JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Fan Fiction ❯ Dynamite and a laser beam ❯ Yoshihara Kira: Origin ( Prologue )

[ A - All Readers ]

It was a rainy Autumn evening. The moon shone down on the small town of Morioh-cho. It was a peaceful, quaint town, that had a small population. Most of the town's inhabitants were of the quirkless variant, and those who did have quirks became police officers. However, this is not a story about the town, far from it. This is the story about a child, who grew up to become the first-ever hero to come from the town.

"Ma'am, just one more push! Come on you can do this!" A doctor shouted as a black-haired woman laid back on a hospital bed. One of the doctors was allowing their hand to be held by the woman in question as she gave birth to a child.

"I-I can't! I can't do it!" The woman screamed as the head doctor looked at the woman.

"Come on, just one more push, the baby's almost out!" The doctor said as the woman, with all her might, pushed one last time and finally, the child came out.

The sound of loud, obnoxious crying could be heard all throughout the hospital room. "Congratulations ma'am, it's a healthy baby girl." The head doctor said as the woman began to cry. She didn't want to become a mother, hell, she was only 21 years old, and she had made massive mistakes before in her life. But this was the biggest mistake she had ever made. She couldn't get an abortion because it was far too expensive, and her family had disowned her.

The man who did this to her, he was going to pay for this one day. However, for now, she couldn't focus on that. "Ma'am, do you have a name for this child?" The Doctor asked as the woman left her depressive stupor. She looked directly into the doctor's eyes as a small smile crept onto her face.

"Yes, I do have a name in mind. Her name will be Yoshihara, and her last name will be the same as her fathers, Kira." The woman said as the doctor wrote the name down on the birth certificate.

"Very well. You realize that she can no longer change her name until marriage, are you alright with this?" The doctor said as the woman nodded. "Then that will be her name. Yoshihara Kira, welcome to this world." The doctor said as he placed the baby with the mother.

What was supposed to be a happy family life, quickly turned sour for the young Yoshihara Her mother was neglectful and refused to take care of her based on the sole principle of not wanting a child. To the mother of Yoshihara, her own daughter was a waste of time. Not to mention that they never were able to pay rent on time due to one glaring detail about Yoshihara's mother.

She was a hooker. Meaning not only were drugs a common occurrence, but there were several different partners a week. Some of them Yoshihara liked, some of them she hated. But most of the time, she hated them. She hated that her own mother would prioritize being a hooker over taking care of her child. It often made Yoshihara think about what life would be like if her father was around if she ever met her father, would life for her have changed? Or would it have been the exact same, just with another person being there?

However, the one thing that Yoshihara hated more than being neglected by her mother; was the way her mother verbally abused her, and how she allowed her partners to physically abuse her. Whenever her mother had a bad day, she would often berate her daughter, calling her a variety of unsavoury things to boost her own ego or belittle her accomplishments to make her feel worthless.

She would consistently allow any of her partners to beat her senseless whenever they had a bad day, even sometimes sexually assault her, or even molest her, knowing full well she was only 4 to 5 years old at the time. However, her mother either didn't care or had no idea how bad it got. To Yoshihara however, it truly seemed like she hadn't cared.

At this point in Yoshihara's life, she was only around 2 feet 4 inches tall. Her golden blonde hair was just below her shoulders, and her eyes were a radiant blue, same as her fathers, even though she had no idea what he looked like. However, her eyes were practically soulless. Void of emotion, compassion, or any semblance of hope. Her life was hell, and she believed that nothing in this world would ever save her.

However, the day her quirk activated, was when she could finally catch a break. It was only one week before the new semester at school. She had believed that she was quirkless, just like her mother, and the other children would mock her for not having a quirk, proper clothing, or meals. Another thing to add to the pile of things that Yoshihara hated.

It was a normal day at her household, if you could call it normal that is. Wake up, use the bathroom while trying to avoid any needles on the floor, find some form of clothing, usually a ripped up shirt and torn pants. Dig through the mountain of expired fast food to find one non-expired thing to eat, and watch TV for as long as she could to distract herself from the world around her.

