Johnny The Homicidal Maniac Fan Fiction ❯ Changes ❯ Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
2

I sat down on my couch after changing and throwing my old clothes into the wash. I really hoped I had gotten to that shirt before the blood stains set in permanently since it was my favorite. The words Break Me just seemed so appropriate these days, thought I figured they always had.
Something hard was stabbing me in my upper leg as I started on my bowl of ’skettio’s. I picked up my coat and reached in the pocket, remembering my find of earlier today. I rolled the two seemingly harmless screws around in the palm of my hand, trying to recollect what exactly made me keep them. There was nothing special about them, yet I knew there was. “Maybe I should just get rid of them.” I whispered out loud to myself. Another of my nasty habits since the voices have been gone. I guess I should be grateful there is no answer anymore.
I wouldn’t suggest throwing my eyes away so carelessly Johnny, you might find you need them as much as I do.
“What the fu-”
You mortal children and THAT word. Couldn’t you all just find a nicer word then that? I mean, even HELL is better then that word.
“No,” I started shakily, “I got rid of you. All of you. Your kind. I don’t hear you anymore.” I couldn’t believe this. It had to be a dream. Over 3 months and no voices, and now there was some female voice of fucked-up reason back in my head? Since when were the voices female?
Because Johnny, the voice replied to my unasked question, I wasn’t yours in the beginning. I am from someone else’s mind. A female mind.
“And who in the hell might you be?” I asked, building courage as I went. Maybe since the voice really didn’t belong to me, it would be okay, and it would go away when it found the head it was suppose to be in.
My name is Sickness, Johnny, and I have the proposition of a lifetime for you including the one you never meant to harm.
My heart quickened and I stopped for only a second. “I’m listening.” was all I managed to choke out as the screws gleamed, with something I would guess as happiness.