Kagaku Ninja-Tai Gatchaman Fan Fiction ❯ The Timepiece ❯ Chapter 10 ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Ten

Unbeknownst to the party below, two shadows, one tall and slanky and the other short and stout, crept slowly towards the edge of the cliff overlooking the beachside villa. The two man, both in their forties were both wearing black tunics and black pants.

On approaching the edge of the cliff, the tall one sprang up and shouted to the shorter one, "Bud, see them there?"

His partner quickly pull him back down and cover his mouth, "Are you nuts, Lou? Everybody can see you from there."

"D'oh!"

Lou crept nearer, still hiding in the shadows, extended his hand out to his partner.

"What'd ya want?" The shorter Bud barked.

"Binoculars. What else, Dumbass?" Lou replied.

Bud passed the binoculars to Lou and Lou brought it up to his eyes.

"BBBBBBBBBUUUUUUUUUUDDDDDDD!" Lou exclaimed, sprang up from the ground and throttle his partner.

"What's the matter now?" Bud fought his partner off with all his might.

"This thing does not work" Lou pulled Bud to the floor and was strangling him.

"What'd you mean by that? I am sure it works." Bud stopped fighting and looked at his tall slanky partner puzzled.

"Look for yourself. No can see at all." Lou retorted and let go of his shorter and stouting counterpart.

Bud scrambled up from the ground and took a look at the binoculars. He then bang it on Lou's head. "Of course, you can't see anything. You haven't removed the lens covers. D'oh."

Lou snatched the binoculars from Bud, removed the lens cover and used it to locate the target.

"Ah! There's the gal." Lou exclaimed.

"Where? Where? Which one?" Bud snatched the binoculars back and looked through it. "Darn, Lou. How can you see with the images so small."

Lou looked at his partner and snatching it, banged it on Bud's head. "Dumbass, you are looking in from the wrong side."

Bud rubbed his head and made a gesture of kicking his partner down the cliff. Lou retaliated by making a strangling gesture at Bud.

Bud took the binoculars, turned it back to the right side and looked through it. He could see three girls there.

"Which one of the three gals is it that the boss wanted us to watch?" Bud asked, still looking through the binoculars.

"The one in the white sweaters, blue shorts and has a ponytail. She should be playing volleyball." Lou replied.

"D'oh! I was hoping that it would be that hot lass at the Barbeque. We could have some fun with that one." Bud sighed, disappointed.

"Even if it is that one, it won't do us any good. The boss said just to watch her and report back. No actions are to be taken. Don't you forget that." Lou reminded his partner.

"The boss?! What does that old goat know?" Bud took out his flask of gin and took a swag.

Lou looked on and licked his lips. "Buddy, you got to share."

Bud looked back at him and made a face at him. "No way, man. You want some, you bring your own."

Lou razzed him. "Yeah right." He took out his pack of Pocky and started eating it. This time it was Bud's turn to drool.

"Okay! Okay! I surrender! If you'd share those Pockys, I'd share my gin. What do you say."

"Sure!" Lou grabbed Bud's flask and took a long swag out of it, emptying half the flask.

Bud climbed over him in a brilliant attempt to get his flask back. "Damn you, Lou. You have no shame at all. Oh my gin!" Bud pouted.

Lou grinned sheepishly, then offered his Pocky to his fellow partner. "Come on, buddy. We won't let a flask of old gin and some Pocky get between our fellowship, will we?"

Bud sulkily took a handful of Pocky and shoved them into his mouth.

"Hey they start eating! Damn it, why does the boss always give us these inhumane tasks. Now we have to watch them eat, while starving and shivering up here in the cold wind" Lou sulked.

"Well, the problem, my friend, is that we don't have.." Bud snapped his fingers "money. So we end up having to follow the orders of that stupid old man like a dog."

Lou slumped. After a while, he suddenly sat up, "Hey buddy, what say you, we get rich!"

Bud looked at Lou as if he was seeing a ghost. "You got a fever? How do you just get rich?"

Lou grinned evilly, "Our solution is there." Pointing his finger down the cliff where the young people were then gathered together enjoying Ryu's cooking.

Bud looked puzzled.

"That girl knows how to treat cancer. That's what the boss said, right?" Lou waggled his brows.

"Right. But he also said, not to do anything and wait till Dark Zorro arrived from the Headquarters to arrive and handle it. The old man say that Dark Zorro has everything plotted out." Bud frowned.

"Who cares about that Dark Zorro figure? He comes, he gets the girl. The gang gets the money. We get her ourselves, sell her to the KGB or any of those black-market research facilities, we get the money. Get my drift?" The taller man grinned evilly.

A smile slowly spread over the short man's stout face. "Lou, you are a genius! Looks like we can finally have enough money to go to the Pink Pussycat and enjoy ourselves with those girls there."