Johnny The Homicidal Maniac Fan Fiction ❯ Once More, With Feeling. ❯ Emotionless ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Sage awoke in a dingy lit living room, lying on the couch. There was a thin blanket thrown over her that was stained with something that look familiarly like blood. She sat up and immediately regretted it. She almost blacked out again, but she sat back, holding onto the armrest for support. She stood up (slowly) after a few minutes and looked around. “Hello?” she attempted to yell but her voice was raspy. She figured she had cried in her sleep again.

“Oh, hey- you’re awake.” Nny said as he walked into the living room with a bowl of ’skettios (( YAY! Skettios are good!)). He offered her his bowl but she declined. Truthfully, he was happy she was awake. He’d been thinking about her all though the day. “You slept for a long time. It’s almost midnight.” He said turning on the TV to make sure there would be no awkward silences.

“Where am I?” Sage asked sitting back down on the opposite end of the couch.

“Oh- my house. I figured you could stay with me for awhile. If you want to, that is. I could take you to a hotel or something, you know- if umm… you don’t like it here.” he said stumbling all over his words. What’s wrong with you? He thought to himself. You’ve only been like this once before, and that was… well- a long time ago. You got rid of that feeling- meaning THIS CANNOT BE IT!!! You’re almost purely emotionless and you’re not giving it all up for this… this girl!!!

“Here is fine I guess.” She said looking around. She started to say something else when she turned very pale. “Where is your bathroom, I really should shower, I’m sure I’m just a mess.” She said standing back up quickly. “Ow- goddamnit! My ankle- I forgot.” She said swiftly sitting back down.

Johnny picked her leg up gently and put it on his lap. He could see where she’d been pulling at the restraint it was bloody and the skin was pink and raw. It was badly bruised (but he noted that the rest of her body seemed pretty bruised too) and he wasn’t sure but he thought it might be broken. “Can you put any weight on it?” he asked placing her leg gingerly back on the floor.

“Yeah, I think a little.”

‘Okay,” Nny said while putting his arm around her as he helped her stand up (you’re just helping her stand up, it means nothing more) “Well, my bathroom is um… well… broken. All of it- so we’ll go next door. My friend lives over there and he’ll let you shower and we’ll fix that ankle up. I’m thinking it’s just sprained, but I’m not sure. Squee might be able to tell- I dunno.” He said as they limped to the door.

“Squee?” She asked raising her eyebrows.

“Yeah- Squee… it’s a long story.”

“Ah- okay…” And she left it at that. If she talked anymore, she thought she might faint again.

When Squee answered the door, Sage thought he looked a bit like Johnny. Around 15 now, he was tall and thin with black hair and pale skin. The only big difference between the boys was their eyes and some premature age lines on Nny.

“What’s up Nny?” He asked, perplexed at why Johnny had a live person with him, no matter how close on the verge of death she seemed. He was use to seeing Johnny’s fatalities once Nny was done (he had made the mistake of going down into the tunnel one time) and had gotten use to it, but he’d never been able to stomach what Nny would do to them while they were still alive. So why had he brought her here.

“Hey- is it okay if she uses your shower. Mines… broken.” He said, remembering when he’d first met Squee 5 years ago. It seemed like so much more.

“Yeah, sure I guess.” He said letting out a small chuckle. He didn’t mind having Nny come over, and he could now anytime. Squee’s parents had left early sometime last year, and never came back. Squee wasn’t too worried, and figured they’d forgotten they even had a son back at the house. Johnny had still been gone ‘finding himself’ or whatever when they left, so that eliminated him as their potential killer.

Squee got Sage a towel and they left her in the bathroom. They went back out to the living room. “Cherry Fiz-Wiz?” Squee asked heading to get one of his own.
“Yeah- sure.” Nny said sitting down on the sofa.

“So- those dead bodies still in your bathtub, huh?” Squee asked remembering the last time he’d been caused to ‘squee’ lately.

He laughed “Yeah, man- I should probably clean those up.” It was quite for a few minutes before anyone said anything.

“So- pardon my intrusion of privacy, and you don’t have to answer if you don’t want, but umm… why didn’t you…you know…” Squee trailed off as he handed him his soda.

Johnny shot him a glare, but if faded quickly as Nny remembered who he was dealing with. The one person who didn’t judge him, and really wasn’t that scared of him anymore. His expression turned thoughtful. “I dunno really, Squee. I found her chained up and she was really hurt and I think… I think I felt something. Compassion maybe. I’ve killed hundreds if not thousands of people but she seemed… different. Decent even, just tired, angry and scared, kind of like me I guess. I’m not sure if she trust me yet, and it’s probably better that way. She still might be in danger.” He said. He’d still been killing, just not as much. Just as a way to relieve some stress now and again. There were no voices anymore, since he had burned Rev. Meat about 2 months ago.

“So you’re telling me,” Squee said sitting up, “that this girl has made Mr. Emotionless feel something?” He said smiling and laughing.

“HEY!” Johnny said in the best manic voice, “I still know where you sleep and I can get in without you knowing.”

“squee…” escaped from his lips and Nny started to laugh. “Hey! That’s not fair- you’re dammed scary!” He yelled as he started to blush.

“Umm.. Hi” Sage said standing in the hall, using the wall to support her weight. The towel Squee had given her was wrapped around her several times, reminding Johnny just how skinny she really was. She looked different cleaned up. He could see how hollow her face was and her skin somehow seemed even paler. Translucent even. He felt a twinge in his chest, that in the end, he admitted, he must be feeling sorrow for this girl.