JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Fan Fiction ❯ Dynamite and a laser beam ❯ The Kira Dilemma ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Life can sometimes throw you for a loop. Whether it be intentional, or on complete accident. However, this was completely intentional. Despite the fact, Yoshihara never knew who or what her father was, she felt like she just got slapped in the face with a wet fish. Her father, the person who was supposed to be a man who would help take care of her; was a cold-blooded serial killer! Not to mention, the name Yoshikage seemed familiar to her. That was when it hit her, Yoshikage was the name of the man who had cleaned up that shitty motel, the man who made her that food, and the man who said they'd never see each other again.

She already met her father, and she didn't even know it. And the worst part about it was; he killed her mother. Even if she was a horrible human being who abused her, it was still horrible to know. Yoshihara couldn't help but look down at her hands as she began to think. 'I'm a product of a man who hurt, killed, and mutilated others… I'm the daughter of a monster.' Yoshihara thought as she looked back up at Mitsuki. Her aunt looked just as upset as she was, meaning this was also a new revelation to her as well.

Then there was Katsuki, whose facial expression was completely stoic, and unreadable. It was impossible to figure out what he was thinking, or why he was thinking it. Then, Katsuki spoke. "How many people did he kill, and why?" Katsuki said, his tone of voice oozing with malice as he glanced over at Yoshihara, making her flinch. Mitsuki sighed, wiping a tear from her eye as she began to speak.

"My brother, he killed over 49 women and one male high school student. He killed the women to satisfy his damnable hand fetish, and he killed the high school student for figuring out who he was and what he did. But… he's not alive anymore. He died, thanks to a couple of vigilantes and the Speedwagon Foundation, he was defeated, and he would've been arrested if it had not been for an ambulance running him over." Mitsuki said as Katsuki scoffed.

"Well, I guess we know why Yoshihara over here is a complete weirdo, her families full of fuck ups. Her mom, her dad, and now look at her. She's a complete and total wreck. The child of a hooker and a serial killer. I knew she was a screw up from the beginning, but this just slams the nail into the coffin. You'll never be a hero. Simply because you're destined to be a screw-up." Katsuki said, a sly smirk appearing on his face as he crossed his arms.

Katsuki was known for saying things that got under people's skin, and he did so intentionally. However, those people would usually not do anything because they were either scared of him, or because they were quirkless. Yoshihara was neither of those archetypes. The moment Katsuki finished speaking, [Killer Queen] appeared in front of Katsuki and grabbed him by the neck, lifting him up into the air as the quirk's eyes stared directly into his.

The look in Yoshihara's eyes when he glanced over at her was filled with murderous intent as she spoke. "Don't you ever… speak about my father in front of me… ever again!" Yoshihara shouted, [Killer Queen] throwing Katsuki to the floor as Yoshihara ran off to her room, [Killer Queen] disappearing as she ran. The loud slam of her bedroom door echoed throughout the house as Mitsuki glared daggers at Katsuki.

"You know what, there are times when I believe that you were a mistake Katsuki, but this, this just proves I was right," Mitsuki said, walking off to go speak with Yoshihara, leaving Katsuki by his lonesome.

Mitsuki walked up the stairs and reached Yoshihara's room. From the outside of the door, she could hear soft crying from the other side. She felt horrible, even if it wasn't her fault, she still felt responsible for what Katsuki had said.

Mitsuki knocked on her door, waiting for a response. After a few seconds of waiting, she got no response at all, instead, she decided to open the door. Yoshihara was sitting on her bed, back against the wall as she sat in the fetal position, crying into her knees. Mitsuki felt her heart shatter at seeing this. For seven whole years, Yoshihara hadn't cried like this since she was first brought into the house. Seeing her like this made Mitsuki want to cry as well.

Closing the door behind her, Mitsuki walked up to Yoshihara and sat beside her. Placing a hand on her, she gently rubbed her back as she began to calm Yoshihara down. "It's ok, I know what Katsuki said was downright horrible, but none of what he said was true, in my eyes, you can still be a hero," Mitsuki said as Yoshihara's crying slowed into sobs. She looked up from her legs, her eyes were red from all the crying she did, and her cheeks were stained with tears.

"N-No… he's right…" Yoshihara said as Mitsuki looked shocked, arching her eyebrow, she looked at Yoshihara and stared her in the eyes. "Why would you believe that?" Mitsuki asked as Yoshihara looked away before letting out a stuttered sigh. "I-I c-can't be a hero… I killed t-three people. T-They tried to… tried to…" Yoshihara started, her body shaking as more tears welled up in her eyes. Mitsuki was now confused, but also a little concerned.

