JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Fan Fiction ❯ Dynamite and a laser beam ❯ Yuei's Entrance Exam ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Six months had passed. The events of Aldera Junior high were still fresh in the mind of Yoshihara, and it haunted her. She would always think about 'what if' scenario's, each ending in horribly gruesome fates for her, and it was all Katsuki's fault. It was his fault for letting them read about her father, his fault for causing the fight to break out, and his fault for not helping her.

Due to this, neither of them spoke to each other. The two cousins who used to be inseparable, driven apart because of one's greed to be the number one hero. It had dawned on Yoshihara that Katsuki was always an asshole towards her, and while they would fight a lot, it never resulted in one using information that was entrusted to them as a weapon against the other.

The feud had gotten so bad, that they refused to be in the same room as each other. They wouldn't even eat at the same table, which drove a wooden shaft into the once peaceful family life in the Bakugo household. However, one night, it had gotten so bad that Mitsuki had to step in.

What was the fight about? It was something that was a forbidden topic in the household. The abuse to which Yoshihara had suffered in her early life. The night was as normal as it got for the family. Yoshihara was sitting in the living room, eating her food and watching TV while everyone else ate in the dining room. Mitsuki had made it known to Masaru that Katsuki was grounded from the TV and his phone for three years due to the stunt he pulled.

Despite Masaru claiming that it was an overreaction, both Yoshihara and Mitsuki saw it as a reasonable punishment. When Katsuki was going up to his room after finishing his meal, he had walked past Yoshihara while she ate, and while normally Katsuki would let her be, he decided to call her a name that she was only called by those who intended to harm her. It was a trigger word of sorts, and while Katsuki had no idea the amount of pain that name caused Yoshihara, he still said it with a smug smirk on his face.

"Yo, Yoshi, why haven't ya finished yet?" Katsuki said as Yoshihara's eyes widened. Under normal circumstances, Yoshihara wouldn't have cared. Because under normal circumstances she wouldn't have been put through the abuse that she went through. However, the name 'Yoshi' was always given to her by those who molested her at a young age. Now granted, she had no idea if Katsuki knew what that name meant to her, but at that moment and time, all logic and reasoning flew out the window.

It was almost instant. [Killer Queen] had grabbed Katsuki by the neck and slammed him into the wall. Masaru and Mitsuki both heard that name being said, and both of them knew what was about to happen. So, without hesitation, the two rushed out into the living room.

Masaru was in charge of getting the Cat-like quirk's attention away from Katsuki. Which was rather simple, as [Killer Queen] had cat-like urges, so he used a laser pointer to distract it, and made it let go of Katsuki. Mitsuki was in charge of calming down the angered Yoshihara, which proved to be far harder than normal.

The situation finally de-escalated and Mitsuki forced both teens to sit down onto the couch. She was sick of this. "Alright, this has to end. This stupid fucking feud has to end now, or so help me god." Mitsuki said, glaring at the both of them. She first looked at Yoshihara and sighed. "Look, I'm sure Katsuki had no idea about 'that word' being a trigger word for you, right?" Mitsuki said, side glancing at Katsuki, who nodded and spoke up.

"Yeah… I. I'm sorry," Bakugo said, grumbling out the apology as Yoshihara sighed.

"Yeah, sure you are," Yoshihara muttered as Mitsuki pinched the bridge of her nose.

"Look, if you two do not sort this out by next week, I will prohibit both of you from going to Yuuei. I don't care how long you've studied; I don't care how much effort you put in training; I don't care. This. Has. To. Stop. You guys are causing more trouble than needed, and I for one, am reaching my limit when it comes to this. You two are lucky I haven't kicked you two out of the house because of this shit." Mitsuki said, glaring at both of them.

There was a long pregnant pause between Mitsuki's rant, and Yoshihara and Katsuki taking in the information. The two cousins sighed simultaneously and looked at each other, saying the same thing at the same time. "I'm sorry for being a little shit these past few months, and I promise to never bother you again. Idiot." The cousins said as Mitsuki sighed.

"Thank you, you two. I just didn't want this to continue into adulthood, ok? Now, you guys need to rest up, the test is in a week, and I'm sure you guys have last-minute preparations." Mitsuki said as the two cousins walked to their rooms, the bad blood between them slightly resolved, but it remained.