She hadn't even noticed that her mother was having sexual intercourse on the dining room table with one of her clients. It wasn't like it bothered Yoshihara. She had already seen it enough times to know what it was. If it was one thing that she could even consider thanking her mother for, it was indirectly showing her how the human reproductive system worked, and even then, as a 5-year-old it was still hard to understand, but she got the basic idea of it.

Her house was a complete mess. The joint living room and dining room was cluttered with ruined and stained furniture, rotting food being left out, loose clothing remains of marijuana joints lying around. And that was just the living room/dining room. The kitchen was even worse. Festering with mould in every corner, dirty dishes piled up on top of each other. Wrappers and fast food bags everywhere, overflowing garbage bags, and the fridge was full of nothing but expired or non-perishable foods.

Yoshihara's only escape was the television. The cartoons distracted her from day to day life and often were a direct cause of a rare smile to form on her face.

As she watched the TV, she hadn't realized that the partner of the day had approached her. Yoshihara looked up at the man. He was tall, maybe around 6 feet tall. He was fit, and he had dark brown hair just barely hanging over his red coloured eyes. The man wore a black undershirt and baggy grey sweat pants. "Oi, runt, fetch me a beer from the fridge, I was told ya had some." The man said as Yoshihara went back to watching her show.

"Oi, bitch, did'cha hear me!" The man said as Yoshihara continued to ignore the man, in favour of watching her show, trying her best to distract herself from the world around her. That was until finally. "Ya know what you little shit! If you don't get me my fuckin' beer, then I'll beat'cha till ya fetch it for me!" The man shouted, raising his fist up in the air as it went to collide with Yoshihara's cheek.

The mother watched with a smirk on her face as the fist inched closer to Yoshihara's face. She held resentment towards the child due to her resembling the man who forced her into this position. Every time she saw Yoshihara get beat; she saw the man in her place. This time, however, it was different.

As the fist came closer and closer, Yoshihara closed her eyes, bracing for impact; but the impact never came. Instead, she opened her eyes to find that something was gripping onto the man's wrist. It was a hand, a hand that didn't belong to her, her mother, or the man. Rather, it was separate from everyone here. It wore a black fingerless glove, pink fingers poking out from the glove's finger slots. The glove extended all the way up to the elbow, and it had a weird wiry X design in the center of the long, elbow-length glove. Said X was littered with spikes travelling up to the cuff of the glove, which revealed a pink arm.

The entire arm itself was ghostly, but also solid at the same time. Almost like a ghost was protecting Yoshihara. The man was in shock, trying to get the hand to let go, but to no avail. Then, the next thing that happened shocked everyone. The hand *crushed* the man's wrist, nearly severing his handoff completely.

It was only then when the hand let go, causing the man to stumble back, screaming in pain as he did so. Yoshihara's mother was appalled and called an ambulance for the man, all the while shouting at Yoshihara, calling her a villain, a failure, and a useless child. However, Yoshihara didn't pay attention to a single word her failure of a mother said. She was too amazed by what she saw before her. It was almost like looking in a mirror.

The figure before her was slightly taller than her, but it had the same body proportions as Yoshihara. On both of its arms were matching elbow-length gloves. It wore a skirt with a massive medallion in the center of the skirt, covering up what Yoshihara believed to be its privates, despite the fact it had nothing to suggest it had any of those features. It wore boots that were the same style as its gloves, and it had two triangle-like points on its head, making it resemble a cat. Its eyes were a glowing red, with black sclera's and it had a faint outline of a mouth. To top it all off, the skin of the creature was pink.

When the man was taken to the hospital, Yoshihara's mother dragged her into her room and locked her inside, alone. At least, that was what she thought. Instead, she was alone with the ghost-like figure that saved her from getting hurt. Yoshihara didn't know what it was at first, so, she decided to ask the figure what it was.

Looking at the ghostly cat figure she spoke. "What a-are you?" It took a moment, but the figure walked over to the radio. Confused, Yoshihara watched as it pressed the play button. The radio roared to life as a voice sang. "She's a Killer Queen!" Then the figure pressed the pause button. Yoshihara arched an eyebrow then spoke again. "You're a Killer Queen?" She asked confused as the figure nodded, before doing a weird pose. Its arms overlapping one another as it stuck one foot out in front of the other. Its hands were formed in the shape of devil horns as Yoshihara stared at it confused before she began to giggle.

