InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ You Are Not Alone ❯ Miroku's Biggest Mistake - Part One ( Chapter 19 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter XIX ~ Miroku's Biggest Mistake - Part One

*Disclaimer* I do not own any characters of Inuyasha; end of story. Title's pretty self-explanatory.

- - - - - - - - - -

Shippo's things were brought to Inuyasha's house; it had been decided that he would live with them. Though Inuyasha would have protested to no end at this, he simply said, "Fine, whatever." Kagome loved the idea; she just couldn't stand to be away from Shippo; she adored him so much. He was also enrolled at Kitsunenote Kindergarten, a small children's center not too far from their house. InuTaishou, Inuyasha and Sesshomaru's father, would take him every day, since his sons had to leave earlier for school. But since Sesshomaru had to stay afterschool to finish grading schoolwork, Inuyasha was stuck with walking the little child home. Kagome would accompany him always, however, so this made it slightly easier for him. Their tutoring schedule would keep at it, anyway, but unfortunately for Inuyasha, they had to do them while watching Shippo. The boy began to complain that suddenly the whole world seemed to revolve around him now. Kagome didn't pay it any mind, though. Shippo had absolutely no problem of living in Tokyo with his relatives. He couldn't wait to start school and make some new friends.

- - - - - - - - - -

Miroku sat down on the bench of the sidewalk of the school parking lot, waiting for Sango to come from gymnastics practice. He kept glancing at his watch, becoming a bit impatient. But the another thought came to mind; he imagined her, leaping and hopping and tossing herself graciosly all around the room, her body moving in seductive motions, her brown hair whipping from side to side, sweat glistening on her flawless skin...He began to drool in ecstasy. That is, until he was snatched back to reality by a painful pinch on the back of his neck.

He jumped, wincing in pain as he turned around to see his baby sister with Inuyasha, who was looking at him with a small look of surprise.

"Wow, how'd you do that? I kept bonking him on the head, and even that didn't work," he said. Miroku thought about that until he felt an ache on the back of his skull.

"Nope, you gotta get him at his weak spot."

"Why there?"

"Now there's the mystery." she answered. Miroku embarrassingly sweat-dropped.

"What are you doing here anyway, Kags? I thought you had to go help watch Shippo?" he asked, rubbing the back of his neck where her sharp nails had punctured it.

"We got out early and figured we'd grab something to eat first," Inuyasha answered for her. Kagome walked closer to her brother and started poking him in the shoulder almost absentmindedly.

"And then we found you." she said.

"Yay for me," he said sarcastically. Straightening himself up, he told them, "If you must know what I'm doing--"

"We never asked that." they both answered together.

"If you might like to know what I'm doing," he rephrased with irritation sparking his tone. "I'm waiting for Sango to come out from practice. I've been waiting for so long, I can't stand it."

"How long have you been waiting?" Kagome asked.

Miroku glanced at his watch for a few seconds, then looked back at them. "Two, three minutes?" he answered blankly.

"Not surprised." Kagome replied.

"You're mean." Miroku said.

"You're simple." Kagome said back.

"Who said I was simple?" Miroku asked.

"Who said I was mean?" Kagome asked back.

"You just did, Kags." Miroku answered.

"So did you, Miro." Kagome answered back.

"Touche."

"Touche."

This reminds me of why I don't talk to my own brother... Inuyasha thought as he watched them go back and forth.

___________


After the two had left, Miroku sat back down on the bench, continuing his wait for his girlfriend. His mind seemed to wander into space for a few moments. His eyelids fluttered open some to catch a large exposed cleavage right in front of his nose. He just stared at it for a few moments until he realized what it was and jumped back, falling over on the bench with a sudden nosebleed.

"Miroku?"

The boy's head popped up at the voice and looked to see who it was over the toppled wooden bench.

It was Tsubaki Yaminara, another member of the Midorikon Gymnastics Club. She was wearing a thin jean top with the middle unbuttoned to show off her rather large breasts, a short matching jean skirt, and black sandals. She had long glossy black hair that fell in a waterfall of darkness down the small of her back in a high ponytail. Her dark bangs brushed against somewhat cold brown eyes which were painted with a gothic black mascara. She carried a small purple bag over her shoulder. Her lips, covered in a dark red lipstick coat, tugged across her face in a lazy grin.

"Y-Yaminara!" Miroku stuttered, trying to regain his composure, wipe the blood from his nose, and refrain from gaping at Tsubaki's breasts at the same time. "W-What are you doing?"

"I was gonna ask you the same thing," she replied, taking a minute to examine her manicured nails.

