Jem Fan Fiction ❯ "Ulimate Holograms" ❯ The Hottest Ticket! ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

“Ultimate Holograms”
Issue #2 - “The Hottest Ticket!”
By Dr. Thinker
 

Kimber stated, “Wow! We are the talk of the town!”
 
Every news show that covered what's going on showbiz had been covering Eric's rigged “Battle of the Band”—from “Show Time Tonight” to “Video Madness”—for a week. Harriet Horn had tried to get Eric Raymond to come on the show for a week—but he turned her down. Lin-Z had tried to get Eric to send the Misfits—but Eric turned her down as well. Lin-Z talked to the other bands that were the contest from Air Pollution to Space Cadets.
 
Aja stated, “Every newspaper in the world has front page articles on us.”
 
Jerrica sighed. She didn't expect that her appearance at Jem would make his much news. This could help her out with running Starlight Music once she gets rid of Eric. The TV was on STAGE—a new music channel that aired music video—since VH-1 and MTV are video phobia now a days. Lin-Z was talking to the judges from the concerts. From their information, Eric was just doing a usual advertising stunt—more suitable for a movie then a music contest. They never thought the bands were going to so bad, that they wished for their hearts to be removed from their bodies. They agreed that Eric is rotten to the core. They also agreed that Misfits song were a little annoying and won't dent the TOP 50s with out the help of Eric, but Jem and the Holograms songs will always reach the top.
 
Sheena stated, “Sounds like the judges are treating us like cartoon characters that get lucky almost every day.”
 
Kimber stated, “Better then being stuck in last place.”
 
-M-

Eric wished he was someplace far away—like half away around the world from, Clash and her band, the Misfits—but in fact, they were in with him in his Starlight Office—well, technically the late Emmett Benton's office—but what's good is an office to someone who is dead. Clash has been insulting him even since the Battle of the Bands. From Scooby-Doo and Chicken-head, she had throw anything from the insult books plus some of her more originals.
 
Eric asked, “Why must you always insult me, Clash?”
 
Clash answered, “Because you hadn't a THING get RID of Jem and the Holograms. You don't want to know how many bloody e-mails from bloody stupid people I got asking if this was a really rigged contest!”
 
Jetta asked, “600?”
Pizzazz asked, “12,000?”
Roxy asked, “9,000?”
Stormer asked, “50,000,000”.
 
Clash sighed—Pizzazz and her group can be very curious when they want to be—as she replied, “Stormer is the closest to the correct number. It's about 992,543,512,981 e-mails—and that isn't counting the bloody repeats! It's starting to be very bloody annoying to me! I put on a BLOODY message on the front page of the Misfits' web site telling them NOT to send ME any more BLOODY e-mail about the so-called bloody rigged contest!””
 
Stormer remarked, “Look like Jetta's rubbing off on Clash.”
 
Jetta stated, “It's about bloody time I did some GOOD!”

Eric replied, “If this was a cartoon, you guys would be ban from England's airways for all of this swearing you doing right now. GET OUT OF MY OFFICE, if you know what's good for you!”

The Misfits lead
 
Clash stated, “Ok. But you better find a way to get rid of Jem and the Holograms!”
 
Eric remarked, “Wait Clash, I got a just got an idea! On your web-page tell you that you going to move your e-mail to Jerbet@spacenet.com. Promise that you answer if it's rigged contest—if they send their e-mail there.”
 
Clash started, “But that's not one of….” She paused, “I'm seeing things now. That's Jerrica Benton's e-mail. She's going to be annoyed as much as I was—and break up with that Jem dame. As Jetta might that's say that “bloody brilliant” of you. Catch you later. I'm out of before you have a bloody heart attack!”
 
+J+
 
Jerrica yelled, “THAT ERIC RAYMOND!”

Jerrica was sitting in the home office. Kimber asked, “What's wrong?”
 
Jerrica replied, “My e-mails are been from the Misfits' fans questioning Clash about the rigged contest. I got 900,000 of them over the night—and that not counting the repeats! Oh, no. One of them is from Starboss@starmusic.com. That's got to be Eric Raymond himself. I going to hate myself—put I got to know what he up too. That Eric! He nastier then I thought he was. He told Clash, the Misfits' manager, to switch e-mails on her fans---sending the e-mails. His payment is removing from Jem's life or my half of Starlight Music. Since Jem's me—that's the former is possible—and I'm not giving my half of Starlight Music in him at all.”
 
Kimber started, “I have an outrageous idea, Jemica.” She whispered the idea in Jerrica's ears.
 
Jerrica replied with three words. Those words were: “I love it!”
 
