Kannaduko No Miko Fan Fiction ❯ Himeko and Chikane: Their Story ❯ Perspective ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Perspective
 
As Chikane walked out of the alley Himeko followed by since she was still scared that someone else will attack her, plus for unknown reasons to herself she had to follow her. Chikane was annoyed by this and addressed it to her directly.
 
“Will you stop following me, girl?” She said with a harsh tone.
 
Himeko was a little bit hurt by her words but she understood. She took it as if she wasn't good enough to be around her.
 
“S-sorry, thanks anyways,” she said sadly and with a little bit of fear. Chikane sense the fear and sadness in her voice and in her eyes so she reconsidered.
 
“Never mind, let me take you back to your place so that no one can hurt you again. Where do you stay?”
 
“Actually take me to Neko-chan's tent, I was suppose to help her out with a few things.”
 
“Neko-chan, eh? Is that crazy cat-woman your friend?”
 
“Yes she is, why do you say she's crazy?”
 
“She runs a circus full of cats, she's always cheerful, she thinks she rules the park, what else can I say about her to prove to you that she's crazy?”
 
Himeko was not the debating type, thinking that she's always wrong so it was useless to debate. Thus she went along with Chikane and all she said was “oh ok.”
 
And they started to walk heading towards that direction they didn't say anything until Himeko spoke up.
 
“Are you from Mahoroba?”
 
“Yes, you could probably tell from my accent. I'm guessing from your accent that you're also from there?”
 
“Yes I am. How long have you been here?”
 
“Long enough to know better than to go to some dark alley without carrying at least some sort of weapon, besides why did you run away from your home? You don't seem to be the type to run away, it must be something very serious.”
 
Himeko hung her head down low and said “yes it is very serious.”
 
“Never mind, you don't have to tell me because I really don't care,” she said rather coldly. Himeko couldn't understand why Chikane was being so mean, she thought that there was something that was bothering Chikane or that Chikane was upset that she didn't know how to fight, but she dared not to ask.
 
As soon as they got to Nekoko's place, Nekoko spotted them and came up to Himeko.
 
“Where were you, I was a bit worried since I know it doesn't take that long to collect some cans.”
 
But before Himeko uttered a word Chikane spoke up.
 
“Your intelligent friend here was all alone in the alley collecting cans when she had a rendezvous with the Snake clan.”
 
Nekoko's eyes jumped when she heard that as Chikane continued.
 
“They were about to rape her before I saved her ass, as you can tell by my swollen knuckles.” Chikane said as she showed her swollen right hand to Nekoko. The punch to the elder's bony face did it.
 
“Thank you very much Chikane-san.”
 
“No problem lion tamer.”
 
“Will you stop calling me that Chikane-san!” Nekoko said angrily. Chikane called her that since she thought that her act was rather stupid.
 
Chikane just chuckled and said “why should I? You have your little rinky-dinky circus with smelly cats doing stupid little tricks in front of a group of apathetic people.”
 
Nekoko got angry and told her “well at least I'm doing something besides brooding myself all day. Anyways I have trained my cats a new trick and it's to attack bitchy bluenettes, nya!”
 
Chikane got pissed at her comment so she pulled out her tanto and said to Nekoko in a threatening tone “go ahead and get your polecats at me, see if I don't skin them all.”
 
One thing that Chikane didn't kept in mind was that Nekoko was part cat and being part cat was that her nails were very sharp. Himeko saw Nekoko's hands were ready to claw Chakane. Sensing that a fight was about to occur she stepped in quickly before anything serious happened.
 
“OK let's not start a fight, there really is no need to be fighting. I think you two should apologize to each other.”
 
When the two girls heard that they looked at Himeko like she was on drugs or something. At first due to both of their prides neither didn't say a word let alone look at each other and then Nekoko spoke.
 
“Look I apologize for being rude to you Chikane-san.” Nekoko said while looking at her face directly.
 
Chikane then looked at Nekoko and said “you should be sorry.” Then she walked away but not before giving Nekoko a cold stare. That infuriated Nekoko even more. Then she turned to Himeko and said “she that's what I mean. She's ungrateful, self-centered, aloof, and arrogant.”
 
Himeko was still surprised and confused at what Chikane had just done. Unlike Nekoko she wasn't mad at her instead she was even more concerned about her.
 
“Why is she so cold and mean Neko-chan? I was being nice to her and you apologized to her.”
 
“I don't know Hime-chan. She has some serious problems, she always carrying a chip on her shoulder. As you can tell I can't stand her one bit.”
 
“I think she is hurting inside.” Himeko said sadly.
 
“She probably is but after what she just did I really don't care one bit. However she was right about one thing, you should never go to the alleys by yourself. I can handle myself, since I'm a better fighter than I appear to be.”
 
“I didn't know better, I'm sorry.” Himeko said with her head hanging down and a tear traveled down her cheek.
 
“Ah don't feel so bad about it Hime-chan, you just didn't know,” Nekoko said assuringly. “In fact I'll join you in collecting cans for a few days. I think I can put a few days off of my performance and help you out. The cats need a break so I guess now would be a good time.”
 