After a while of giggling, Yoshihara sighed, looking at the figure and smiled. "So your name is [Killer Queen]? Yoshihara asked as it nodded, going back to a normal standing position. Yoshihara walked up to [Killer Queen] and hugged it. For three whole years, her life was slowly getting better, with [Killer Queen] protecting her from the partners that her mother took in that wanted to hurt her. Over time, Yoshihara began staying with her friends more often instead of living with her mom.

One day, however, she didn't have a friend's place to stay at, so she went home for the day. However, when she got home, the house was surprisingly clean. All the cigarette buts were gone, the needles were now in toxic waste bags, and the dining room table was scrubbed clean from any stains that were on it. The couch was still ripped up, but there was nothing a person could do to fix it.

Then there was the kitchen. All the dishes were cleaned, and while the mould was still there, there was significantly less of it. Then, she finally noticed it. A man, probably around 6 feet tall was standing in the kitchen, cooking some sort of food. He wore a pink Valentino suit, his hair was golden blond, and his skin colour was tan, and he seemed like he was minding his own business. However, Yoshihara was still wary of the man. Sitting down on the living room couch, Yoshihara pulled out her binder and began doing her homework.

The man in the kitchen turned to grab a pair of plates when he saw Yoshihara doing her homework. A multitude of things began rushing through his head, but one of them alarmed him more than anything. 'Why does this kid look like me…' Deciding to ignore the last thought, he plated the food, all the while keeping an eye on the girl to make sure she hadn't noticed him when Yoshihara spoke.

"Are you one of mom's visitors… Do you want me to get you something to drink? You look thirsty." Yoshihara said as the man froze. After a few seconds, he finally spoke.

"No… I don't want anything to drink. What's your name, little girl?" The man asked as Yoshihara sighed. "My full name is Yoshihara Kira, but most people just call me Kira-chan," Yoshihara said the man's eyes widened.

'Could that kid be… no, that's impossible… I don't remember having any sexual interactions with a woman since I got drunk with my co-workers all those years ago… wait… could it be that… no… nevermind.' "Interesting. I like that name; it has a nice ring to it." The man said as he walked over to the girl and placed a plate of food down in front of her, confusing the girl.

"For me?" Yoshihara asked as the man nodded.

"Why not, you look hungry, besides, I made two servings." The man said as Yoshihara looked up at him. His eyes, they were her eye colour. Then again, she had seen a lot of people with blue eyes, so it wasn't a stretch that they could have the same eye colour.

Despite his cool demeanour, he was panicking internally. 'How did this happen?! I can't even remember what happened that day, that was eight years ago! I can just kill her, yeah… but… that would be pointless, no… chances are she doesn't even know who I am, judging on how she is acting, luck really is on my side.' The man thought as he watched Yoshihara eat, he shook his head and walked over to the dining room table. While he ate his food, he was trying to keep his new 'girlfriend' away from the view of the distracted girl.

Yoshihara ate silently while also working on her homework. The man took notice of her activities and decided now was a good time to leave. Getting up from the dining room chair, the man went to leave when Yoshihara spoke up. "Are you leaving already?" Yoshihara asked as the man stopped.

"Yes, I have to head for home." The man said as Yoshihara sighed.

"Can I at least know your name?" Yoshihara asked, looking up at the man who looked at the floor.

"Fine, but only my first name. My name is Yoshikage." The man said as Yoshihara smiled.

"It was nice meeting you Mr. Yoshikage. Will, I ever see you again?" Yoshihara asked as the man smirked.

"I am afraid not. But it was nice meeting you, have a good life." The man said, walking out of the house and closing the door behind him.

Three days would pass, and her mother was never around. Figuring that she had finally run away and abandoned her, Yoshihara started to pack a small bag. She was intending on running away. Having [Killer Queen] help her in packing her bag, she put three water bottles in the first pocket, several types of snacks in the second pocket, and a blanket in the last. After she finished packing her bag, she walked out of the front door of the house, which was a motel room on the edge of Morioh.