-M-
 
Eric had got back from is lunch—and discovered one mail from Jem@rocklady.net. It was from Jem all right. The letters were as pink as her hair was—and the letter was as long as a wait in line for a new video game system on the lunch day of that video game system. He just finished reading the e-mail as Clash walked in.
 
Clash asked, “How did it work?”
 
Eric stated, “Not as well as I thought. We got an e-mail from Jem. The e-mail is longer then a mid-1970's gas station line! Anyway, I'm the bottom line is that Jem is going to stop helping Jerrica—not for all the candy in the world.”
 
Clash replied, “I put on my website UNDER REVAMP—until this BLOWS over.”
 
 
+J+
 
Kimber asked, “What can we do now?”

Jerrica stated, “We just wait until Eric tries his luck again. By the way, I checked Clash's Misfits' web page. She's removed her home page and put on a page that reads `REVAMP COMING BLOODY SOON - SO HOLD YOUR BLOODY HORSES - Your Bossette, Clash!' She must have not wanted to get any more e-mails.”
 
Kimber stated, “Oh, we come up with a double outrageous idea! Go into the den. Don't worry, Rio already brought over the usually white cakes with yellow frosting on them. He left are dropping off his parents for Jerrica.”
 
+J+
 
Jerrica was surprised when she got TWO birthdays gifts from her sisters. June 1 was her birthday as well as the birth of Jem—so some of them little more then usual. Jerrica's gifts' tag was the usual to “TO: Jerrica” with the name of the person giving it to her. Jem's gifts' tags had Jem near where TO” was at and the FROM: had the words Holograms next to them. The best double gift idea came from Raya, two cell-phones—the Jerrica one was plain blue, but Jem one was neon pink.
 
Jerrica stated, “This is INSANE!”
 
Synergy voiced via the earrings, “Don't worry. Put Jem's outfits into my computer bank—and I can random the outfit for Jem. If she always wear the same outfit—people will starting thinking that she is an illusion.”
 
Aja stated, “Synergy's got a point there.”
 
Jerrica stated, “As the phones, both will in my purse—but I try to figure a way to prevent me from confusing them.”
 
Raya asked, “With this done, what's next?”
 
Jerrica stated, “We need some time with to work out some new songs. We may need more then one song to stop Eric Raymond.”
 
Kimber stated, “Well, I got `GETTING' DOWN TO BUSSINESS' and `Like a Dream', written. I'm still looking on the lyrics for `Deception', `Too Close', `I Got My Eye on You' and `Truly Outrageous'—and I'm still working on music for `She Got the Power' and `Music Is Magic.'
 
Jerrica stated, “Get the sheet music for `GDTB' and `LAD', we do both at the Drive-In.”
 
-M-

Eric stated, “Howard Sands created a new Battle of Bands.”
 
Clash asked, “What did you said?”
 
“I said that Howard Sands had created a new Battle of the Bands.” Eric stated as the Misfits hogged his office area again. “They are arguments about my Battle of the Bands with his works that slowed down much of his movie productions. Some of them claim that I'm supporting the Holograms!” He paused to hear Roxy's growl, then stated, “He got had Lin-Z, Anthony Julian and special judges for the contest. All bands in Los Angeles are going to there. He's going to make announced the third j.”
 
Clash growled, “The Misfits are going to be there—but I got a bad feeling about the third judge.”
 
Pizzazz asked, “Do you know kind of prize the winner would get?”
 
Eric stated, “No. So get your bloody act on the road!”
 
-J-
 
The Rocking Roadster was slow to stop down a highway street. A navy blue limo had four flat on it. A mustached man in a blue suit was standing near the limo.

Jerrica asked, “Need a lift?”
 
The man stated, “Sure. Hey, you're Jem's friend, Jerrica Benton!”
 
Jerrica stated, “That's me.”
 
The man replied, “I'm Howard Sands. Even since Eric created that rigged contest, they have been argument around World Studios. It's been slowing down the filming of some of my movies. So I'm creating a new Battle of the Bands to see what bands can hit the top of the charts. If you see the Jem, tell I would like to see the Battle of the Band.”
 
Jerrica stated, “I'm think she will be up for that. So where are heading.”
 
Howard answered, “To a talk some into becoming my third judge. Her name is Donna Victoria Disc—but most people call her Video—since her initials as the one for Digital Video Disc.”
 
-J-
 
Howard Sands asked, “This is Donna's studio. She makes video. Mostly rock music videos.”
 
Video was a red-hair wearing “STAGE” T-Shirt and a blue jeans. She was holding a beaten-up video camera. She saw Howard—and put down the beat-up video camera on the today, “Hey, Howard, what can I do for you today?”
 
