InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ You Are Not Alone ❯ Not The Best First Day ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter II ~ Not The Best First Day

*Disclaimer* I do not own any rights of Inuyasha. All rights well...rightfully belong to the series's creator, Rumiko Takahashi-san.

___________________________________

Kagome was the last to leave her class as she walked out with her head hanging sadly.

*FlashbackMode*

"Alright, all, welcome to your first day at Midorikon High School." said the earth science teacher, Mr. Taraitsu. "We will begin by introducing ourselves. I will start. My name is Mr. Taraitsu Keisuke. I like horror movies and playing golf. Now, for you guys." He looked around the room. "Hmm...Oh! How about you, young lady?" he asked, pointing at Kagome, who was sitting at the back row next to the window. She appeared startled. "Who...me!?"

"Yes, you. Tell us all your name, and something about yourself." he said, smiling. Kagome gulped, terrified, but tried to shake it off, thinking that this may be her first step to making friends. She stood from her seat and cleared her throat.

"H-Hello. My name is Higurashi Kagome. I like reading manga, watching cartoons, playing piano, and listening to J-Pop." she said, trying to put on the biggest smile she could.

But her smile began to fall downwards as she heard all of the snickers and chuckles among her classmates.

"Alright then. It's nice to meet you, Miss Higurashi." Mr. Taraitsu said. Kagome bowed her head, but kept it hung as she slowly slid back into her seat.

"What a weirdo."

"Reading manga? She sounds like a boy or something."

"She may look cute, but she sounds like a total dunce."

"Watching cartoons? She must be a big baby."

"You kidding? Playing piano must mean she's a wimp."

"I'll say."

"Definitely."

"What's a kid like her even doing here, anyway? She should be back in kindergarten where she belongs."

The kids began to laugh mockingly at her, snickers and bad remarks filling the room. "Alright, that's enough." Mr. Taraitsu said, trying to quiet everyone down. Kagome put her head down, trying her best to hide her humiliation through her black bangs, as well as the tears that threatened to flood her eyes.

*EndFlashbackMode*

Kagome kept her head hung low, not bothering to lift her chin as she didn't want to experience any more embarrassment. She walked down the hallway, watching her feet, her eyes shadowed in sorrow, gripping the gem around her neck.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Inuyasha's eyelids cracked open as he heard the bell ring. He rubbed his sleepy eyes as he gathered his things and began to leave the classroom, heading to the next room where he would have another nap.

"Inuyasha."

The boy groaned as he turned around, facing his brother. "Yes, sir?"

"You don't have to talk to me like that right now. No one's here." he said.

'Geez, make up your mind, will ya!?' the boy thought to himself. "What is it, Sesshomaru?"

"Why were you asleep during the whole class?" he asked.

"'Cause I was tired. Why else?" Inuyasha answered. Sesshomaru gave a very silent sigh.

"Inuyasha. I took this job because both I and Father know you need to concentrate more on your studies. You were already held back once. If it happens again, it won't be pretty."

The boy scoffed, not really caring. Sesshomaru was really beginning to get impatient, but held back slightly. The boy actually used to be a pretty good student, but until recently, he absolutely refused to do his work. Of course, Sesshomaru knew the reason Inuyasha wasn't concentrating. Though he just couldn't say it to his face.

"Inuyasha, you have just earned yourself a detention." he said simply.

"What!? Why?" Inuyasha blurted, shocked.

"You don't need to ask. You just told me." the man responded. The boy growled as he left the classroom, stomping like an ogre. Sesshomaru only shook his head with disappointment.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Kagome slowly and sadly searched for her older brother, hoping he would comfort her. But she felt denied the action when she saw him talking with his girlfriend, Sango Hiraikoha, a beautiful girl with long, flowing ebony hair, eyes that were a rich, chocolate brown, and delicately painted with a pink mascara. She was one of the most talented members of the Gymnastics Club. And to top it off, she was a friendly person who always had a positive attitude. Sango had been going out with Miroku since they were both freshmen. She loved Miroku very much and even loved Kagome too.

The depressed girl suddenly caught the young woman's eye. "Hi, Kagome!" she called to her, smiling. Kagome snapped out of her sadness for a second as she saw Sango waving at her. She waved back as she walked towards them.

"Hi, Sango." Kagome greeted back, trying to look happy for her and her brother.

"How have you been? I see you've started going here." Sango said.

"Oh, I've been fine." Kagome responded. "Thanks for looking after Miro. He really needs looking after..." the girl whispered, making Sango giggle.

"Hey, what's so funny?" Miroku asked, curiously looking at his girlfriend's face. Both only shook their heads. Forgetting about it, Miroku asked, "Say, Kagome. Have you made any new friends yet?"

The sadness began to flood Kagome's body again. But she shook it off. "Uh huh. Some of the kids seemed to like me." she lied. She didn't want her brother feeling bad for her. She was feeling bad enough already.

"Alright, Kags!" Miroku did his special handshake with his sister, after which, giving her a hug. Kagome felt really guilty right now. So after he withdrew she said bye and went off to her next classes. She was so close to crying now, having to experience such embarrassment and lying to her older brother, whom was always so honest and happy towards her. Not exactly the greatest first day of high school she had in mind. Then again, she partly expected this coming. Kagome needed to get to the bathroom, hoping to get rid of her tears which were so close of arising. She powerwalked through the hallway until she began to run. Her eyes still hidden by her blackish blue bangs, she snapped out of hiding the second she ran into something. A person.

She fell to the floor, dropping all of her books. She looked up to see a boy, about her age, with black hair done high up in a ponytail, and blue eyes that glared down at her. He wore a brown headband around his forehead. Apparently his books were all on the floor, as well.

"Hey, you stupid klutz! Watch where you're going, would ya!?" he yelled at her, almost growling. Kagome shrank in fear, but her arms flung all around her to pick up her books along with his own. Standing up, she handed him his things, greatly apologizing for not being careful. The boy's eye twitched as he examined her, quickly memorizing her features. She had jet-black hair that glowed a dark blue in the light, and it ran down to her back in a dark, beautiful river. Her skin was a clear, pale-peach color, and she had the perfect body. He was almost locked in place from her shining chestnut eyes, which were pleading him for forgiveness.

Kagome immediately left, heading for her next class, in the meantime berating herself for being so stupid. The boy's eyes had not wavered from her until she was out of sight.

____________________________________