Johnny The Homicidal Maniac Fan Fiction ❯ Once More, With Feeling. ❯ The Girl ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
was about 9 in the morning before Nny decided to go see if this girl really existed. He grabbed his keys and his coat (which, may he add- wasn’t as cool as the one he’d gotten in hell, but would suffice for the moment.) and got in his car.

Handy Holding Warehouses were only around 10 minutes away. They had gone out of business at least 6 years ago, and the fence gates had been locked so Johnny parked outside the gates. Instead of climbing over like he’d earlier planned, he found a small hole cut in the fence which he was able to fit through.

“Of course,” he mumbled as he got to the bin. “There always has to be a lock to complicate things.” he turned around electing to leave when he heard a crash inside. As curiosity grabbed hold, he grabbed a nearby rock and smashed the lock. He opened the garage door to find another door behind it. It was a sliding glass door with black construction paper stuck to it, making sure no light got inside of the room. As he opened the door a slim beam of light filtered in. he started searching for a light switch and found a pull cord right in front of the door. Nny looked around as his eyes adjusted to the light.

It looked like a replica of a small bedroom, sort of. There was a smashed TV on the floor, which is what he heard outside. There was a double bed frame with a mattress and no blankets positioned in the middle of the room. Laying on top of that bed, was the girl, he supposed. Her ankle was shackled to the bed frame which seemed to have been drilled into the floor. She was crying into her arms when Nny first noticed her.

“Umm…” was the best he could come up with to start a conversation. Well, not so much to start a conversation as to make his presence known. He felt wrong just watching her without her knowing he was.

She squeaked as she looked up. “Who… why… who are you?” she asked, her voice raspy and cold. Even from a distance, Johnny could make out her harsh features. She was too skinny to be very pretty, and she was covered in dirt. Her eyes were dark, coal back when put next to her pale white skin. Her hair was long from what he could tell and extremely tangled. She was wearing an oversized white T-shirt that almost completely covered her gym shorts.

“Umm… my name is Johnny, but all my friends call me Nny.” He said continuing to look around. The walls seemed to be padded to block out noise to the outside. There was a can on the floor by the bed and the top was laying beside it. “What’s your name?” He asked in a rather distracted tone.

“Sage Tanner.” she stood up and took a step closer to him. She was limping, keeping all her weight off the ankle with the shackle on it. Nny could see dried blood around the top and the bottom. Soon, he realized that was not the only place blood was leaking from. The knuckles of her left hand were bleeding badly. More dried blood was on her T-shirt and arms. “You’re…one of them aren’t you?” She asked trying to maintain her balance, but failing.

Nny jumped forward and caught her before she touched the ground. He felt as if there was a small flame that had just started up inside of him. As quick as it came, he dismissed it. “Well, whomever THEY are, I don’t believe I am one.” He released her as soon as she had her balance again.

“So then, why are you here? Not that I’m ungrateful if you’re here to rescue me, but not many people know about this place, unless you are one of them.” She said still not quite trusting him. She had no reason to trust anyone for that matter.

“Well Sage, I sincerely don’t believe I am one of them, and I guess I could get you out of here if you’d like. You seem like a decent enough person.” He said still distracted by the settings. A small metal safe situated in the far corner of the room had caught his attention. There was something lying next to it but he could tell for sure what it was.

“Well, gee… get out of this hell-hole of a place? Sounds like a nice idea. Look, it’s great what you’re trying to do, but he’ll find me. He will. I know it, and then things would be worse then ever.” She said with tears welling up in her eyes.

“What’s in the safe?” Nny asked paying little attention to the girl. He looked over at her after the question and she looked scared to death. “What’s in there?” wondering what could be so horrible.

“Please, no.” Sage whimpered. He didn’t look like one of them, but she couldn’t be sure yet. He seemed too young, but these corporate protégés could practically be 10-year-olds now days. Still, she trusted him for some reason. Still him going over there was a bad idea. But obviously, it didn’t matter now. “Stop, please- get me outta here.” she begged hoping to take his mind off the safe.

As he approached it, he realized what was lying on the floor was a human corpse, still bleeding from the neck. He looked over at the girl. “Your work?” he asked with a half-smile starting across his face.

“I had too. I couldn’t take it anymore. He was going to get in the safe and I… I killed him. He had it coming.” She said looking straight at Nny. She didn’t have an ounce of remorse in her eyes.

“Hmm…” he said as he kicked over the body. She had slit his throat with a piece of metal she had probably torn off the top of her bed. “Let’s get you out of here Sage, what do you say?”

She couldn’t believe this, he was actually going to help her. This was the day she had been dreaming about. But things were starting to get blurry and she crumpled to the ground before she could respond.