Kagaku Ninja-Tai Gatchaman Fan Fiction ❯ The Timepiece ❯ Journey Embarked ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3

<revision in progress>

March 15, 2059.

Yuki chewed on the beef jerky that her mom had placed in her snack bag while doing the final preparation check-up in the cockpit of the Timeless Phoenix which belongs to the fleet of ISO Time Traveller Rescue Floating Medical Centres.

"Good old mom, she just know that I hate those toothpaste stuffs." Yuki smiled to herself. Then she frowned a bit remembering how upset her mom had been when she first announced that she was chosen to undertake this mission.

"Come on, Mom, it's not the first time I have undertook such missions." Yuki had reasoned. Her mom had simply sighed and walked back to her room. When she reappeared, she had obviously been crying. Up until the moment, Yuki had still not yet been able to understand why her mom had been so upset.

"All ready for take off, Lieutenant" Yuki was abruptly yanked back from her thoughts. It was Pepsi, her blonde, shapely navigator who was a model P40315 humanoid, modelled after the actress Goldie Horn in her prime. It was one of Ken's sadist joke in placing Pepsi on his daughter's crew. Yuki had never been able to look at Pepsi without wistfully longing for the shape of her body. Every time Yuki saw Pepsi, she made haste in finishing what she was doing and go home as soon as possible. So, Ken put Pepsi on Yuki's crew to make sure that she did not dawdle on her job. "A nice dad you are," Yuki had screamed at her dad when she found out that Pepsi was on her crew and Ken had just gave him one of his characteristic toothy grins.

It was however a relief to Yuki when she found out that Doberman, her six foot tall, brown-eyed handsome bodyguard was to be on the crew as well. Doberman was a model D20549 model humanoid rescue, modelled after the actor Harrison Ford in his prime. The model D20549 was originally developed for serving in ISO security. Doberman, however, did not pass the quality test of strength and endurance. He was scheduled to be destructed, had Ken not been looking for bodyguard for his then sixteen year old daughter. Yuki had literally fallen in love with Doberman at first sight and would have none other than him. So, Ken had adopted him and made him Yuki's bodyguard. His specialty was in martial arts and his major duty was to protect Yuki.

The last but not least on her crew as Chris, an almost cartoon scientist looked-alike. Chris was a model C30510 humanoid, modelled after Robert Williams in his physician role in the movie 9 months. He is the science officer on board and Yuki could almost always lighten up by just looking at him. His major duty was…his major duty was…well…the duty of a science officer.

Yuki refocused her attention on the flight log that has been given to her.

Time Destination : 2035 March 15 5:35 pm

Location Destination : Satellite orbit #21 of Planet Earth

Mission : Rescue the KNT members stranded on Enemy Satellite base.

"Chris, what information do you have on the KNT?" Yuki asked her Science Officer.

"KNT, Kagaku Ninja Tai or Science , is a team of five teenage Ninjas reporting to Dr. Kusoburo Nambu in the 30's. They were the Earth's major defence mechanism against the evil Galactors. However, the team soon dispensed after the Galactorial War ended." Chris answered promptly after checking his database.

Yuki raised her brows, "Teenagers? You mean the safety on the entire planet Earth depended on five teenagers?"

Chris nodded, "They started as teenagers but by the time the war ended in 2035 A.D. Most of them were in their early twenties, I believe. Apparently they were very smart young people and had been specifically trained for the job. However, their identities had always been treated as top secret."

It was Yuki's turn to nod, "I wouldn't blame them for that. Anybody related to the Galactors would definitely want to get their hands on them and their family."

"You can be sure of that. However, the Galactors really did die down after the War ended in 2035A.D.. They literally disappeared from the face of the Earth."

"Cool" Yuki replied.

She strummed her fingers on the control panel, a rescue mission in the time-travel department is not a normal occurrence. From the first day of training, they had been instructed that their missions were to be mainly of research purpose and they should take every pain to avoid messing with the past, since messing up history could have unexpected and disastrous effects on the Present. However, she believed that there must be a reason why this mission was assigned and assigned to her specifically. She knew that her dad had been on the selection committee, so there could be no political conspiracy in this.

"Lieutenant Washio, prepare for launching, count-down to commence in 5 minutes" the announcement from the Control Tower again yanked Yuki back from her thoughts.

"Roger, all ready for launching" Yuki replied.

Yuki seated herself back and did some final checking. She felt a bit nervous. Somehow, she felt as if this mission would change her life forever. Little did she suspect how close to the truth her instinct had hit? However, before she could have any more time to ponder on that feeling, she was interrupted by the actual countdown.

"10..9..8..7…6..5..4..3..2..1"

"BLAST OFF!!!!"

Yuki and her team were instantly pushed onto the back of their seats as the centrifugal moment of the Timeless Phoenix' spinning accelerate into ultra-light speed. A clash of lightning filled the launching patch and the journey began.