Himeko had a big smile on her face when she said that. She was surprised that Nekoko would go out of her way to help her out. There weren't many people in her life that she could recall ever doing that for her.
 
“You really are going to join me?” Himeko said excitedly.
 
“I sure am.”
 
“Arigato! Arigato!” Himeko said and bowed to Nekoko in respect then she remembered something.
 
“Oh Neko-chan guess what I found in the alley today, a good camera!” She said excitedly.
 
“That's great Hime-chan, nya! Now you can take some beautiful pictures.”
 
“I would but I noticed that the flash isn't working. Hopefully it's because of batteries. I really don't want to get rid of a good camera like this.”
 
She showed the camera to Nekoko and she was amazed at the camera. It wasn't that she knew about cameras, she didn't, but she saw how sophisticated the camera looked.
 
“Wow, is it like one of those that you can save on your computer or something like that?”
 
“No it isn't. It doesn't have any electrical components besides the batteries for the flash.”
 
“Why don't you get some batteries for it right now?”
 
“But I don't have any money for any batteries. I didn't get the chance to take the cans to the recycling center. Besides, don't I have to do those drawings for you?”
 
“Don't worry about the drawings; you can do them later on tonight. Also here is some money to get you some batteries and some rolls of film.”
 
Nekoko handed out 2000 yen to Himeko and a big smile lit up her face.
 
“Arigatou gozaimasu Neko-chan!”
 
“No problem, now go get those batteries and those rolls!”
 
Himeko nodded gleefully.
 
+-+-+-+
 
One of the benefits of living in the Shinjuku ward was that if you need anything it was nearby, so Himeko didn't have to go far to get batteries for her camera. She found a photo store and got three rolls of films along with the batteries. After that she went back to the park. By then it was evening and the sun was about to set so Himeko thought it would be perfect to take some pictures of the park's scenery.
 
Her first pictures were the sun setting over the pond. She really liked the way the sun reflected from the pond. Then she took some pictures of the trees in the park. She thought how beautiful the trees looked with the evening light as the background. Finally she took some pictures of the park's statues and landscapes but she didn't do a lot because it became dark.
 
By the time she was done she already had went through one roll of film and was about halfway through the second. The picture taking helped her take her mind off of the traumatic event that happened earlier, which she needed so badly. Before she was going to head back to Nekoko's tent, Nekoko came up to her and said, “There you are Himeko, I was scared that something happened to you again! I didn't see you for a while so I decided to go looking for you. Thank God I did.”
 
“I'm so sorry Neko-chan, it's just that as soon as I got back from the photo store I saw how beautiful the park looked with the sun setting, so I went out and took a few photos.”
 
“That's nice and all but especially with what just happened you should be concerned about being out her all by yourself in the night.” Nekoko stated with concern.
 
“You're right Neko-chan, I'm sorry.” Himeko said sadly.
 
“Look, let's get back because something happen to the both of us. Besides, you have some drawings to take care of.” Nekoko said.
 
“I haven't forgotten about it.”
 
So they went back to the tent without any incident.
 
+-+-+-+
 
In the tent Nekoko was training some of the kittens, preparing them for her circus. Himeko was doing some of the drawings on cardboard pieces using crayons that Nekoko had. She found out through trial and error that crayons work better on cardboard than pencil.
 
In between Nekoko's training breaks, Himeko would show the drawings to Nekoko. For the most part she approved the drawings.
 
“Hey Neko-chan, check out this one.”
 
Nekoko came over and looked at the drawing. It was a small cute lion jumping over a flaming hoop with Nekoko directing it. At first Nekoko showed an angry look and Himeko saw it immediately. She was frightened but then Nekoko realized that Himeko was just joking so she just laughed at it. Himeko eventually joined along.
 
“So I see that you have me as a lion tamer, nya?” Nekoko said playfully.
 
“Yep!” Was all that Himeko said.
 
They just continued laughing and enjoying each other's company until something unexpected happen. First Nekoko started to tremble then she started to hold her head like she was in pain. She began to start screaming in pain. Himeko was shocked to see what was going on with Nekoko. The event froze her to react or do anything for while. Eventually Nekoko fell down to the ground while still screaming.
 
While the pain and screaming was going on she was having flashbacks of her past.
 
“Oh my God, I need to get you some help!” Himeko said in panic.
 
Nekoko heard her through all her screaming and told her “I don't need any help! Don't get me any help, nyyyyyaaaaaaahhhhh!”
 
Himeko was confused about what to do, she saw that Nekoko was hurting but Nekoko also pleaded her not to get any help. Finally Himeko decided to get some help but before she was about to leave the tent Nekoko got up from the ground and told her something.
 
“Himeko, I'm fine now. I don't need any help.” She said to Himeko even though her head still had some of the lingering pain left.
 
“Are you really sure?” Himeko said with tears rolling down her eyes.
 
“Yes, it happens once in a while.” Nekoko said.
 
“But why?” Himeko said with concern.
 
Now it was time for Nekoko to tell Himeko her story.
 
****