Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne Fan Fiction ❯ "I don't want to be alone anymore...love me always" ❯ Love and Sadness ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Maron…you know that I love you, right?”
 
“Chiaki, what are you talking about? You're scaring me!”
 
He took her hand in his and squeezed it, trying hard to calm her down. She was looking at him with such fear and despair in her eyes that he pondered on whether or not to tell her after all.
 
 
“Maron…the reason that I was gone during the party was partly because I was talking to the principal, partly because I was taking an entrance exam for Tsukogawina medical academy.” (A/N: the name is fake, it isn't a real school)
 
 
“Isn't that...”
 
 
“I passed the exam with flying colors. They want me to attend classes for two months…”
 
 
Maron wiped her damp eyes and grinned. “That's wonderful Chiaki! I'm glad that you can finally fulfill your dream!”
 
 
He looked at her; the shame that he didn't have the guts to tell her was still in his eyes.
 
 
She went on “I mean, it's not like I can't see you're for two months…..I can always visit, right?”
 
 
He took her hand again and crushed her newfound hope that she wouldn't be alone. “No Maron, you can't visit me. The academy is all the way on the other side of Japan. And nobody is aloud to dorm with me…”
 
 
Her face paled, and she asked “so…..I won't be able to see you for two whole months? Not…at all?”
 
 
Chiaki shook his head. “If you want me to stay, that's all that you have to say.”
 
 
This time she was the one who shook her head and replied “no, I won't keep you from your dream. I'll be able to live with being alone for a while longer…” she stood up and pushed him out the door.
 
“Go home…you must have a lot to pack..”
 
 
With that she shut the door on him and went to her room, trying to hold back her tears.
 
 
She lay down on her bed, and curled her self into a ball as she started to sob. She cried for about 30 minutes before she felt someone enter her bed. She soon found herself being held by someone, and she traced her hands along Chiaki's strong features.
 
 
“Maron……..please, don't try to be brave….just let me hold you while I still can…I don't want you to cry alone.”
 
 
She sniffed and positioned herself so that her head was resting on his shoulder.
 
 
“When do you have to go?” she asked him
 
 
“The day after tomorrow”
 
 
He felt her stiffen up, but she relaxed when he started rubbing soothing circles on her back.
 
 
“Will you spend tomorrow with me? We can skip the graduation party and go out by the sea together..” she asked him, and he nodded his head in reply. With that in mind they both fell asleep, although Maron's heart was in turmoil.
 
 
*~*~*~*~*~^%^%^%^%^%^%^%^%^%^%*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
 
 
 
 
The next morning Maron awoke to…nothing. She rolled over on her bed, but nobody was there.
 
 
She sat up, asking the empty room “Chiaki? Are you there?”
 
 
No answer
 
 
“Chiaki!!!!!!!”
 
 
Silence.
 
 
She got up from her bed, and noticed that she had been changed from her dress into a pair of pajama pants and a tang top that showed her navel.
 
 
She walked into her kitchen, and looked around for any signs of him. There was nothing. She ran her hand through her hair and muttered “mou, Chiaki! You're so rude!”
 
 
She suddenly felt herself being tickled and screamed out. She heard laughter coming from behind her and looked to see Chiaki, still in his boxers, laughing at her.
 
 
She turned around at him, but instead of yelling at him she smiled seductively.
 
 
She brought her face close to his and opened her mouth to kiss him, and as soon as he leaned forward to respond, she pulled back and grinned.
 
 
She shook her finger at him and said “ah, ah ah! You've been mean, so no kisses for you!” she knew that what she said was childish, but he looked evenly crushed.
 
 
~*~*~*~^%$^%$^%$*~*~*~*
 
 
They walked along the beach, hand in hand, just enjoying each others company.
 
 
Chiaki saw one of his friends that would be going to the same collage as him and went over to talk to him.
 
 
As he was doing so Maron saw a familiar pink van and walked over to it. Inside was “the flower lady” and they greeted each other when recognized.
 
 
“Hi! Maron right?” she asked, and smiled when Maron shook her head.
 
 
“How are you and your fiancé doing? And why are you back here?” Maron asked.
 
 
The woman smiled and replied “well…he is no longer my fiancé. We are married now. And I wanted to continue giving away my forget-me-nots.”
 
 
Maron smiled at this and asked her “that is so wonderful! Could I have one?”
 
 
The woman replied by handing her a pot, and asked her “do you have a special person?”
 
 
Maron blushed and showed her where Chiaki was in a heated discussion with his friend. She cupped her hands around her mouth and yelled in his direction “Chiaki!”
 