- 1 week later –

Yoshihara always wondered what it was like to be super early to a special event. Now was the time when she got to experience that feeling, and she hated it. The Yuuei test building was practically empty, and the written exam was easy. Yoshihara was surprised at how easy it was. Then again, to her credit, she had slaved away studying every topic for hours on end, so that had to have something to do with it. She was one of the first people to finish the test, and since everyone was off waiting for the next test, Yoshihara decided to explore the building a bit.

There wasn't much about this place that interested her, other than the fact that there were several posters of heroes, nothing about it was different from a normal testing building. After a while of wandering around the building, she really had to use the bathroom. She searched around, trying to find a bathroom. Eventually, she found one. She stepped into the girls' washroom, However, much to her chagrin, all the stalls were taken. She grumbled to herself as she leaned beside a sink.

There was a mirror facing her, as she gazed into the mirror, she stared off into her own eyes, thinking about past events. That was when she felt a cold chill run up her spine. Then, she heard a chillingly calm voice speak out to her. "I regret many things in my life… one of them was never getting a chance to meet you, my daughter." The voice said as she stepped back and shook her head, only to then see a reflection of a man staring at her. His blue eyes were hazed over, his face adorned with many cracks and scars, and his hair was white and black, striped like a zebra.

Yoshihara screamed before dashing out of the restroom. Her heart was beating rapidly, and she felt as if she was on the verge of a heart attack. That reflection wasn't hers… rather, it was someone else's. They looked so familiar, yet so distant at the same time. She didn't have time to think about it as she heard a familiar voice call out to her. "Kira-Chan!" Yoshihara quickly turned around to see Midoriya waving at her as she smiled.

"Hey, Midoriya-kun! How are you doing?" Yoshihara said as her heartbeat slowed down to a normal pace.

"Oh… I just finished the written exam; I was just wandering around the place and I saw you rushing out of the bathroom, are you ok?" Midoriya asked as Yoshihara sighed.

"Yeah, I'm fine… just got spooked," Yoshihara admitted as Midoriya sighed.

"Well, the combat exam is about to start, we should get going." Just as Izuku said that the announcements came on as a tired voice spoke.

"Everyone who is here for the Yuuei entrance exam please report to the room marked 'testing room' and filter into the testing grounds. The combat exam will begin shortly thereafter." The voice said as Izuku and Yoshihara nodded to each other, the pair heading towards the 'testing grounds' as it was called.

The pair that consisted of Yoshihara and Izuku walked down to the testing room. As they lined up for the combat exam, Izuku and Yoshihara were both given stickers. Yoshihara's was placed over her chest and it read: Participant 8129. She scoffed, the number didn't matter to her, all she cared about was getting into Yuuei at this point. Once she entered into the crowd that consisted of thousands of people, she glanced around the room. Izuku was somehow now sitting beside Katsuki, and Yoshihara was a few spots down.

'Huh, I wonder why he still talks to the blond prick… eh, not any of my business.' Yoshihara thought as she sighed, waiting for the combat exam to begin. That was when a man with a very peculiar hairstyle came out on stage. It looked like something you'd see on a cockatiel, not a grown man. He wore a leather jacket that had thick pads on his shoulders, a giant metal speaker was around his neck, and he wore baggy black dress pants. As for footwear, he had massive black boots that looked two sizes too big.

Overall, the man looked like an eccentric prick. Yoshihara looked at him with a confused stare as the man began to speak. "HELLO YOUNG LISTENERS! WELCOME TO THE YUUEI COMBAT EXAM! CAN I GET A HEY!" The crowd was deathly silent. Yoshihara covered her mouth to hide a giggle as the man looked unfazed by the silence. "TOUGH CROWD HUH, OH WELL. THE COMBAT PORTION OF THE EXAM IS SIMPLE! ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS TO DISPATCH OF AS MANY VILLAINS AS YOU POSSIBLY CAN, WHICH ARE SUBSTITUEDED FOR ROBOTS THAT WERE BUILT BY A MEMBER OF FACULTY!" The man stated as he cleared his throat. "EACH ROBOT YOU DESTROY/DISPATCH WILL GIVE POINTS, DEPENDING ON WHICH ROBOT YOU DESTROY! THERE ARE DIFFERENT TYPES OF ROBOTS, WHICH GOES AS FOLLOWS!" The man said as the screen behind him lit up with silhouettes of different robots.

