Jem Fan Fiction ❯ MUSICAL: The Mega Rock-Man ❯ Jammin' with Jem. ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER EIGHT
 
 
It sure was nice of the Jem group to give me a lift, and their plane was specified so you use electronics inside even while the plane was still in flight.
 
This meant w could even play some of our instruments, and do some songs. Kimber was also very impressed at seeing my talent with keyboards close up. “How do you really do it, Mykan?” she asked.
 
I told her it wasn't easy, and that it took so much practicing and focusing. First you had to actually figure out how many different sounds there was in the song you wished to play, and then which of the instruments you should play yourself.
 
Then I practiced on instrument at a time at, and of course since I could possible play them all at once with only a few simple keyboards, I decided to record the other instruments on the Keyboard's audio-players.
 
The trick was, knowing what instruments to record, and play them at just the right speed and length so that when their turn came to be played, the audio-player wouldn't make the music sound off key.
 
“Whoa… that must take a lot of practice.” said Shana.
 
“It does.” I answered. “So difficult, yet so rewarding, and it never mattered what song in the world I played.”
 
I sat myself over at three of my keyboards to show them. Two played by my hands, and one played by my feet.
 
I was played an old folk song but in a jazzy kind of way. I played the Piano, and bass guitar myself, while the two recorded audio's played drums, and a regular guitar.
 
As for the one by my feet it had it's role but not until late in the song
 
The girls also knew the song I was going to play. It may not have been a rock-song, but it was good enough for them. When they asked if they could sing too, how could I refuse.
 
Jerrica touched her earrings and said. "Showtime, Synergy", and with that she transformed into Jem. I was amazed.
 
“What are you waiting for Mega Rock-Man?” she asked playfully, “Come on out and sing with us.”
 
I nodded and since they didn't find him scary I concentrated on my anger until I had enough in me. “Let's Rocket!!” and I changed into Mega Rock-man.
 
I rubbed my hand through my hair. “Are you lovely ladies ready?” I asked in my cooler voice, and all the girls gave me thumbs-up. “Then… let's do it.”
 
(Mykan)
 
Did you ever hear tell of Sweet Betsy from Pike,
Who crossed the wide mountains with her lover Ike,
Two yoke of cattle, a large yeller dog,
A tall Shanghai rooster, and a one-spotted hog.
 
Sing Too-ra-li-oo-ra-li-oo-ra-li-ay.
(Sing Too-ra-li-oo-ra-li-oo-ra-li-ay.)
 
(Jerrica)
 
They swam the wide rivers and crossed the tall peaks,
And camped on the prairie for weeks upon weeks.
Starvation and cholera, hard work and slaughter--
They reached California 'spite of hell and high water.
 
Sing Too-ra-li-oo-ra-li-oo-ra-li-ay.
(Sing Too-ra-li-oo-ra-li-oo-ra-li-ay.)
 
(Kimber)
 
One evening quite early they camped on the Platte,
T
'was near by the road on a green shady flat.
Betsy, sore-footed, lay down to repose--
With wonder Ike gazed on that Pike County rose.
 
Sing Too-ra-li-oo-ra-li-oo-ra-li-ay.
(Sing Too-ra-li-oo-ra-li-oo-ra-li-ay.)
 
(Aja)
 
Out on the prairie one bright, starry night,
They broke out the whiskey, and Betsy got tight.
She sang and she shouted and she danced o'er the plain,
And she showed her bare arse to the whole wagon train
.
 
Sing Too-ra-li-oo-ra-li-oo-ra-li-ay.
(Sing Too-ra-li-oo-ra-li-oo-ra-li-ay.)
 
(Shana)
 
The Injuns came down in a thundering horde,
And Betsy was scared they would scalp her adored.
So under the wagon-bed Betsy did crawl
And she fought off the Injuns with musket and ball.
 
Sing Too-ra-li-oo-ra-li-oo-ra-li-ay.
(Sing Too-ra-li-oo-ra-li-oo-ra-li-ay.)
 
(Raya)
 
The wagon broke down with a terrible crash,
And out on the prairie rolled all sorts of trash.
A few little baby-clothes, done up with care,
Looked rather suspicious, but all on the square
.
 
Sing Too-ra-li-oo-ra-li-oo-ra-li-ay.
(Sing Too-ra-li-oo-ra-li-oo-ra-li-ay.)
 
 
I hit the playback switch on the keyboard by my feet which played a Saxophone solo, which really made the music ever more jazzy.
 
Little did we realize that we were being heard and watched by the Misfits through a hidden camera.
 
“Ugh… can we please turn this thing off?!” moaned Pizzazz. “That singing is giving me a headache.” She reached for the switch.
 
“No, Pizzazz…” said Roxy. “If we want to get the goods on Rockman we have to here everything they say or sing.”
 
“Speak for yourself.” said Stormer. “The guy's playing three keyboards at once, how can I compete with that?”
 
Eric just ignored the groups comments and kept to his own thoughts. “If only we knew something about Mykan, anything at all that we could use, we just might be able to force him over to us after all.”
 
Easier said than done. How, and where was he going to find any other information about me that he could use?
 
 
(Mykan)
 
Did you ever hear tell of Sweet Betsy from Pike,
Who crossed the wide mountains with her lover Ike,
Two yoke of cattle, a large yeller dog,
A tall Shanghai rooster, and a one-spotted hog.
 
(Sing Too-ra-li-oo-ra-li-oo-ra-li-ay.)
(Sing Too-ra-li-oo-ra-li-oo-ra-li-ay.)
(Sing Too-ra-li-oo-ra-li-oo-ra-li-ay.)
(Sing Too-ra-li-oo-ra-li-oo-ra-li-ay.)
(Sing Too-ra-li-oo-ra-li-oo-ra-li-ay).
(Sing Too-ra-li-oo-ra-li-oo-ra-li-ay.)
 
That night
 
We were due to arrive in Morvania sometime after breakfast tomorrow morning, and all the girls had had gone to bed.
 
Kimber rolled over, but was then awoken by the soft sound of a keyboard being played out in the lounge. She got up and saw me, in my true-form, at the keyboard playing sad pub-music.
 
(You know that kind of sad music you hear when a guy is sitting in a bar looking glum)
 
“Mykan?”
 
My head snapped up. “Oh, I'm sorry Kimber. I didn't mean to wake anyone up?” I said. “I just can't get to sleep.”
 
Kimber could tell from the sadness in my voice that something was bothering me, but she asked just to make sure “Is everything okay?”
 
I shook my head. “Nope.” I said, “Feel like chatting?”
 
Kimber smiled and sat down near me.
 
“I'm really not looking too forward to this concert of the Princess tomorrow night.” I said, “And I was actually hoping I'd never have to go back to Morvania again.”
 
Kimber felt confused. “Why? Everyone's really looking forward to seeing you there. Especially, Adriana.”
 
I turned away at the sound of that name. “Mykan, Mykan?” Kimber said. I snapped out of it. “Huh? What happened?”
 
“I just said the name “Adriana” and you--”
 
I did it again, I look really gloomy. “Kimber…” I said, “I'm about to tell you something that I have never, NEVER, told anyone else in the world. It's the very reason why I became so secluded and washed up.”
 
Kimber's eyes widened. “Really?” she asked. “Well, go on then, I'm listening.”
 
I sighed and began to tell the missing part of the story Kimber heard about me.
 
It dealt with me having my House, Job, and my Bag-of-gold… but this story was about my first and only love… that sadly was not meant to be.