Howard Sands stated, “I want you to be my third judge.”
 
Video stated, “Just finished up on my last video, I'm freed up for two weeks-before I get hit with a truck load of videos.”
 
Jerrica asked, “I got a question for you, Video: Do you know person called Clash?”
 
Video stated, “Constance Disc? Yeah. I know her—she's my annoying cousin that leads an even more annoying pack of creatures that rejects from a B- horror movie know as `The Misfits'. If you have been dealing with them—I think I know what you feel like—a flat tire.”
 
*J*
 
 
Kimber stated, “Wow! They are eight bands in this contest.”
 
Jem and the Holograms enter the location of Howard Sands' “Battle of the Band'
 
A familiar voiced growled, “Hey, look at what the cat dragged in…”

Kimber stated, “Morin', Pizzazz.”
 
Clash and the Misfits appeared. The Misfits were in their ugly stage outfits. Clash was in blue blouse and blue skirt with the costume jewelry and fake fur coat might have fooled a kindergarten kid, but she couldn't fool Jem.
 
Clash stated, “Why don't you group just crawl back from what ever rock you crawl out of you!”
 
Kimber remarked, “Speak for yourself, Clash.”
 
Pizzazz stated, “We are the best here!”

Kimber retorted, “If such a good band—and I use that term loosely—you won't need to cheat at Eric's Battle of the Bands.”
 
Pizzazz stated, “Eric wasn't too sure our music would sell—on the safe side we allowed him to pick the worst bands.”
 
Kimber remarked, “Give me a break. Cheating isn't the safe side.”

Pizzazz stated as she waked off, “I hate to say this—but honestly I must: Honesty is dead. See you at the winner's circle—which I will be in!”
 
The other Misfits and their manger, Clash, walked off shortly after that.
 
Kimber remarked, “I wish I have a rotten tomato to throw at them.”
 
Aja stated, “As MST3K guys usually starts—stay frosty.”
 
Kimber joked, “Easy for you, Crow.”

Aja joked back, “Very funny, Tom.”
 
Sheena rolled her eyes as Raya giggled up a storm of laughter.
 
*J*
 
Despite the meeting with `Misfits', Jem and the Holograms got the rules of the contest. Each band will do one song each. The one with the best song will be the winner. The Misfits was the fourth band to perform, while Jem and the Holograms get the last spot. The songs were normal pop level or little under it.
Pizzazz took the stage with the other Misfits. As the Misfits step their music instruments. Pizzazz stated, “As you know people think you should play it safe and good. Honestly—that's good in theory—but not in real life. As our first song—honestly states—
“Honestly Is Dead”, but that's song is an old horse trick by now—and we know me kept music moving ahead—so he's our song….”Winning is Everything!”
 
-SONG BREAK-
 
“WINNING IS EVERYTHING”
BY THE MISFITS
 
 
Winning is Everything, Winning is Everything
It isn't how you play the game
Winning is Everything, Winning is Everything
I want everybody to know my name
I'm aimin' for success, gonna do what it takes
If someone gets hurt, well, them's the breaks
If you wanna reach the top, don't let anybody stop you
Winning is Everything, Winning is Everything
I ain't cut out for second string
Winning is Everything, Winning is Everything
So go find another song to sing
Winning is Everything, Winning is Everything
It isn't how you play the game
Winning is Everything, Winning is Everything
I want everybody to know my name
I'm aimin' for success, gonna do what it takes
If someone gets hurt, well, them's the breaks
If you wanna reach the top, don't let anybody stop you
Winning is Everything, Winning is Everything
I ain't cut out for second string
Winning is Everything, Winning is Everything
So go find another song to sing
Winning is Everything, Winning is Everything, Winning is Everything
Winning is Everything!
 
-SONG BREAK OVER-
 
Pizzazz stated, “So what you think judges?”
 
Lin-Z stated, “Good hard edge. Gothic meets new wave, but it's not my taste. They take 5.5 from me.”
 
Anthony Julian replied, “I hope Eric has a lot of money to sell on girls like you. Pleasing your group is like living with Count Dracula. I'm giving those vampires a 5.5.”
 
Video replied, “The song sound like a track from a DEVO fan's nightmare. I rather watch “Trapped in Closet” until my eyes walk way from my head. They steal a 4.5 from me.”
 
Clash run on the stage—and almost knocked Howard Sands to the floor. “I cry fowl. Video's is my cousin. She's hate me with all her heart.”
 
Video yelled, “What I hate about this fact that you create more annoying scenes then Misfit at their worst in my life. And being I'm giving my honestly opinion—as late Emmett Benton once stated—honesty isn't dead, just a little injured!”
 
