Karin Fan Fiction ❯ Chibi Vampire: the Selibri's Waltz, (Or: The Dream--The Reality.) ❯ Chapter 13

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 13
 
At the stalls, there were about nine individuals that were all naked, dirty, disheveled, and hungry! Despite the fact that they were Selibri, they still needed blood, and indeed, their captors were giving them just enough to keep them from going feral, but not enough to be strong. At this the other vampires began to look around for any stored blood they could find. While that was going on, Romulus and Remus were doing all they could to coax them out, talking in hushed and reassuring tones, saying, “Its okay. It's all over. They can't hurt you anymore. Come one out: we're here to help.”
None of them moved, and just stared and shivered in terror. There was no telling how long they had been there, and there was also no telling what kind of torture they were put into before they had come. They had known of the Selibri because Mina had spoken of them. She acted like they were real instead of myth, and they were not sure if her highness was going mad…until tonight! By this point, the others had returned with some blood that had been stored well, and about a cart's worth. They brought over one of the cauldrons and filled it up, and then wheeled it in front of them. All three eyes on each of their faces went wide, but they still did not move, not sure what was going to happen. At this the others backed off to where they were well out of reach of the cauldron, and it was then all nine rushed over and plunged their faces into the mix. They drank violently, and when it was low, they tipped it over, trying to lick out every lap they could. They then lay there, sighing peacefully and contentedly, and then one stood up to see if there was anyone approaching, but all they saw was the group just watching them. He finally spoke and said, “Are…are they really gone?”
“They're all ash,” said Remus.
At this they all calmed, and another said, “Then…who are you?”
“We come with greetings from our beloved princess—Mina Tepes,” said Romulus, at which they all took a cautious step back. Remus then said, “Don't worry: she fights against everything Vlad is doing, and she is trying to bring us peace. Trust us: we are here to help you!”
They relaxed again, but still did not give the group a very trusting look. At this, Anjou approached and said, “You have sought to become Golconda, or find them. Your search is over.”
They then looked at her with shock and surprise, and one young girl said, “Where are they? Can we meet them?”
Hondo smiled and said, “One is my daughter.”
They began to tear up and said, “Your aura does not say that you lie. It has to be true!”
They all fell at the feet of Hondo and said, “Oh father of the great one! Thank you for coming to save us—oh thank you!”
They were in tears, lying prostrate before him, and some were even hugging his legs. He just took it in stride and let things go.
 
Jean-Claude was pondering the sick situation as he went over to Karin, who was calmer but standing alone at this point, and he asked, “Are you okay?”
“I have wigged out before,” she said, “but that was the first time in a long time that that happened.”
“I don't know what to tell you,” said Jean-Claude, “I've seen you that way before, but not to that extent. Maybe you really have to get mad or something.”
“He hurt me real bad,” she said, “I just saw red after that.”
“It was the true form of her soul,” said a voice from behind. He wheeled around to see one of the Selibri standing there. She was not wearing a stitch of clothing, to which Jean-Claude immediately spun around and took off his jacket and handed it to her. She looked a touch confused to this, but she took it anyway and put it on. “I'm covered,” she said, and he turned around. Her third eye was closed at this point, but she also looked like and smelled like she really needed a bath. He knew that he was going to have to delouse the jacket before he left there. The woman then said, “What happened to her is something that can be controlled in time. All vampires have a form that their souls will manifest when the need calls for it, and apparently it took the form of a brave vampire warrior. Tell me; have there been times that you just did not want to be helpless?”
“That was my youth,” Karin said, “It is not so much that way now, but it was in the past.”
“Well, despite that,” she answered, “It was forged into your soul. We call that `true form' because it is what is truly inside you. Apparently, you want to help people that are weaker than you, and yet you want to be fearsome in the process of protecting. It is nothing over which to be ashamed. In fact, if you learn to control it, then you can become more than what you already are.”
Now Karin looked at her and said, “How much has been lost to us…I mean, our kind of vampire…oh, please, I was not trying to be insulting…”
She raised a hand and laughed, saying, “I think I understand, and please, no insult taken. I understand that you are from the mother stock of vampires—I do believe you are called the living vampires. In fact, when one says `true blood,' you are really what they mean.”
“How do you know so much?” asked Jean-Claude in amazement.
“We know everything,” she said, “But, because the undead that made up the households feared us so much, they hunted us and wanted us dead. There are more of us, but there are not many. We are so scattered that we are as elusive as the Sasquatch.”
“Why are you so feared,” he asked, but she motioned with her hand and said, “We can save that for later. For now, we must leave this place.”
“What is your name?” he asked.
“Miriam,” she said, “I am the oldest of the lot. And now, we must flee before the law arrives.”
“Don't worry about it,” said Jean-Claude, “I have a plan.”
He was saying that just as Romulus came up. He said, “I've talked with the princess' personal valet and bodyguard. We told her all that happened. They said we have to destroy this place.”
“Leave that to me,” said Jean-Claude, as he picked up the phone and called the Department of Extranatural Affairs.
 
