Jubei-Chan Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Wolf's Rain Fan Fiction ❯ Coming to Terms ❯ Off into Space ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor moon or Wolf's rain.
 
Priers request I have put the Wolf's Rain characters in this episode.
 
Summery: Serena sees Toboe walking down her street and asks him if he would like to join her for dinner.
 
Coming to terms: chapter 3
 
Serena sets on her front porch as the movers maneuver around her. She watches intently as a large dog passes behind the truck. Her back straitens as she fears that the dogs will approach her.
 
Not only has Serena lost her love but is forced to live where wild animals roam. She wondered if her disk job for a local lab would pay the bills. With Darien with her there would be no doughty about a house like this one but if she would have to pay, she might have to move into a small apartment.
 
She relaxed a bit forgetting all about those large dogs until she saw some a man walk up to her. “Nice day for a walk!”
 
The boy did not look older then 14. He could have been older but Serena is not good with ages. “It is a beautiful day. I am new around here are you my neighbors?”
 
He leans on her porch fence, “No, we are only out walking.”
 
Serena is more then pleased to be talking to someone. “Normally, I don't eat alone, so if you like you can eat with me.”
 
The boy smiles, then frowns, “I have to meet my friends somewhere soon.”
 
Serena watches the men put up her grill. “If you like you can bring your friends over, tonight. I can try out my new grill.”
 
“I will ask, what time?”
 
Serena smiles, “I have to take my bike to the grocery store so it should not take any longer then three hours.”
 
The boy seemed interested, “Alright, I will try to join you. By the way, my name is Toboe” The boy left.
 
Serena felt better about herself. Not only would she have someone to talk to but with people over there would not be a lot of time to think about Darien. Serena hoped this would be true.
 
Even going to the store would keep her mind of Darien. She secretly wanted to know where Darien could be but she could not do very much in the way of asking. Who ever took him really needed him for something.
 
Being Sailor Moon meant that she needed to accept her destiny. Maybe, in this destiny they would only be lovers for a short time. This thought lifted her heart. She loved Darien but she needed him to complete his destiny in this life.
 
Serena made her way to the store. She was surprised that she found it so fast. The person she asked directions from knew the exact location.
 
The grocery store had not been as big as her old on back home but it had everything she needed. At lest, she did not have to run to the store. Who knows who lives in this town?
 
Serena smiled as several people who did not seem interested in talking to her at all. The grocery store was only two miles from her work. She thought this is lucky. Serena could run that fast in record time if she ever forgot her lunch.
 
As she arrived back home she noticed that the movers had left. There would be no one to be with her, she would be alone again. True, the movers did not know her but she only wanted someone to be there.
 
She signed and parked her bike in the back of her home. It would be an hour before she saw the boy from before. He had some of his friend with him. Toboe asked her, “Are you still grilling today?”
 
Serena laughed, “I have not stared yet.”
 
He walks up to her pouch, “So, you must be loaded to have a place like this.”
 
 
Tsume yells at him, “Hey don't say that.”
Serena sighs, “I have recently been divorced and I do not plain to live here long. The payments alone would be too much for me.”
Toboe nodes, “I see.”
“You guys can stay out here or wait inside while I grill the food.”
“”We will stand outside.”
Serena shrugs,
”Alright.” Serena is nice to everyone anyway. Why not cook a bbq? Serena sets everything up so that they can have some bbq. “Wow! I have not had this since I moved out of my parent's home.”
Meanwhile, the men could not help but wonder why this lady was being so nice to them. They watched as she smothered sauce on the burgers. “That does smell great.”
They wear all setting at a picnic table when Serena announced that they would have to get there own burgers. “Be careful they are hot!”
 
They sat down to eat but most did not start until Serena took the first bite. They stared at her for a second. Toboe asked, “I never got your name.”
“It is Serena. ”
“So, Serena why invite us over?”
“I don't usually eat alone. I was thinking about asking the neighbors over when I say you.”
Higo smiled, “Thanks then,”
“Grilling comes easy to me. It is baking that I am not good at.”
Toboe asked, “You would not need anyone to say her with you would you?”
“Stay here? I might ask one of my friends back home to come over but not to say with me. My cat is so uptight anyway.”
Speaking of Luna, Luna made her way down the stairs and started purring loudly at her. They looked at the cat, “That must be her?”
“Luna what do you want?” Luna scratches Serena.
“Meow!” she runs into the house.
“Guys I think her water pool is empty. She is very strange. Would you excuse me?”
They nodded at Serena entered the house, “Serena, those men are not men they are wolfs. I can sense it. They might hurt you.”
“Luna, I know you are jealous but stay inside.”
“I am warning you.”
Serena checked her pool of water and found that it was still full. Then, she exited the house. “Sorry guys, my cat is strange.” They smiled and as they left Serena said, “Be careful, I thought I saw some sort of big dog in the area. Keep an eye out. Come over anytime.”
They waved at her as they left.
 
Review if you like, since Serena is not a wolf it does not make much since with her fallowing them. She will find out later that is on but not at this time.