Howard Sands stated, “Get off the stage right now or the Misfits are going to be removed from the contest.”

Clash stated, “Doesn't talk a rocket scientist to know when you not wanted.”
 
*J*

The other bands were near to Misfit's level of song-but they were covering large music types with the exception of classic music. It was time for Jem and the Holograms. They appeared on the stage.
 
Jem stated, “The world can be one very strange place. This strange world can make Wonderland or Oz look like England or Japan. One in were reality is fantasy—and fantasy is reality. One is that like something out of a dream….”
 
--SONG BREAK—
 
“LIKE A DREAM”
BY JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS
 
 
(Like a Dream) I appear to you
(Like a Dream) That is comin true
(Like a Dream) I will lead you to a place you've never seen before
(Like a Dream) Where you're far from care
(Like a Dream) Music everywhere
(Like a Dream) Let me take you there and show you new worlds to explore
Follow the sound of my voice,
I'll give you reason to rejoice
(Like a Dream) I appear to you
(Like a Dream) That is comin true
(Like a Dream) I will lead you to a place you've never seen before
(Like a Dream) Where you're far from care
(Like a Dream) Music everywhere
(Like a Dream) Let me take you there and show you new worlds to explore
Follow the sound of my voice,
I'll give you reason to rejoice
(Like a Dream) Baby, come with me
(Like a Dream) Life will be
(Like a Dream) Mmmmm,
Like a Dream!
 
--SONG BREAK-
 

Lin-Z stated, “Rumors stated that Eric was really backing you up—but that song doesn't sound anything from a studio. That song is terrific. Modern music will never be the same again. Jem's group walks away with 10.”
 
Anthony Julian remarked, “Those rumors were as dumb as Eric's shoes. I bet my bottom dollar, Jem is going to the top of charts no matter what music types her group takes up. I am following up Lin-Z's 10 with my own 10.”
 
Video stated, “Lin-Z and Anthony covered what I thought of Jem and the Holograms, I just one number for group—and the number is: 10.”
 
Howard Sands stated, “The winner of the contest with 30 points is Jem and the Holograms.”
 
Just then a bull-dozer crashed though the wall. Clash was driving it and ranting “She CAN'T WIN! Video is the queen of the slime ball. The Misfits' songs are better then his trash! The songwriter is a teenager who couldn't tell pop music from popcorn popping!”
 
Kimber stated, “Hey! I resent that remark!”

Aja hop in—and wrestled with Clash for the while—and was able to remove the key from the bull-dozer stopping it.

Pizzazz stated, “Misfits--Let's beat it!”
 
The Misfit run out of the building like it was on fire.
 
An unfamiliar woman dress in a real silk dress and a real fur coat walked to the stage. She asked with a French accent, “Howard was anyone hurt by those Misfits?”
 
Howard stated “We are fine. This is Jem, Aja, Sheena and Kimber. Better know as Jem and the Holograms. This is Countess Danielle Dayara—Dayara is famous noble family helping people thought out history.”
 
Danielle stated, “You play marvelous new music!”
 
Jem stated, “We like to perform for you sometime, Mistress Dayara.”
 
Danielle stated, “No--call me, Danielle. Calling me Mistress Dayara makes me sound like I'm older then England itself.”
 
Jem asked, “What was the prize?”
 
Before Howard could answer, Jem was floored. Rio Poncho walked in. He was a red-hair young man about the mid 20s mark. He was dressed in a brown t-shirt, a gray jacket, a white belt, and gray jogging pants. Rio dropped a set of keys as his eye caught sight of Jem.
 
Rio stated, “Holy mother of pearls!”
 
Howard Sands stated as he picked the keys Rio drop “Thanks for helping me look up a prize for this contest.”
 
Rio stated quietly with out, “No problem.”
 
Rio asked, “Hey, beautiful, what's your name?”
 
Jem stated, “I'm Jem.” She paused to point to the other, “And my band is called The Holograms.”
 
Rio sound, “I heard about a lot about you! I can't believe Jerrica never told me—but getting to her to tell thing before high school is like trying to remove teeth with a rusty spoon. I guess you got a lot dates in high school”
 
Jem stated, “In middle school, I was the stereotypical cartoon nerd—if you saw me then, I could have Jerrica look like the Queen of England.” This was little bit truth in this—Jerrica has always been a nerd in high school.
 
Rio laughed. Jerrica hadn't heard Rio's laugh in a very long time. “That's a funny picture. I got to go—I'm else my girlfriend going to think I'm cheating on her.”
 
After Howard finally picked the key Rio drop, he told Jem the prize was a huge mansion on the outskirt of town.
 