"What did they try to do to you, Yoshihara. You can tell me." Mitsuki said, her tone of voice lowered to a comforting, motherly tone as Yoshihara wiped the tears in her eyes.

"T-They tried to force m-me into h-having s-sex with one of them w-while t-they filmed. [Killer Queen] e-ended up killing a-all three of them, a-and I ran away." Yoshihara said as Mitsuki's eyes widened in shock and disgust.

"They tried to what?! Look, Yoshihara, you defended yourself from people who tried to rape you. Meaning it was completely justifiable. Now, if you said it was a random group of people on the street, then we would have an issue, but these people went out of their way to hurt you and scar you for life. They more than deserved it. How long ago was this?" Mitsuki said as Yoshihara let out a trembled sigh.

"A-A year a-ago…" Yoshihara stated, causing Mitsuki's eyes to widen in shock.

"You didn't tell me for a year, because you thought I was gonna get mad at you, right?" Mitsuki asked as Yoshihara nodded. "Well, I am mad, mad you didn't tell me sooner!" Now it was Yoshihara's turn to be shocked.

"B-But I'm a m-murderer! I'm just l-like my dad a-and-"

"No, Yoshihara, no you're not. Those people wanted to hurt you. Yoshikage killed because he wanted to. You did out of necessity. There is a total difference. You are not like Yoshikage, and you will never be like Yoshikage." Mitsuki said as Yoshihara looked at Mitsuki, tears forming in her eyes, but not out of sadness or frustration, out of happiness.

Yoshihara hugged Mitsuki as the older woman smiled. "It's ok. You don't have to be upset. Now, you can stay up here if you want and I'll bring you your supper when it's ready, ok?" Mitsuki said as Yoshihara lifted her head from Mitsuki's shoulder as she nodded. Mitsuki smiled as she hugged Yoshihara. "You know. You really are like the daughter I never had." Mitsuki said as Yoshihara smiled.

"T-Thank you… Auntie." Yoshihara said as the older woman gave the teen a kiss on the forehead.

"You're welcome Yoshihara," Mitsuki said as she walked out of the room. As Mitsuki walked down the stairs, she failed to notice that Katsuki was standing in earshot of the conversation. Did he feel bad after what he heard? No, but was he pissed off that Yoshihara didn't say anything about how she was nearly raped? Yes. Yes, he was. But he wasn't going to confront her on it.

Despite what he said to her in the kitchen, Katsuki still cared about her and wanted her to live her best life. But he also wanted to make sure that no one got in his way in being the number one pro hero. But that would have to wait. Katsuki walked back downstairs and sat on the couch, thinking about what his mother said to him. It bothered him a tiny bit, but he really didn't care about what the hag said about him. He wasn't gonna let anything get in his way of being the number one hero. Not even his cousin.

Several months passed, and it was the last day of school at Aldera Junior High. Yoshihara was still upset about learning about her father. However, she masked her emotions through rigorous studying. Katsuki and Yoshihara refused to talk to one another, as there was bad blood between them, however, that didn't mean neither of them hadn't cared for the other, and as a result, they still helped each other from a distance.

She also distanced herself from Izuku so that she could focus on her studies. She wanted to get into Yuuei with the best grades possible so that they would see her academics as well. If she was going to the school meant for the best, she wanted to be part of the best, and not just some 'side character' as Katsuki called it.

Due to it being the last day of school, everyone was allowed to do anything they wanted to, so long as they cleaned up after themselves. So, Yoshihara wanted to see if Izuku wanted to talk; she felt bad for alienating herself from him, so this was her chance to make it up to him. After all, she didn't want him to think that she was ditching him, or not wanting to be his friend.

After searching for a while, she found Izuku sitting all by his lonesome on a bench in the cafeteria. But before she could make it over to him, she was stopped by four different boys. From right to left, they were all maybe 5'11, and they all looked fairly strong. The one on the right had brown hair, the two in the middle were twins, both having black hair, and the one on the left had natural orange hair.

"You must be Yoshihara Kira. We've heard a lot about you. How you're father was a serial killer, and how you wanted to try to be a hero." The one with brown hair said as Yoshihara was baffled. 'How did they know about him? Who could've told them?!' That's when it hit her. Katsuki. Before she could say anything, she was punched in the face by the orange-haired boy.

She hit the floor back first as blood ran down her mouth. She could taste her own blood, meaning that it was powerful enough to bruise her gums. She tried to stand up when then, one of the twins slammed their foot into her gut. The force alone was enough to wind someone, but that wasn't all. The boy must've had a strength-enhancing quirk, as the attack caused a loud *cracking* sound to echo in the hall. When the blow hit, blood launched out of her mouth, and not a tiny amount either, it was a lot.