One was a small stumpy looking robot with the caption '1 point', a second robot that seemed to be bulkier looking with the caption '2 points', a third one that looked like it was flying which had the caption of '3 points', and finally; a massive robot in between the other robots, it had the caption '0 points' underneath it.

"THE MORE YOU DESTROY, THE BETTER A CHANCE YOU HAVE AT GETTING INTO YUUEI! ANY QUESTIONS?" The man asked as one boy spoke up.

"Excuse me! But I do have one question. Why is it that on this pamphlet, it only shows three robots, while on your demonstration it shows four, this is unprofessional for a school such as Yuuei, also-" Before he could continue his rant, a bubble floated right in front of him and popped. But when it popped, his mouth disappeared.

"Ugh, will you shut up?" The boy beside him stated. He was slightly smaller than the boy beside him, and he had a similar pompadour to that of Josuke's. However, his was different in the sense that it was much smaller, and the sides of his hair were shaved. He also wore an odd shirt. It had a green, almost fishnet-like design to it, with another yellow shirt underneath. That wasn't all, he also had the same heart and peace sign pins on his clothing, just like Josuke. He also wore long blue jeans and black lace-up shoes.

"Participant 4271, do not use your quirk or Stand outside of the combat exam, do it again and you will be punished accordingly." A voice on the speaker said as participant 4271 deactivated his ability, allowing for the other participant's mouth to return. The other participant was taller than participant 4721. He had dark blue hair, thick brim glasses, and a tracksuit of sorts on. He was also rather muscular for his age, but he didn't seem violent in the slightest.

"YOU BROUGHT UP A GOOD POINT PARTICIPANT 7771! HOWEVER, WE SAW THAT IT WAS UNNECESCERRY TO ADD THE 0 POINTER TO THE SHEET, AS IT IS MORE OF AN OBSTACLE THEN SOMETHING YOU SHOULD ACTUALLY TRY AND DESTROY!" The man said as the screen turned off. "NOW, I WOULD LIKE IT SO THAT EVERYONE COMES DOWN TO THE MAIN FLOOR TO GET READY FOR THE EXAM TO START!" The man stated as everyone began to walk down towards the entrance gate for the exam grounds.

Yoshihara was nervous, she knew about the combat exam, but she hadn't thought that there would be robots designed to take down any unlucky participant. She shook her head and walked towards the gate. Beside her was participant 4271. "U-Uh, hi, I couldn't help but notice that our powers are similar. I wanted to-" Before she could continue her question, an alarm went off.

(Play: Sudden Battle, DIU ost)

"GO! GO! GO! WHAT ARE YOU ALL STANDING AROUND FOR, THERE IS NO COUNTDOWN FOR A REAL BATTLE!" The man on stage said as the gates opened up. Hordes of participants came rushing into the gates as Yoshihara became quickly overwhelmed.

'Shit! I got distracted! This is a bad start!' Yoshihara thought as she rushed onto the battlefield.

The battlefield was that of a massive city landscape. The buildings around her towered over her like giants looking at an ant on the ground. As she glanced around, she realized that It looked like a spitting replica of Osaka city, minus all the buildings having doors to enter them. It was cool and interesting, to say the least.

The moment she entered the field, five 1 point robots noticed her and went on the offensive. "Target. Found. Die. Hero. Scum." The robot stated in a robotic tone. The moment it said this, the 1 pointer began shooting BB bullets at Yoshihara. She quickly summoned [Killer Queen], who began rapidly deflecting the bullets at inhuman levels of speed. Then, [Killer Queen] went on the offensive by shooting fast-moving bubbles out of its fingertips, directed towards the robots. Once the bubbles made contact with the robots, each of them had a hole blasted into their chests by the explosions that followed, destroying them in the process.

