Johnny The Homicidal Maniac Fan Fiction ❯ Once More, With Feeling. ❯ First Freedom ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Squee decided that the ankle was most likely just sprained badly but said he’d keep an eye on it. They wrapped it up and started tending to her other wounds. She had a big bruise on the front of her stomach which Squee was the most concerned with. He thought it might be internal bleeding, and said Nny should keep a very close watch on it over the next few days. She had about 6 deep cuts on her back, with many shallow little ones surrounding them. Next, they tended to the gash on the side of her forehead. The last things they bandaged was her hand and both her arms. Most of the wounds on her arms seemed self inflicted and many of them were very deep.

“You’re lucky you didn’t damage the tendons in you right wrist too. The left wrist is almost completely severed.” Squee said pouring disinfectant into the wounds.

“Yeah- I guess so…” She said in a distant voice. She was very monotone, but she started to cry silently.

“Squee- let it go.” Nny whispered. Squee shook his head.

When they were done bandaging her up, Squee got Sage some of his clothing to wear. It looked overly big on her, and she was pretty sure that the pants might fall off, but for once she felt warm and comfortable. They left, telling Squee to bring over some Taco Smells later in the morning.

“Do you want to sit on the roof?” Nny asked opening the window. It was time for the sunrise almost and he really wanted her to see it.

“Umm… okay? How are we going to get me up there?” She asked thinking there was no way they’d fit her though that window in her condition.

“It’s okay, I’ll help you up.” He smiled his first genuine smile in a long time. She was very light and he easily pulled her up with one hand. She smiled at him, wondering why anyone would treat her so nicely. Especially a cute boy like himself. Sage knew he had to be older then her, but not too much. He was taller then her (which wasn’t hard since she only reached about 5’6”) with dark, cold eyes. They seemed almost emotionless. He was thin, and anything thought to be fat was more likely to be muscle. His hair was longer in the front and shorter in the back, tousled in a laid back manner. If she had a kind of guy she went for- he’d be her type.

“God Nny, this is beautiful,” she said looking up at the stars as they started to disappear.

“Yeah- I’ve always liked sitting up here.” He said looking up. He noticed she was still shivering out of the corner of his eye and handed her his coat.

“Thanks.” She said wrapping it around her. “Nny. Can I ask you a question?”

“Any-” Johnny stopped for a moment, reconsidering his answer, “… sure.”

“Why are you doing this all for me. You don’t even really know me. At all. I could be a horrid person and you wouldn’t know… so, why help me?” she asked tightening the coat around her.

He pondered over the question for a while. “Truthfully, I dunno. I’ve seen people suffer and felt nothing for them, but you made me feel something. I’ve wondered if maybe you were a bad person, being locked up and all, usually good people don’t find themselves in those types of sticky situations. I think I have a good idea of what they were doing to you in there?” He said looking over at her. She was looking back with a half smile that disappeared with his last question.

“Yes, they were…-” she started in a shaky tone before Nny interrupted.

“It’s okay. You shouldn’t have to relive that.” He said getting angrier every
minute. “They will pay for what they did to you. Every one of them. They’re sorry excuses for human beings, and you should know the entire world isn’t that way.” He growled, remembering the almost exact same speech he had with Squee some years back.

“Yeah? You’d do that for me?” Sage questioned in disbelief.

Nny smiled. “Come here. He said sliding back through the window, “I have something I want to show you.” He smiled again as he helped her back into the house.