-M-
 
Eric stated as he smelled the awful the singed of burn clothing, “WHAT DO YOU DO, CLASH?” He paused then stated, “You sell like you were in a fire.”
 
As usually, Eric, Clash and the Misfits were in Eric's “Starlight Music” office.

Clash stated, “Cold your jets, Eric! No one was home. Jerrica was out and so were the Gram-O-Phones. The Starlight Girls were at school. I was going to deal some stuff—mostly kid stuff: video games, DVDs, music CDs, and may be a bit of money—but I kicked a PS2 so hard that when hit a wall socket that a fire started—and I get out of there. I called 911—and told them about the fire—but I didn't give my name out. Jerrica's going to really P.O. about this—she's going to drop Jem like a hot potato.”
 
Pizzazz stated “She's better or you going to wish you died in that fire!”
 
+J+
 
Raya asked, “Is that Ashley's bike?”
 
Kimber asked, “Yes—and if she's driving it on a school day, she's got to have the bad news.”
 
A spiky blonde-hair girl dressed in a yellow T-shirt, a yellow shirt with black polka-dots, a yellow jogging pan with black polka dots, and a yellow vest with black polka-dots. Her bike was regular mountain bike. Jerrica slowed down the car to the speed in which Ashley was pedaling her bike.
 
Ashley stated in her New York street-wise voice stated, “As Becky usually remarks, WE HAVE A PROBLEM!”
 
Kimber stated, “We know. You don't drive your bike on a school day, if you have a gift for someone. So what happen to our house?”

Ashley stated, “According to the fire man at location, someone was trying to steal a PS2 and kick into a wall socket—starting a fire. By the time the fire man got there—Starlight House was no more. Terri and Be Nee have been asking where are doing to live now?”
 
Jerrica's brain got an idea. “Jem just won a mansion in Howard's Battle of the Band. We can live there!”
 
Ashley stated, “Would Jem mind?'
 
Kimber stated, “I don't think so.”
 
-J-
 
It didn't take long for the group to find the Mansion. It was huge large mansion with yellow-painted walls. As Jerrica allowed the kids to explode the mansion—she and the Holograms ended talking in the basement's den
 
Sheena stated, “Speaking of fires, I did some research on Wikipeida on Starlight Drive-In. Starlight Drive-In was close because of fire hazards. If some torch that places—kiss good-bye to Synergy.”
 
Raya stated, “This den is larger then a normal one. We can use a half of the room to hide Synergy—and make this area, Jem's home office/meeting room.”
 
Raya answered, “She was vowed by collection of video game systems—with the expectation of a PS2, a Nintendo Wii and a Sony Playstation 3—so we don't have too much to replace. Each system is hooked to a TV set. We learned that they originally belong to Carol Sands, Howard's daughter. She created his duty as a study. She used a number slot lock by Lucky Seven Company.”

Jerrica stated, “Kimber and Raya go the Lucky Seven Company a buy one of their number slot locks. Sheena, Aja and I will get Synergy out of the Starlight Drive-In.”
 
-J-
 
It took a little longer to get to Starlight Drive-In, but they got there no problem. Getting the blueprints of Synergy from herself was like trying to mix oil and water, but they got the blueprints—and disable her—and got her the basement with out dealing with kids. According to Raya, the kids were playing the systems—to see if they still work. They did the Atari, the NES, the Super NES, N64, Genesis, and Dreamcast. They are right now on the working on: Playstation 1, Game Cube, X-Box and X-Box 360.
 
They gang put Synergy back together following the blueprints—and successfully return her back on.
 
Kimber stated, “She's on!”
 
Jerrica stated “The big question is will earrings still work after we moved Synergy. Showtime, Synergy!”
 
A familiar flash of pink light come from the earrings—covering Jerrica for a short bit—and Jem appeared.
 
Kimber started, “Outrageous!”
 
Jem stated, “Show's over, Synergy.” Another flash of pink light come from the earrings—and she was Jerrica again.
 
Synergy stated, “I'm in working order—but I would like if you have to mess with me in the near future—I would like some place to stay.”
 
Kimber stated, “You can about my lab top!”
 
Raya added “And if that is being repair, you can use mine.”
 
Synergy stated, “That's sounds logical!”
 
Kimber stated, “By the way, Jerrica. I come up with the name for his mansion—you think we been outrageous! We call it the `Starlight Mansion'!” Kimber paused, “What do oyu think
 
Jerrica stated. “That name sounds good to me!”
 
-TBC-
 
Well, finally: Video, Howard, Rio, and Danielle had been added to the fiction—and the Holograms are now at Starlight Mansion. Catch you later!
 
Dr. Thinker