Letting out a hefty sigh, she began her journey to leave the small town of Morioh and headed towards the neighbouring city of Musutafu. Having no money, she couldn't call a cab. Her mother always had any money she made on her person at all times, usually to buy drugs or breast implants. This meant she would have to either hitch-hike, or she would have to walk.

Yoshihara knew the dangers of hitch-hiking, leaving her the only other option, walking. The first day had passed, and Yoshihara had already gone through half her supplies. Her only place to sleep was a lone bus stop on the border of Morioh and the long fields that stretched on for hours.

As she slept, [Killer Queen] guarded her against any animals who saw her as a potential meal, and other people who saw a helpless girl waiting to be kidnapped. Another day passed and finally, she had made it to a small suburb. She had completely run out of food and water and she was tired. Walking a few more feet, she passed out in front of a house.

The next thing she knew, Yoshihara was waking up, feeling a soft, bed-like feeling underneath her. In front of her was an ash blond-haired boy who was sitting on a chair. He was roughly the same height as her, if not a tad taller, perhaps maybe 3'11 to her 3'8. His eyes were a ruby red, and his facial expression was one of boredom. He wore blue overalls with a blue and white striped shirt underneath. The most glaring detail about the boy was that his hair was rather spikey, almost like an explosion.

The boy noticed she was waking up and stood up, walking away while shouting. "OI! MOM! THE KID YOU FOUND IS AWAKE!" The loud shouting gave Yoshihara a headache, but more importantly than that, she was confused. 'How did I get here, when did I get here?'

Her questions were answered when an ash blonde-haired woman appeared, walking out of a doorway. She shared many similarities to the boy from before, aside from the rather obvious boobs, it was like the same person duplicated themselves, only older, taller, maybe around 5'11, and female. She wore a pink shirt and black jeans. Her facial expression was that of worry as she looked at Yoshihara.

"Oh my, you poor thing. I saw you passed out in front of my house when I came home. I'm surprised the neighbours didn't help you, but that's beside the point, my name is Mitsuki Bakugo. What's your name?" The now introduced Mitsuki said as Yoshihara stayed silent for a few seconds before speaking.

"M-My name is Yoshihara Kira…" Yoshihara said as the woman's eyes widened.

'Little bro never said he had a daughter, unless he wasn't aware of it, knowing him, that's most likely the case.' Mitsuki thought as Yoshihara continued to speak.

"I ran away from home, my mother would hurt me, and she would bring home many other people who would hurt me as well… But recently, she hasn't been home, and I bet she doesn't care about me enough to come looking for me. So I ran away from my home in Morioh and I came to Musutafu to hopefully find a place to stay. If I had known who my father was, I'd be with him, but I never met him." Yoshihara said, much to Mitsuki's shock.

"Oh my, you poor thing. How about this, you can live with us, what do you think about that?" Mitsuki said as Yoshihara nodded, her eyes becoming watery as Mitsuki smiled. "It's funny, my maiden name is Kira, so that means you must be my niece. I don't know if my brother knows that you exist, Hell, I'd be surprised if he even remembers me. That man is so busy, but I'm losing track. Welcome home, Yoshihara. Make yourself comfortable." Mitsuki said, receiving a hug and a wet shoulder from Yoshihara.

Mitsuki felt bad for her. 'Knowing what she's been through, this must be the first bit of affection she's ever received. Poor thing…' Mitsuki thought as she patted Yoshihara on the back. "It's ok, I'm here for you, let it all out." Mitsuki hummed as the boy from earlier stood in the doorway of the living room. Despite his annoyed look, he too also felt bad for the girl. "Momma, who's that girl?" The boy asked as Mitsuki looked at him. "Oh, Yoshihara, can you look at me for a second?" Mitsuki asked as Yoshihara lifted her head from Mitsuki's shoulder and looked at her. "Look over there, you see that boy over there?" Mitsuki asked, pointing at the boy in the doorway.

"Y-Yeah…" Yoshihara said as Mitsuki smiled slightly.

