hug and a kiss on the forehead, saying, "Knock 'em dead, sis." And he left.

Gripping the necklace she wore around her neck, Kagome took a deep breath as she walked into her class, praying desperately to the gods for her to make a friend.



___________________________________________________

Inuyasha sighed dissapointedly, with his hands resting on the back of his head as he walked through the hallways to his first class: World History. He hated history. And one of the greatest reasons was that his older brother, Sesshomaru, was teaching it. And speaking of his older brother...

"Inuyasha. You're late." said a tall, beautiful man with long silver hair that ran down his back like a river of liquid moonlight. He wore a blue long-sleeved collared shirt that was tucked in tight in his long black pants, with matching shoes that shined in the hallway lights. His hands were tucked in his pockets as he gazed carelessly at his younger sibling.

"Yeah yeah..." Inuyasha said, even more careless. Sesshomaru began to glare down at him. "Do not speak to me that way, Inuyasha. At home, I'm your brother. But here, I am your teacher. And you will treat me with respect." he said sternly, but not threateningly. "Is that clear?"

Inuyasha mumbled something unaudible to himself. "What was that?" Sesshomaru asked.

"Yes sir." he said quietly, but with an annoyed tone, as he followed him into the classroom. He cursed him to himself, and felt lucky that he didn't hear him. He sat down and laid his head down on his desk as he saw one kid shut the door, and Sesshomaru introduced himself and the class to the new year. While everyone got out their books, Inuyasha fell asleep, bored out of his mind from the thought of having to endure another dull school year, especially with his brother here.

Sesshomaru saw him fall asleep, and would have scolded him, but held back. He, instead, shook his head with disappointment.

'He's fifteen years old and is still in the 9th grade. You'd think he'd learn a thing or two after being held back. I still can't believe Father made me take this job in order to help him focus; the most focused he can get is when he asks for extensions on his assignments, because having to complete them just 'slipped his mind.' Oh, boy. Getting this kid to concentrate is going to be the toughest job yet.'

_____________________________________________________

Well, whatcha think!? Kagome Higurashi and Inuyasha Hamagichi, two freshman kids are not exactly up to having to go to high school, but who says things can't get better? Just wait and find out!