Yoshihara smiled to herself. "Hell ya, 5 points baby! Let's go find some more of these mooks." Yoshihara stated as she charged forward, looking for more robots to destroy. Using [Killer Queen]'s explosive bubbles and brute strength, she was able to gather an upward total of 57 points. Just as she was about to destroy another 2 pointer robot, she was knocked to the ground by a random 3 pointer. As their weapons were aimed at her, [Killer Queen] was about to punch the 3 pointer when suddenly a white fist with purple knuckles brutally punched the three pointer's head clean off.

This is when Yoshihara had [Killer Queen] destroy the 2 pointer behind her. [Killer Queen] grabbed the 2 pointer by the neck, crushing it in the process, giving her a total of 59 points. That was when a hand reached out to her, offering her a chance to get up. Yoshihara grabbed the hand and with the help of that person, she was able to get up off the ground.

[Stop playing OST]

The person who helped her up was participant 4271. "Oh! It's you! Thanks for that." Yoshihara said as the boy smiled.

"No problem. You were gonna ask me a question earlier?" 4271 asked as Yoshihara nodded.

"Yeah, I just wanted to know your name, oh, wait, I should introduce myself first, my name is Yoshihara Kira, it's nice to meet you!" Yoshihara said as she bowed. The boy smiled before bowing. "Josefumi Kujo, son of Jolyene Kujo and Narciso Kujo," Josefumi stated as Yoshihara stood in shock for a second before shaking her head.

"Is something wrong?" Josefumi asked as Yoshihara shook her head.

"It's fine, is your grandfather Jotaro Kujo by any chance?" Yoshihara asked as Josefumi nodded.

"Yeah, why? Do you know him?" Josefumi asked as Yoshihara sighed.

"He's the one who helped defeat my father… Yoshikage Kira." Yoshihara said as Josefumi looked away with a sigh.

"Yeah… he told me about that, anyway, I gotta go get more points, it was-" Before he could finish, a shockwave raced over the skyline of the city, shattering all the glass in the area. The force of the air was strong enough to nearly knock Yoshihara and Josefumi off their feet. As the shockwave continued to persist, Josefumi summoned an apparition beside him.

It was nearly as tall as Josefumi. It looked like that of a robot humanoid figure with two cylinder-like objects popping out from the sides of its head. Down along the middle of its face was a purple line that continued all the way down its body to form a sailor anchor down the center of its chest. It had a yellow star on top of its head and on the two shoulder pads it wore. Its arms were thin, nearly the same thickness as a stick and its elbows were that of a purple ball of sorts.

Its lower body was connected to its upper body by two rods that sprouted from its waist. On its hips were two pads, not too dissimilar to those on its shoulders, minus the stars on both of them. Its legs were relatively the same as its arms, thin as a stick, however, the calves were much more defined than its arms, and it had oddly designed boots.

The Stand stood in front of Josefumi as it crossed its arms in front of Josefumi, diverting the wind pressure to around Josefumi instead of directly blasting on him. Yoshihara did the same using [Killer Queen], but with a much less effective result. Once the wind ceased, a buzzer rang out through the testing grounds.

"AND THAT IS A WRAP! EVERYONE HEAD HOME FOR THE DAY, WE WILL SEND A LETTER TO YOUR HOUSES THAT WILL LET YOU KNOW IF YOU GOT IN OR NOT!" The voice over the speaker stated as Josefumi sighed. "Well… hopefully 65 points is enough to get me recognized by the system," Josefumi said as Yoshihara's jaw dropped.

"Uh, yeah! I'm sure it would Kujo-san! Don't be doubtful in your abilities!" Yoshihara said as Josefumi smiled.

"Thank you, Kira-san…" Josefumi stated, walking in the direction of the gate. Yoshihara sighed as [Killer Queen] faded out of existence. She jogged in the direction of the gate and quickly ran to the female changing room. She got changed in one of the stalls, putting back on her pink tee-shirt and dark blue shorts. She dumped the rented tracksuit in the laundry bin and ran out.

Once she left the building, she began her annoyingly long walk home. She didn't have enough money for a bus or train fare, so she had to walk. It was long and boring. By the time she had gotten home, her feet were killing her. Yoshihara opened the door, walked in, closed the door, then stumbled over to the couch and faceplanted into the cushions. She quickly turned around and sat down, slouching into the cushions.