The group of boys didn't stop their attack as they kept kicking her. In the stomach, chest, even face. She felt her consciousness leaving her body as she heard one of the boys speak. "You're such a failure, you have one of the strongest quirks in this school and you won't defend yourself!? What a fucking joke. When we're done here, you're gonna be a fucking cripple." One of the blondes said as Yoshihara started drifting off.

That was when she saw Katsuki, watching in the distance. His expression was that of disgust as he walked away. That was when Yoshihara snapped. 'He did this. He told them. He made them come after me.' "THAT BASTARD!" Yoshihara shouted as [Killer Queen] came out, slamming its right fist into one of the blondes' faces. A loud cracking noise could be heard as the force of the punch sent him flying into one of the walls behind him. The orange-haired boy whipped out a switchblade and slashed at [Killer Queen]'s arm, the same wound appearing on Yoshihara's arm. However, that did nothing to stop the quirk. Grabbing the orange-haired boy by the head, [Killer Queen] slammed him into the ground and dragged him across the floor before then slamming him into the wall beside him. The other two were shocked at the sheer violence that the quirk showed.

Yoshihara was slowly starting to stand herself up, despite the pain aching all throughout her body, the adrenaline was what was keeping her going. The other blond-haired boy ran forward, his eyes full of anger as he charged at Yoshihara, only to be intercepted by a low powered explosive bubble from [Killer Queen] as it blew up in his face, sending him flying into the cafeteria. The last one standing was the black-haired boy.

"W-We're sorry! P-Please, spare me!" The boy said as Yoshihara glared at him. A dark fire was in her eyes.

"You think… for one second… I'm gonna spare you… You wish!" Yoshihara said as [Killer Queen] rushed at the boy, sending a flurry of punches his way.

[SHIBOBOBOBOBOBOBOBOBOBOBOBOBOBOBOBOBOBOBOBOBOBOBOBOBOBOBOBOBOBOBOBO! SHIBO!]

With the final blow, the black-haired boy was sent flying into one of the open lockers as it closed shut once he got in. Yoshihara was panting, her breath was laboured as the adrenaline was wearing off. Her vision became hazy, her hearing became selective, and just as someone said something, she lost consciousness.

Yoshihara woke up in the medical room of the school. She felt like she had been hit with a bag of hammers. She had a headache, and she knew that she was going to get into trouble. As she sat up, she looked at her hands. They didn't look scuffed up from the fight, granted she didn't do any actual punching, but she did have a cut on her arm. She looked at where the wound was and was surprised to have it not be there.

'What's going on?' Yoshihara thought as she looked around the room to try and find the doctor. To her surprise and confusion, instead of finding a doctor, she found a teenager, maybe slightly older than her with a large purple pompadour. His outfit was that of a school uniform, however, it was different in the sense that it was a purplish colour instead of the usual black. The front of his uniform was open and he had two different style pins on either side of his chest. One was a peace sign, and the other was a heart, both made out of gold and on his collar, he had two sailor anchor-like designs on either side.

Yoshihara had no idea who this boy was, but she wondered if he was responsible for her healed condition. "Hey, who're you?" Yoshihara asked as the boy's head shot up, looking directly at Yoshihara as he stood up.

"Oh, good, you're awake. I'm sorry for showing up on such short notice. My name is Josuke Higashikata! It's a pleasure to meet you… Kira-san." Josuke said. He bowed; although his face was that of discomfort.

"Oh, hi Higashikata-san. Uh, you look uncomfortable. Is everything alright?" Yoshihara asked as Josuke sighed.

"Well, you see. How do I say this without sounding insensitive? I was one of the people who helped defeat Yoshikage-"

"I'd rather not hear his name, please and thank you. I know what you're saying." Yoshihara interrupted.

"I thought you would be angry that I… ya 'know…" Josuke said, standing up with a confused expression.

"Honestly. I never met him. And I'm glad I didn't. But now here's my question. How do you know who I am?" Yoshihara asked bluntly as Josuke sighed.

"I was invited to go to Yuuei by the principal, who noticed my heroic deeds back in Morioh-cho. As for how I know your name, that was my nephew's doing. He knew you lived here and he wanted me to watch you. He said and I quote: 'Just in case we have another serial murderer on our hands.' Believe me, I was more than uncomfortable about the way he said it." Josuke explained as Yoshihara let out an annoyed sigh.

"Whatever. Although, I have to ask, how did you heal me?" Yoshihara asked as Josuke smirked.

"Oh, yeah. I used my Stand, [Crazy Diamond]." Josuke said as a humanoid figure appeared beside Josuke. Its skin was pink, and it was rather muscular. It was covered in diamond-like armour and it wore a helmet of the same colour. On its neck were wires that seemingly looked out of place. On its knees and elbows were diamond-like heart motifs, same as its chin.