"I'm waiting for Sango. What, did you guys already finish?"

"Yeah, we're all done, but Coach had to talk to Sango about something."

"Oh..." Once he got the bench set back up, he sat back down, with Tsubaki following. He felt nervous; he knew that the longer he spent talking or even sitting next to a girl like Tsubaki or any other girl with rather...alluring features, he'd suffer a thousand blows to the gut by his girlfriend. It became harder and harder for him the second Tsubaki scooted closer to him.

"What are you doing here, Tsubaki," he asked quietly, "You want something?"

Miroku never actually liked Tsubaki. Sango hated her. She would always try to make the other girls in the club look bad by showing herself off, and seriously showing herself off. She would always make the other girls feel bad whenever she said that she had a more developed body than the others. She and Sango were major rivals; the best in the club. They would always get so competitive with each other. Though recently, Tsubaki had been trying to think of new ways to get under her skin. And apparently, judging by the situation, she had just found her next target.

"Maybe I do, maybe I dont," she started, suddenly scooting even closer to him. "But it itsn't really any of your business."

IhaveagirlfriendIhaveagirlfriendIhaveagirlfriend...< /i> "If it involves me, then I'm pretty sure it's my business." he retorted back. She shrugged.

"Well, maybe it is or isn't as much business as yours as it is mine..." her eyes gleamed wickedly. "Or as much as it is Sango's."

"What the hell's your problem, Yaminara!?" Miroku yelled in her face. She may have been wearing him down (Little Mirro might be fighting right now, if you know what I mean) but he couldn't stand it whenever she would trashtalk his girlfriend. He couldn't stand it when anyone, no matter who they were, would trashtalk his girlfriend. He loved Sango. She was bright, strong, and confident in herself and anything and everything she did. There should be no reason anyone should speak against that. And anyone who did would have to deal with him first. Even if they were female (And had overly-developed bodies).

"Down, kitty," she purred, seeming to enjoy his fury. Then, for a split moment, she saw a figure at the building doors near them, motioning for the exit, and did what she had intended to do. Scooting over to him, closer than ever, she gave him a heavy peck on his cheek, leaving a dark red lipstick mark. She then picked up her bag, not looking back, and left, leaving a totally-startled-and-slightly-disgusted Miroku behind.

The boy heard a footstep, and turned around. He froze.

Sango was standing there, as motionless as he was. She was wearing long black shorts and a dark red jacket over her pink leotard, along with white and pink sneakers. She was carrying a pink bag, and looking at Miroku with a shocked, but otherwise emotionless expression.

"Sango, please, listen! This isn't what it appears, I swear! Tsubaki, she--" he stopped mid-sentence when Sango's face changed from that of a statuic state to that of an angry dog.

"You...you..." she lowered her gaze, her free hand dreadfully tightening to a hard fist.

"Oh no..." Miroku closed his eyes, waiting for her insults and the eventual punch he would get to his gut. Then, he felt a sudden rush of wind as Sango ran past him. Looking back, his eyes went wide.

"YAMINARA, YOU DAMNED WHORE!!! HOW DARE YOU COME NEAR MY BOYFRIEND!? NEXT TIME I SEE YOU, I'LL KICK YOUR ASS SO HARD IT'LL WIND UP ON THE BACK OF YOUR BIG FRIKKIN HEAD, WHERE IT SHOULD ACTUALLY BE IN YOUR BIG FRIKKIN MOUTH!!!" Sango screamed for all to hear, but not really caring, fuming.

Tsubaki only looked back for a few moments, and snapped her fingers. Sango growled menacingly as she lifted a shaking fist.

"Sango..." Miroku breathed out in surprise.

"What?" she said, her voice still venomous, but otherwise quieter. "That I actually saw what that bitch tried to do?"

"Yes, that, but that I had never known you having such a colorful vocabulary." he answered, chuckling. Soon, she was giggling with him. "You'd be surprised," she said.

"So...you don't believe that I...?"

"Of course not! Who would like that girl? She's as appealing as my ass in the morning! Don't you think so?"

Well... "So...you believe me, then?" he asked.

She gave him a somewhat dangerous grin. "If you don't wipe off that lipstick in a few seconds, I might not." she joked. Miroku chuckled, a little bit frighteningly, as he vigorously tried to remove the moist tattoo from his cheek.

"Of course I believe you," Sango continued, walking up to him, smiling at him reasurringly. "You may be a perv, but you've been so loyal, too loyal, all this time; it would be selfish of me to not forgive you."

"Ahh, I am pretty awesome, aren't I?" he said, grinning confidently.