[Killer Queen] had found itself laying across Yoshihara's legs, purring like a cat would when as it slept. Just like [Killer Queen], Yoshihara had passed out on the couch as a TV show was playing in the background. Her peaceful rest was cut off by Katsuki slamming the front door shut after walking in. She shot up from her sleeping position, spooking [Killer Queen], who pointed its index finger right at Katsuki.

"Tell your feral cat thing to calm its tits," Katsuki grunted as he walked past her and ran up the stairs to his room. Yoshihara sighed as [Killer Queen] disappeared. She stood up and looked out the window, Mitsuki wasn't home yet. It was odd, but she knew that Mitsuki liked hanging out with Inko; either that or a long day at the mall getting groceries.

Yoshihara took this time to head back up to her room and continue reading Steel Ball run. She was now on the 17th volume and was nearing the end of the story. She hoped she could finish it by tomorrow and move on to the next manga she had her eyes on, that being one called Soul Eater.

A few hours later, Mitsuki came home with at least six bags of groceries and something very special for Yoshihara's birthday. She knew how much Yoshihara loved the manga called JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, and she also knew who her current fictional character crush was since she wouldn't stop talking about him. Putting that together, she spent a lot of money on the gift. She had spent 105,303 yen on the thing.

"YOSHIHARA! I GOT YOU SOMETHING!" Mitsuki shouted from the living room. A few minutes passed, and Yoshihara walked down the stairs with a smile on her face. "Happy Birthday Yoshihara. I got you something I know you'd love." Mitsuki said, pulling out the box with the figure inside it. The moment she saw it, she screamed with joy.

"OH MY GOD! AUNTIE, YOU'RE THE BEST!" Yoshihara said, wrapping Mitsuki up in a bear hug, which nearly had Mitsuki grunt in pain. What was the figurine that she had bought Yoshihara? Simple, a figure of Gyro Zeppeli. One that Rohan Kishibe had signed the box of. Katsuki peaked out his bedroom door and saw that Yoshihara had the world's biggest smile on her face.

Originally, he was going to shout down the stairs and tell them to shut up, but after seeing his cousin smile like that, something he hadn't seen since she was 10 years old, Katsuki could only smile himself. "Still that same nerd I knew back then… goddamnit," Katsuki grumbled before going back into his bedroom.

Mitsuki hadn't seen her this happy in years, and she longed for the day she would get to see that pure, innocent smile again. She smiled before sighing. "How was the entrance exam?" Mitsuki asked as Yoshihara put the box down and sat down on the couch, Mitsuki taking a seat beside her.

"Well, I got a perfect score on the test, and I got 59 points in the combat exam. I think I might have gotten in; I don't know though… I'm worried." Yoshihara said as Mitsuki smiled.

"It's ok Yoshihara. I'm sure you'd get in no problem, same with Katsuki." Mitsuki said as Yoshihara nodded.

"Thanks, auntie," Yoshihara said, hugging Mitsuki from the side as Mitsuki hugged back.

'I can see that same determination my brother used to have when he was younger in you Yoshihara… don't become like him… don't become twisted like your father. I believe in you.' Mitsuki thought as she let go of her.

"You're a good person Yoshihara, don't let anyone tell you otherwise," Mitsuki said as Yoshihara nodded.

"I won't auntie. I promise you'll become a strong and proud hero, and if I don't, then I can always do something to help get money for the family." Yoshihara said as Mitsuki smiled.

"At least you have more ambitions than that explosive porcupine," Mitsuki mumbled as Yoshihara got up from the couch, took her figure, and went to her room to unbox it, and put it on display.

Today was one of the best days for Yoshihara, but now, she only had one thing on her mind… will she make it into Yuuei?

- To Be Continued –

A.N: I know what you guys are gonna say. "JoSeFuMi'S oRiGiNaL aBiLiTy WaSn'T tO sTeAl ThInGs!" I know, however, it would be more interesting if I gave it [Soft 'n Wet]'s other ability because it is a far better power. However, that will be the only ability it will retain from Josuke2, other than that, it is the same as Josefumi's, I hope this chapter was good enough, more chapters will come out more regularly, see you in the next one, peace.