 
He turned and looked at her, and turned red when his friend said something. The friend handed him a box, laughing. He came over to her when he saw her motioning to him, and asked “what is it, Maron?”
 
She grinned and showed him the pot. “Now I have these to keep me company when you leave. Since Miyako is gone, and so is Finn, now I wont be alone!”
 
 
At this time the woman leaned over to Maron and whispered “That's a nice catch that you have there.”
 
 
Maron nodded her head and replied “hai!”
 
 
She handed the pot to Chiaki and waved farewell as she linked her arm in his.
 
 
She looked at Chiaki skeptically and asked “what did your friend say to make you blush?”
 
 
“Ah...uh, nothing.”
 
 
“That doesn't sound like nothing.”
 
 
By this time they were at the sea, and Chiaki laid out a blanket on the ground for them to sit on. When he wouldn't tell her what had made him blush, she got annoyed and wouldn't sat more than one word to him at a time.
 
 
“So…do you like the view Maron?”
 
 
“Hai.”
 
 
“Did you have a nice time so far?”
 
 
“Hai.”
 
 
“Are you comfortable?”
 
 
“Hai.”
 
 
He fidgeted and looked at her. Finally he sighed as if he was giving up, and looked at her.
 
“Do you really want to know what he said?”
 
 
Her eyes brightened and she nodded her head.
 
 
“Ok….” He took in a breath as if he was going to say something, but instead in one quick movement he had her flipped and pinned to the ground.
 
 
“You have to give me a kiss for me to tell you.” He teased.
 
 
She grinned and surprisingly complied, closing her eyes and parting her lips as she waited.
 
 
He looked surprised and leaned down anyway, and she coaxed his tongue into her mouth. All of a sudden she grinned evilly and bit down hard on his tongue.
 
 
He pulled back and yelped, and then smiled.
“I guess that I deserved that”
 
 
She laid her head on his shoulder and they sat there, watching the sea.
 
 
He fidgeted, and she turned her head up and looked at him.
 
 
“What's wrong?”
 
 
Before he could lose his nerve he took the box that his friend had given him out of his pocket.
 
 
“The thing that my friend said earlier embarrassed me because he asked me if we had…..before I gave this to you.
 
 
She looked at him skeptically, and took the box from him. When she opened it she found another, smaller box. When she opened that one the same thing happened. When she finally got to the last box she opened it and gasped.
 
 
Inside was a gold ring sitting on top of a green velvet cloth. There was a circle of diamonds on the outside of a large sapphire, and she looked at him confused.
 
 
He looked at her, and asked her.
 
 
“Maron…will you marry me? I know the first time didn't work out, but I'm not holding any secrets from you anymore. I love you Maron, and I want to be with you forever and past.”
 
 
She smiled at his speech, and slipped the ring on her finger. She had tears in her eyes and she bent her head down for him to kiss her.
 
 
“I love you” she breathed as they kissed, and she didn't think that she could be happier.
 
 
*^*^%$%$%$*^*^*^$%!
 
 
 
When they got home from their day out together Maron started going through his refrigerator, looking for something to cook.
 
 
Before she could prepare anything though, Chiaki came up behind her and started to tickle her mercilessly. She fell backwards onto his bed squirming under his dancing fingers.
 
 
When he stopped she looked up at him, her face flushed and panting for breath.
 
 
He leaned down and pressed his lips against hers, slipping his tongue into her mouth. She responded eagerly, and soon he was tracing his hands along her body, and they were undressing each other.
 
 
Linchou chose then to barge into Chiaki's apartment, looking for something that he had left there.
 
 
At that time, Chiaki had just happened to be unclasping Maron's bra, and they both broke apart and sat up when the intruder entered.
 
 
Seeing the scene, linchou turned bright red, and Maron ducked under the covers in embarrassment.
 
 
“Aww, just great linchou! Now you've gone and embarrassed her!” Chiaki exclaimed as she hid in refuge beneath his sheets.
 
 
“I a…c-came f-for something that I h-had left!” he stammered.
 
 
“Oh, you mean-
 
 
He stopped and his eyes widened. He lifted the covers a bit, and looked under them.
 
 
“Maron….What are you doing?” he asked. A girlish giggle could be heard from under the covers, and in a flash linchou was out the door.
 
 
Miyako, who was just stepping out of her apartment looked at him skeptically. His face was red and his nose was bleeding, and he looked flustered.
 
 
“What's wrong with you?” she asked him, not really caring either way.
 
 
He pointed towards the door where high-pitched squeals and giggles could be heard through the open door.
 
 
“C-chiaki…andM-maron..He..He…”
 
 
Miyako's eyes widened, and she yelled “what the hell is that pervert doing to Maron!”