InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ You Are Not Alone ❯ Evil, Thy Name Is Kikyo ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter IV ~ Evil, Thy Name Is Kikyo

*Disclaimer* I do not own any Inuyasha rights. And I mean the title chapter by the way. Kikyo's evil. Just wanted to say that. Amen. Alright, on with the chapter!

____________________________________________

O ut of a strange interest and curiosity, Kagome decided to take up archery. After her first few lessons, she proved to be exceptionally good at it. In a short matter of time, she never wavered far from her target. No matter how much her arm got tired, or her shoulder ached, she just never seemed to want to stop. Because of the many compliments recieved by her teacher, Kagome's confidence started to build as a hidden strength began to arise inside her that she never knew existed. Kagome eventually came to the conclusion that building a strong spirit in something she found to be good at was the true first step to making friends.

The girl became so attentive to the sport, her mother decided to buy Kagome her own bow and arrow, with her name carved into the bow. Also, with Miroku's help, she made a practice target from an old tree stump. Kagome loved it all so much; her family was so happy to see her taking such joy in something.

Kagome decided to take her bow to her lessons the next day. While practicing, a person from behind seemed to be watching her.

"Wow. You seem pretty good." The person said. Kagome turned around to see a beautiful girl with shiny raven-black hair, pulled back in white ribbons. (This is just an exaggeration. Seriously. I think the Wicked Witch From The West is prettier than Kikyo.)

"T-Thanks." Kagome stuttered, taking the girl by surprise. She moved over to the rack for a bow and arrow from the table, and walked up next to the girl. She armed herself as she aimed. In one quick shot, the target a few feet away from her was struck directly in the heart with an arrow. Kagome marveled at her talent.

"W-Wow! That was amazing! You must have had a lot of training!" the awestruck girl commented.

"Thanks." she responded. "And you're right; I have been learning archery since I was little. My name's Kikyo. Ikijigoku Kikyo." Kagome bowed her head.

"It's nice to meet you. I'm Kagome. Higurashi Kagome."

Kikyo's eye twitched. "Kagome, you say? I've heard of you." The girl was dumbfounded. "R-Really?"

"Yeah. A lot of the kids in school seem to like to talk about you. They say you're a really strange one." Kagome hung her head slightly in remembrance and disappointment.

"Well...yeah." she answered sadly. Though she suddenly said, "But I'm not really weird when you get to know me! Well, I might still be to some people, but you get it! I still do a lot of things others like to do, too! Like archery. I like it very much, and I'm good at it, too! If people could see that, then maybe..." Kagome trailed off, a desperate but hopeful shine in her eyes.

Kikyo looked at her with a merciful, practically pitiful understanding. "So, the kids were right." she said, almost in a whisper. Kagome's eyes were suddenly shaded with disbelief.

"Look, kid. I understand that you wanna show everyone how great you are--oh, excuse me-how great you want to be, so you could make some friends. But let me tell you one thing. People don't just look for talent in others. They look for character. And that's something that I'm sorry to say; you don't really have much of."

Kagome stared at her, stung deeply by her bitter words.

"Sorry. But there always has to be a balance in the world. There are those who are strong, and those who are weak. Those who are weak sometimes try to take the easy way into strength by taking something they're good at and trying to show it off. Unfortunately, that only shows how the more weak they are. Just by trying. The wisest of the weak ones know that the only logical way to live on is to just accept who they are. I'm sorry, Kagome, but it is the unwise path that you are taking."

Kikyo put up the bow as she began to leave. The last thing she said was:

"Live with what your worth. It won't be too hard; you're probably not worth much anyway."

Kagome just stared into the direction in which she left for what seemed to be an eternity, distress pooling in her chestnut orbs. She let her bow fall to the ground. Her legs suddenly gave in as she fell to her knees.

'No...No, that can't be true. I'm not weak. I know I'm not weak. Right?' Her eyes suddenly fell towards the grass.

'I...I have character. I know I do! If I just keep trying, then maybe one day, others will...' Kagome's fingers began to dig deep into the earth as two tears suddenly sprang from her eyes and landed on her knees. A sob escaped her throat as more tears followed in seperate branches. Quietly, she wailed to the ground, as she felt bitterly alone, drowning in her sorrow.

____________________________________________

I nuyasha was mumbling to himself as he kept his nose stuck in his mathbook, trying to figure it all out as he sat on the roof. Since he couldn't find any one to tutor him, he thought he'd try finding everything out himself. But having to understand the math equations he was required to do was like trying to read Gibberish sentences backwards. He couldn't get one single thing. He began to growl impatiently.

"What is the sum of eight-hundred fifty three when subtracted seventy-nine, then multiplied by the square root of twenty-two...!!!" The boy just couldn't take it anymore.

"Aaarrgh! Stupid math! Why do I even have to learn all this junk anyway!?" he yelled out loud, relishing in his anger. He was just about to throw the book away when he heard faint sobs coming from somewhere nearby. Curious, he left the roof to find the source of the silent wails.

__________________________________________

Thi s really wasn't a hard chapter to write, since I can list all kinds of details explaining the kind of evil devil I think Kikyo is. Oh, but I made this little gag: The last name that I chose for Kikyo, "Ikijigoku," actually, in Japanese, means "living hell." And trust me, whenever I even see this girl, that is the only thing that comes to mind. Fits like a glove, huh? Well, okay! Thank you, and look forward to the next chapter!