Jem Fan Fiction ❯ "Next Drummer, Please" ❯ Chapter 10 - 12 ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

“Next Drummer, Please”
A “Jem: Update” Fan-Fiction
A Modernized Version Of: Jem's “The Talent Search”
Part 3: Chapter 10 - Chapter 12
 
Chapter 10: Jerrica/Jem
 
It was back to normal. I found the line was longer then yesterday. A few people stated they hope that did not hear a Misfit song liked they did yesterday. They were still a lot of bad drummers—but one person appeared. He had blue hair, a blue t-shirt, a baggy pants, and fake fur on his belt buckle.—similar to the fur on top of Stormer's most common Misfit stage outfit. He handed his form to Aja. Aja stated, `All is good order, Mr. Phillip.”
 
The man stated, “I'm glad I'm impressed you, Aja.”
 
Aja looked up, “YOU!”
 
The man stated, “I played better with a back-up.”
 
I got elbow in my side from my sister, Kimber stated, “I got a plan!”
 
 
--SONG BREAK-
“I GOT MY EYE ON YOU”
JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS
 
 
Hey babe!
I've got my eye on you
And I'm watchin your every move
Hey babe!
I've got my eye on you
Tell me what are you tryin' to prove?
You think you're hot, and your star is due (ooh ooh)
You think you've got somethin' different and new
Well babe, I got my eye on you
And babe, oh babe, I think so too
Hey babe!
I got my eye on you
And I think you look mighty fine
Hey babe!
I got my eye on you
I would really love to make you mine
You think you're hot, and your star is due (ooh ooh)
You think you've got somethin' different and new
Well babe, I got my eye on you
And babe, oh babe, I think so too
Hey babe!
I've got my eye on you
And I think you look mighty fine
Hey babe!
I've got my eye on you
I would really love to make you mine
Cause ever since you came in view
I just can't take my eyes off you
Hey babe,
I've got my eye on you
(Hey babe)
I've got my eye on you
(Hey babe)
I've got my eye on you
-SONG BREAK OVER-
 
I really doubt that song had any effect. I just up Rio annoyance level of Jem—and that was long time ago. At least, he figured out that I was Jem before the `Glitter & Gold” contest got under way—but the man kissed Aja. This was a surprising twist.
 
I asked, “What's your name?”
 
The name answered, “Craig Phillip.”
 
Aja stated, “That was better then what I heard in the music instruments store.”
 
Craig remarked, “I'm really cooking that time—as my sister might say—I cooked up a thunderstorm of music.”
 
Kimber stated, “What's your sister name?”
 
Craig stated, “Mary Phillips.”
 
Aja stated, “Does she play the drums.”

Craig replied, “No, but she plays the keyboards.”
 
Kimber remarked, “Sounds like someone we know. Your blue hair and blue eyes reminds me of Stormer.”

Craig replied, “Who?”

Kimber answered, “One of `The Misfits', she's plays the keyboards. She can play drums and guitars—but she prefers to use a keytar or keyboard.”
 
Craig remarked, “I really doubt that. Mary is a common first name and Phillips is a common last name. It like saying Jerrica Benton is Jem. It does not make a whole lot of cents in this world.”
 
I laughed—Craig would be surprise when he learned that Jerrica Benton is Jem.
 
Aja asked, “Can you make to the semi-finalist next week?”
Craig stated, “Not a problem for me.”
 
Chapter 11: Raya

I had assume that Jerrica become Jem to get back a stolen item from someone. This is just a guess—but I believe from Eric Raymond, the biggest creep in the music world. I had collected many newspapers articles about Jem. I want to the first one of them—back when Jem made her first appearance. I found a notice about a bet between Eric Raymond and Jerrica Benton on Jem—the winner of this bet gets Starlight Music. Jem won the Second Battle of the Bands. I think Jerrica, as Jem, just wanted her music company out of Eric's hands. Right now, the eight semi-finalists were at Starlight Mansion for a party. I did not know why—but at usual Lin-Z was trying to get a scoop—and Jem's was with them. They were talking near the pool. I was not too far away.
 
Lin-Z was talking to Jem. She asked, “So found your new drummer, yet?”
 
Jem stated, “Nope. We narrowed it down to eight semi-finalist—and we getting to know them.”

Aja added, “Personality chemistry is just important as music talent in a band.”
 
I saw someone coming towards me. She was a strange white/red/black haired woman in black leather outfit and red boots. She stated, “I played with `Twenty Guns', `The Nasty Hook'” and `The Mirror Universe'.” She paused, and asked, “Who have you play with?”
 
I stated, “I played my drums in garage.”
 
The woman stated, “You here. You must be here to make the contest look good.”
 
I cried—when I stopped crying I saw, Jerrica's Jem near by. Jem stated, “Don't worry, she's just spiteful. You will not be here if you did not have a real chance. We want talent, not malicious behavior.”
 
I stated, “All I wanted was a chance.”
 
Half of my mind thought surprising Jem with a piñata was bad mode—since it annoyed another semi-finalist—but the other of my mind was pleasing by how the Starlight Girl act towards it—I got three brothers—and I always wanted a sister.. As I left for the day, Kimber stated, “Don't worry about Alexandra Gabor, Aja and I told her to make like a drum solo and beat it.”
 
I had a surprise visitor at my house. The visitor was Eric Raymond Eric Raymond took me to out to a famous Japanese dinner. Eric tried to get on Jem's real identity. He told in charge for Jem's real identity he would give anything I wanted—I really did not know to think—but I didn't want to spill Jem's identity to her. I told him too honest—and Jem has been nice to me. I left to go home to beat up on old drum set—and wait for the end of this contest—if I do not win—it will be a fun time.
 
Chapter 12: Shana
 
It cannot stand this. Tina Gabor has been rejecting by designs for her co-stars in the mini-series. My boyfriend cannot help me—he told me Tina was not only the star but the producer as well. My last costumes rejected because Tina considered orange her unlikely girl. I got a call, it was from Jerrica—I did not get around to finding out what she wants—because Tina's co-workers bugged me—and Tina wanted to talk about something—so I had to hang-up against. Tina was mad because I make some of her co-star look BETTER then she was.

I took out a picture of my and my sisters—taken not long after Jem won the Battle of the Bands, but before the mess of Starbright movie began--asked to me, “What did I get my self into?”
 
--SONG BREAK—
 
“SHOW ME THE WAY”
JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS
 
I keep runnin' in circles,
Never know where I stand
Nothing seems to work exactly as I planned
Show me the way,
Whoa, whoa!
Show me the way (Show me the way),
Oh won't somebody
Show me the way (Show me the way),
The right direction
Show me the way (Show me the way),
The right connection
Show me the way, oh, Show me the way (show me)
I fall into danger
Seems I never win
I think I'm safe,
Then I see the mess I'm in
Show me the way,
Whoa, whoa
Where in all this madness do I go?
Baby, baby, if you know,
Whoa, whoa
Show me the way (Show me the way),
Oh won't somebody
Show me the way (Show me the way)
,
The right direction
Show me the way (Show me the way)
,
The right connection
Show me the way, oh, Show me the way (show me)
Show me the way, oh, Show me the way (show me)
Show me the way, oh Show me the way (the way, the way, the way)
-SONG BREAK OVER-
 
Well, back to the daily grind. I wonder how family is doing with the talent search.