"That's your cousin, his name is Katsuki. Katsuki, come here and meet your cousin, Yoshihara." Mitsuki said as Katsuki slowly approached her. Once he was in front of her, Katsuki spoke.

"What's your quirk? I bet it isn't as good as mine." Katsuki said with a smug attitude, only to be slapped by Mitsuki.

"Oi brat, don't say stuff like that, I'm sure whatever her quirk is, it's the same as anyone else's, that includes yours," Mitsuki said as Yoshihara formed a small smile on her face.

"I-It's ok Ms. Bakugo…" Yoshihara said as Mitsuki sighed.

"Dearie, please just call me Auntie," Mitsuki said as Yoshihara nodded.

"Ok, Auntie, I'll show you my quirk. [Killer Queen]." Yoshihara said as it appeared behind her. Katsuki and Mitsuki stared at it in awe as Katsuki spoke up.

"Wow, it's so cool! What can it do?" Katsuki asked as Yoshihara shrugged.

"I don't know. It protects me for the most part when I'm in danger. Also, whenever it punches, it shouts 'Shibo'. It's really silly, but also cool." Yoshihara said as Mitsuki smiled.

"That's a very nice quirk Yoshihara. But can you please put it away?" Mitsuki asked as Yoshihara nodded, [Killer Queen] disappearing from sight.

Mitsuki then looked at the clock above the couch and sighed. "Well, it's nearly supper time, what do you want to eat Yoshihara?" Mitsuki asked as Yoshihara shrugged before speaking.

"Anything… I'm really hungry. I haven't eaten for a whole day…" Yoshihara stated as Mitsuki stood up.

"Well, it's settled. How about Taki Udon?" Mitsuki asked as both children nodded. "Good, I'll get to making it. Katsuki, when Dad gets home, introduce Yoshihara to him will you?" Mitsuki asked as Katsuki huffed.

Yoshihara looked up at the clock, it was 5:30 pm. She didn't know when she arrived in the neighbourhood, but she knew it wasn't that late, it was maybe 12:25 pm assuming how the sun was positioned when she arrived. She was surprised to know that she had been asleep for five hours.

The evening continued on as normal for the Bakugo household, now with one extra family member. When Masaru Bakugo, Mitsuki's husband, got home; Katsuki introduced him to Yoshihara, as he said he'd do. In turn, Masaru introduced himself to Yoshihara and welcomed her to the household. After dinner, she was shown around the house, which was a massive improvement from her old living environment.

The living room was clean, and it was much more organized. There was a 35-inch flat-screen TV in the living room, a glass coffee table, and several family photos, along with school pictures decorating the walls. The kitchen was fused with the dining room, and the kitchen itself was also clean, with no mould, no piles of dirty dishes, and no stains on the dining room table.

Then there were the bedrooms, she hadn't known what her aunts' bedroom looked like, but the one she was staying in, that being the guest bedroom, was also very clean. It had a double-sized bed with blue sheets and a red puffy blanket. Two pillows, and an actual frame. It was far better than sleeping on a stain covered couch, which was how she lived for almost all her life. Her room also had two bookshelves filled to the brim with books, and manga. Along with that, she had her own desk for working and several empty dressers.

Yoshihara couldn't believe what she had stumbled upon, it was true, luck was truly on the side of Yoshihara Kira. After the tour around the house, Marasu wanted to take a family photo. Everyone sat on the couch as Masaru set up a camera in front of said couch. From right to left, it was Mitsuki, Katsuki, Yoshihara, and one spot open for Masaru at the very end. Once the camera was set up, Masaru set a timer for 5 seconds as he rushed over to the couch, sitting beside Yoshihara. After sitting down on the couch, Masaru told everyone to smile, to which everyone did. The picture was taken and printed out.

"That's an amazing photo, I'll get it framed in the morning," Masaru said as Yoshihara looked at it, a smile filling her face as she gazed at the picture. Underneath the photo in small bold kanji, it said: Welcome to the family: Yoshihara Kira.

This is the story, of how Yoshihara Kira became one of the first heroes that came from the small town of Morioh.

-To Be Continued-