Kannaduko No Miko Fan Fiction ❯ We Fall in Love All Over Again ❯ In this city. ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
We Fall in Love All Over Again~

"Himeko...
Hiimeekoooo...
Come on! Wake up!
Hi-Me-Ko!"

"Owwwww..." Said the blonde haired himeiko as she landed face first onto the floor next to her bed apon awakening.She looked around the room. "No ones here..." She said to herself as she remembered she was no longer living in the rural village with her best friend in their dorm.

Now living in the huge city of Tokyo, she was living by herself, a photographer for a big magazine company. She loved this city, but it was starting to become oh so lonesome.

Always longing for this mystery person who she loved so dearly was playing with her emotions. She wondered who this person was and when she would meet them. However, today himeiko was going to an animal shelter to look for a dog o keep her company in the mean time.

A few hours later she walked into a sanitized smelling animal shelter. An elderly woman greated her at the door. "Welcome to the Otachibana animal shelter miss, what shall I help you with today?"

Himeko looked around at the cats and dogs for a moment. "Ummm.. oh yes!" She said startedly noticing this woman was looking at her oddly."I'm looking for a puppy too keep me company at home." She said, with a massive sweat drop forming."I'm such an idiot..." She thought to herself.

"Ok..." Said the woman unsurely "... first I need to have you sign some papers." The woman lead her to a quiet office in the back of the building with a few other people sitting in chairs filling out forms. The woman handed her a packet of papers stappled together and a pen and pointed to a chair.

She sat down and filled the form out within twenty minutes. She walked out into the main hall and handed the form to the lady. She looked it over slowly and nodded with a growing smile on her face. You'd make a great owner for one of these dogs she said giving Himeko a grand smile.

Himeko giggled happily and looked at one of the cages. A look of pure shock struck her face when she saw the puppy inside. It was small brown and a creamish color. "...That one." She said pointing to the cage with the puppy in it.

The woman took the puppy out of the cage and handed it to Himeko. Himeko cradelled the small warm puppy in her arms. It licked her face and she giggled as it showered her face in warm saliva."Heeheehee!""I'll take him!" She giggled.

The woman smilled warmly. She put a green collar around the dogs neck and took a matching green leash out of her back pocket. "Please follow me up to the front so you can pay for him and fill out the release papers.

Himeko kissed the puppy's head motherly and set him down on the ground gentley on all four paws. He wagged his small tail and strolled along at her side like a small child while looking up at her happily.

Himeko handed the woman some money for the puppy and the collar and leash that came with him and signed a small pink paper. "Thank you for this." Himeko said bowing her head politely before walking out the front door with brass bells chiming overhead.

The two walked down the street in a chipper stride toward the pet shop. She needed to buy some toys for the dog seeing all she had at home were some big stuffed animals from her friends back in the village for graduation and moving away.

Himeko and the puppy she had named Dou (dow) were strolling along in the public park for a nice long walk in the fresh air. Himeko noticed that there were dark clouds blowing in quickly from the west. It was almost 18:00 anyways so Himeko started to walk with Dou back in the direction of her apartment. It would probably take atleast a half hour to get there. She hoped dearly that it would not start raining on their way there.

She didn't want to get a cold, tomorrow was monday and she had to work in the morning. She had no choice, she couldn't call in sick. Tomorrow was the buisness outting and it only happened one day a year and she was the only photographer to take pictures. Her partner had moved to America to work for Time magazine.

Hurrying, almost in a jog she and the puppy jolted through the park only to be distracted by an unforgiving dark cloud over head sounding off thunder for all the city to hear.

"Shit!" Himeko exclaimed. She looked toward her purse then the sky. She opened it up and in her wallet was 15 dollars. That could probably get her a block away from her humble apartment in the heart of the city.

Himeko grabbed Dou in her arms and placed him in her purse. "They wont let us in a cab if they see you Dou, please try to stay quiet..."

Dou tilted his head in confusion but barked happily and wagged his tail. Himeko shook her head in disaprovement but gave a smile and patted his small head.

She got to the corner and waved her hand for on of the small yellow cars to stop and give her a ride. To her dismay none of them stopped. However, a man in a black limosine hand signalled his driver to pull over for her.

He rolled down his window and looked at her. "Himeko do you need a ride somewhere?" He asked with a concerned look on his face.

She looked at him for a moment before recognizing him. It was her boss! "Hey Mr. Kamiya!""Yeah I do need a ride!"

He smilled at her over joyedly and opened the door.