"Wait… Stand? Don't you mean quirk?" Yoshihara asked as she summoned her [Killer Queen] making Josuke flinch.

"Whoa! You have [Killer Queen]?! How is that possible! That was his Stand!" Josuke said baffled as [Killer Queen] created a bubble from its finger index. Josuke looked at the bubble confused as he arched his eyebrow.

"Wait… How can it do that? Also. I just realized, yours looks different… I'm sorry, but your stand is called [Killer Queen] right?" Josuke asked as Yoshihara nodded.

"Yeah. I named it after the Queen song by the same name. Why, did my dad have this 'Stand'?" Yoshihara asked as Josuke sighed.

"Yes, and no. You see, his [Killer Queen] could turn anything it touched into bombs. I've never seen it create bubbles out of its fingertips before…" Josuke said as then, the bubble exploded. Albeit it was small and quiet.

"Yeah, my [Killer Queen] can create small explosive bubbles and it can also create these small little tank things that I called [Sheer Heart Attack]. They kinda just follow anyone I want them to target and explode. I can create different sized ones, including one that's the size of a car. It's pretty cool actually." Yoshihara said as Josuke sighed.

"Ok. But does it have an ability called [Bites The Dust]?" Josuke asked, his expression turning serious.

"Uh. Bites the what now? Last I checked, no. And if It did, I don't know cause I've never seen [Killer Queen] use it. Let alone even know what it looks like." Yoshihara said as Josuke nodded.

"Ok… good. I'm not gonna say what it is, but it's good that you don't have it. Anyway, I'll catch ya around, maybe. I have to go to my cousins. He'll get worried if I don't get home in time." Josuke said as he walked away, leaving Yoshihara alone.

A few minutes later and Izuku came into the hospital room. He looked worried as he saw Yoshihara getting ready to leave. "Kira-chan! Are you ok?!" Izuku asked as the golden blond teen smiled.

"Yeah, I'm fine Midoriya. Thank you for asking." Yoshihara said, making Izuku sigh with relief.

"I'm so glad that Josuke was able to help you. He's my cousin by the way." Izuku said as Yoshihara's jaw dropped.

"W-What?! He is! You guys don't look remotely similar!" Yoshihara said as Izuku rubbed the back of his head.

"Well, my mom is his mom's step-sister, so in reality, he's my step-cousin, but yeah, we aren't related by blood if that was what you're thinking," Izuku said as Yoshihara sighed.

"That makes more sense. But anyway, I wanted to apologize for not hanging out or talking with you over these past few months. I was so focused on my studies and-"

"It's ok, really it is! I was busy as well, so I think we're even." Izuku interrupted, shaking his hands in the air as Yoshihara smiled.

"Well, I'm sure your cousin is waiting for you, so let's get going," Yoshihara said as Izuku nodded. Since Yoshihara didn't bring her backpack today, she walked out of the room with Izuku; the pair exiting the building as the nurses' office was right near the school's entrance.

When Yoshihara exited the building, she not only saw Josuke, but she also saw Katsuki. When she made eye contact with her cousin, her blood boiled. "Oi, Katsuki. You have three seconds to tell me why the fuck those bastards knew who my dad was, and why they attacked me." Yoshihara said, fighting the urge to summon [Killer Queen] and wipe the floor with him, gritting her teeth as she did so.

"Alright, you wanna know, I'll tell ya. You know how I have a journal, right?" Katsuki said as Yoshihara tilted her head in confusion. "Whatever, anyway. I was writing in my journal and those extras wanted to look through it. They found a page when I wrote it down. That's how they found out. Now if you don't mind untwisting your panties, let's get home." Katsuki said as he walked away. Yoshihara sighed, waving to Izuku and Josuke as she followed Katsuki home.

Josuke and Izuku looked at each other before shrugging, starting their journey home. As Josuke and Izuku walked together, Josuke looked at Izuku with a smirk. "So, how's your training with that guy going?" Josuke said as Izuku sighed.

"It's going great, I have to go to Dagaoh beach in two hours, so if you want, we can play Mario Kart for a bit when we get home," Izuku said as Josuke smirked. "You bet! The first one home gets to be player 1!" Josuke said, getting a head start on the greenette as Izuku's eyes widened.

"HEY, NO FAIR!"

- To Be Continued.

A.N: So yeah, I decided to bring Josuke into the mix. I know I said that Yoshihara would be the only Stand user, but I decided against it because I believed that Josuke would help Yoshihara out more then Izuku would since Josuke actually fought Yoshikage. Anyway, with that being said, I'll see you all in the next chapter… peace out!