"Didn't you hear the first few words I said?" she pointed out. He laughed, then pulled her to him in a warm hug.

"Thanks, babe. I love you," he whispered, slowly moving the hand supporting her back a little lower than necessary...

SMACK! SLAP! POUND! KER-PUNCH!

You get it.

------------------



The next day, school had just gotten out and Miroku had to use the bathroom right before he left. After finishing his business, he went in search of Sango to see if she had practice today.

Then, out of nowhere, someone reached out and grabbed his wrist, yanking hard. With a startled yelp, he fell on the hard floor of one of the science classes. Above him was Tsubaki, wearing a mischievous, seductive grin spread across her face. Just then, she knelt down quickly on top of him and roughly placed her lips over his.

Another girl popped from behind the classroom door with a camera over her neck. Picking it up, she quickly got a good shot of the two. As soon as the flash went off, Tsubaki let off of Miroku, licking her lips as if wanting more. It took Miroku all of about ten seconds to try and realize the situation.

"What the hell did you do that for, Yaminara~!?" he asked shakily, wiping his mouth vigorously. Turning to the girl, she gave him the picture and she showed it in his face.

"Simple; this." she answered, starting to fan herself with it. The boy looked confused.

"You insane!? What the hell do you plan to do with that!?"

"You're so dense," she commented, not at all fazed from his anger and confusion. "You really must be Sango's man." Miroku glared at her.

"If you must know, I just found out that Sango was chosen to perform the final round of our tournament next week; our championship tournament. It's so stupid that Coach had picked her over me! Me! I'm the most beautiful and talented of all those pathetic losers on the team!

"Well, of course, I can't convince Sango to refuse. That girl's too damn cocky and would never listen to reason. So I figured I could try and make her. Now that's where you come in, Higurashi."

"Huh?"

"You love Sango, don't you? And doesn't she love you back?" she said, making a pretend face of adoration. Miroku smirked.

"You have to ask? Duh, I love her; what's not to love about her? You, of course, would always find some dumb way of twisting all that up."

Tsubaki glared at him menacingly. She dropped it though as she continued: "Yes, well, it's pretty stupid if you ask me. But listen to this; wouldn't Hiraikoha be shocked to see you making out with her most hated enemy?" she asked, flashing the photo in his face.

"What are you gonna do?"

"I'll make this clear and simple, so that way even you can understand. The tournament is next week. Sango is working hard and needs all the support she can get. Now, I can only compete in the final round if Sango chokes out. Say that she saw this little picture of us; she would be so heartbroken to find that the boy she loved for so long had betrayed her. And I'm sure there would be no way she would carry on with the responsibility she was given with such injured emotions."

Miroku's face paled. "You wouldn't."

"And I couldn't," she continued, "Unless you break her heart yourself."

"What the-?"

"Dump the crab. Dump her like old shoes." Miroku couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"You must be out of your mind! There's no way I'm dumping her!"

"Then I'll dump her for you; by showing her this picture. Even though she doesn't trust me, who knows what she'll think when she sees this, hmm?" she began fanning herself with it, an evil smile plastered on her face.

"I can't even imagine the humiliation and betrayal she'd be feeling...you wouldn't want that to happen, would you Miroku?"

He stayed silent.

"If she were to be dumped, it should be done honestly, don't you think?"

- - - - -

Anger and hurt welling within him, Miroku drove from school with Sango in the passenger seat.

"Miroku, is something wrong?" she asked, gazing at him questioningly. He could feel his heartbeat quicken in dread.

"Sango...there's something I have to tell you." he said emotionlessly.

"What is it?"

Miroku was inwardly struggling; battling with himself to not have to say what he had to to her. If there was one thing he cared about over almost everything else, it was Sango. The girl whom beat him, yelled at him, made him laugh, made him smile, made him feel loved. Doing what he was about to do would make him crumble inside, he knew.

"Sango...it can't go on." he forced out.

"What do you mean?" she asked, not liking where this was going.

"Us," he stammered. "There's no way we can keep going where we are. I'm letting you go."

Sango froze right there. Dread filled her heart as she heard his words. Was he leaving her? Why? What had she done wrong? Had she given him too many bonks on the head for being too lecherous? Had she neglected him in some way?

"You don't mean that," she whispered brokenly, "that it's over...?"

Miroku didn't answer, and it was silent in the car until he stopped in front of her house. "Here's your stop." he said quietly. Feeling lifeless, she climbed out of the car.

"Miroku, I--"

It was too late. He had shut her door, and drove off, leaving her to stand there in shock and sorrow. Little did she know, that once he drove off, tears spilled down his cheeks.

~TBC~