InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ You Are Not Alone ❯ Epilogue ( Chapter 31 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Epilogue

Thank you all so much for reading this; I really appreciate it! And it's with great pleasure that I present the epilogue, which I happened to post on the One Year Anniversary of when I first made this fanfic. I love you all!

______________________________



A few months had passed since then, but to everyone else, it only seemed a few wonderful moments. It was now June, and soon it would be summer.

Miroku and Sango had graduated from Midorikon High School. At the ceremony, Miroku's name was called first, and when Sango came right after, he kissed her with a blooming happiness in front of everyone, happy that he could share this moment with her. Sango, of course, felt the same. Only a few days after, Miroku was getting ready to move out to an apartment in the farther part of town, but still close enough so he could visit his mother and sister often. But it was a bit unexpected that when Sango found out, Miroku had given her one of the keys to his apartment; you could only imagine what that meant. She cried happily after that, and was almost always at his apartment because of it. And when the two started college in the fall, they were both secretly and seperately thinking of the right time where they could get married and finally live together, which is what they had been dreaming of practically since they started dating.

Sesshomaru had never seemed more vibrant and happy before after he had finally married Kagura. Only a week later Sesshomaru moved out of his father's house to live with her in a nice house in the suburbs. From what Sesshomaru had told him, the house was next to a small lake surrounded by flowers. Not too long after that, Kagura became pregnant. Everyone was happy to hear the news, even Inuyasha, even though he kept yelling "Gross!" when he was around but when Kagura wasn't. Despite this, it was still nice to see his brother happy. Well, at least that's what he said to Kagura. Inuyasha didn't really care; he was just glad that now he had a different history teacher.

Shippo had his happy ending too. He made the girl he liked in his kindergarten class, Shiori, an awkwardly shaped star made out of toothpicks and construction paper. The edges were painted in a rainbow, while the center was white, showing a picture of Shiori in a pink frilly dress drawn by Shippo. Under it were orange words spelling "Princess Shiori." She instantly fell for him afterwards, and the two went on many long dates (playdates, by the way). Kindergarten love; the most predictable love there is.

InuTaishou had met a wonderful and kind woman who transferred to his office named Sakura whom he developed a close relationship with. Both Inuyasha and Sesshomaru were happy with this, considering how lonely InuTaishou was without Izayoi. Even so, he had to move on, and he picked a great girl. Inuyasha thought that now his mother was smiling down on his father from heaven, happy that he has found someone who can come to love him almost as much as she did. Of course, he never admitted this to Sesshomaru or his father for fear of ridicule.

Kouga was still pining for Kagome, always failing to realize that she had no interest in him whatsoever. Even so, he kept going, promising that no matter what it took, he would get her to love him. Well, that was before he met the new exchange student from Osaka; a beautiful redhead named Ayame. They started going out immediately and have been practically inseperable since.

Kikyo moved away to Hokkaido for a modeling job she somehow managed to grab. No one had personally heard from her, but word of her was getting around and that she may even sign to be able to model for different things in other countries. (Yeah, out of the goodness of my heart, I let Kikyo have her own little happily-ever-after.)

Kagome learned to better express herself around others, and because of it, made many friends. Inuyasha was so proud of her, and he met every single one, but warned all her guy-friends to only stay her friends; that she was his and only his and that no one even think to attempt to take her away from him. While Kagome chastised him for this, she couldn't help but feel warm inside to know that he cared about her that much.

Inuyasha had joined this community program of helping younger kids and even guys his own age learn how to play soccer. With it, he gained much respect and many friends. These seven kids, the Shichinintai, were his closest, and together they were almost impossible to beat.

As for Inuyasha and Kagome together, nothing could have been better. They spent practically every second of every moment together, never wanting to leave each other. It would have even been suicide to seperate these two. Kagome even learned of a few secrets that Inuyasha had been keeping from her all the time that he had known her. Three secrets, to be exact. The first one was that he had been held back last year; this was because of his mother's sudden death. He didn't concentrate on his work at all, and was held back as a result of not attending summer school to bring up his grades. The second one was that he actually should have all A's on his report card because of all the tutoring Kagome had been giving him. But he purposely did some bad on his schoolwork so his grades wouldn't bump up that much. When Kagome asked why he did this, he smiled at her and explained that he enjoyed the time they spent together so much, he never wanted it to end. The third secret was, to him, the biggest shocker. Inuyasha used to be afraid of ramen. One time when he was little, he had watched a scary movie about man-eating worms and nearly wet his pants at the sight of ramen for dinner that night. Kagome tried her best not to laugh, and succeded. But she'd secretly laugh in her head at the thought. Even so, she was so touched at the fact that he lied about his grades just to keep spending time with her; he really did love her. But she was starting to think that all of that extra tutoring was a bit of a waste if he wasn't even going to put it to any use.

Inuyasha never felt any more lucky to have Kagome in his life. Every moment he spent with her was forever ingrained in his heart to relish upon with a smile. How could he, a stupid goofball obsessed with noodles, find such a beautiful, caring girl? He knew he would never understand, as well as that he could never fully deserve her, but Inuyasha would always be grateful and love her with every single bit of his heart of his soul.

As the school year came to an end, Kagome had realized that she was not alone. Now that she had her new friends and Inuyasha's love, she would never have to worry about not being good enough for anything ever again. Kagome even gave Inuyasha her Shikon necklace as a gift of pure love. When he asked why, she only smiled and replied "My wish has already come true." And they both kissed.



The End