While they talked, they walked around, and one of the males was stating what was to happen. He said, “They had several humans earmarked for tonight, and we were the dessert. They were going to take the humans, and then us, bind our hands, and then hang us upside-down over the cauldrons. Then they were going to take that ring and stick it into our necks, and the necks of the humans, and feed out of the cauldrons as they had unbridled sex. Some may have also been fed on as they hung there. It would have been terrible. It would have made anything that the Marquis de Sade could have conceived look like child's play.”
As he was finishing that, Jean-Claude announced, “Okay, here's the deal. We won't have to destroy it. First of all, I am going to have Chiyuki get some delousing body and hair cleansers and a fine toothed comb. You are to use the showers here and clean up. You will be clothed and brought back to Clan Tower. From there, you will get your wish and meet the Golconda. The boys from the Company will be in here soon with members from AMS to erase any evidence that anything went on in here. They also thanked us for tending to this before it became a government matter. Let's get to it.”
With that, they followed the game plan and then left as the boys arrived. Many were NSA agents posing as New York's Finest; others were from the Arlington Society office. They slipped out Romulus and Remus after they had described what happened at the airport, and they were not sure how they would be treated. Once that was done, they were gone.
 
As they went back, Jean-Claude was silent, pondering all that they had heard. Chiyuki saw this and asked, “With you so quiet, you must be planning something.”
“I have a lot to think about,” he answered.
“Well, we have a bit of time: spill it.”
“Do you think I have a `true form'? I mean, I'm only a dhampir. I am not sure that is in me.”
“I can't tell whether you want that or hope it never happens.”
“I really don't know.”
“Don't sweat it. If it happens, it happens. You'll just take it in stride like you do everything else.”
“I'm also thinking about the evil we face.”
“That is indeed the most twisted I have ever seen anything get.”
“It's just a reminder that we should be thankful to God that we got the deal we got.”
“True: it could always be worse.”
They sat quiet again, and this time Jean-Claude said, “It looks like you're chewing on something.”
She smiled and said, “We have to get this fixed quickly. Yet, I should have killed them slower. I didn't like what I saw either. I knew that some of our kind was capable of doing horrid things, but never that perverted. I just want a chance at them.”
“You may get your chance. Even if the trail leads us all the way to Romania, you may get your shot at one of the big ones—one even older than you!”
Chiyuki grinned widely at the thought, and then her smile faded. “But Dracula is a legend amongst the undead; I surely can't go and see him with a damaged kimono,” she said.
This time, Jean-Claude smiled, and laughed a bit, he knowing that she was trying to bring some levity into the situation. To play along with it, he said, “You sound like you want to ask him on a date or something. Wouldn't your husband get jealous?”
“No, I just respect his age over me, and any enemy who I think is worth it, I like to look the best for them. I would hate for them to think badly of me as they died.”
Jean-Claude let out a belly laugh and said, “Well, we can hit the oriental sector in the city tomorrow night. You can see about getting that fixed, and maybe we can gather more info. Besides, the kids have been bugging me to take them there, so that would be a good chance for that.”
Chiyuki shrugged and said, “And maybe I can buy Keelin-chan a new kimono, or maybe a Yukata.”
"That'd be great. I've needed a new Yukata myself. I like it around the house—warm, comfortable, easy to wear. Oh, by the way, how have Keelin, Franklin, and Kannon been getting along? I know Grand Duchess Kannon can be a bit overbearing, and I know Keelin is a bit shy.”
“Keelin doesn't talk much, even though I know now that whatever grudge she held is gone, she still doesn't talk much.”
“Think she'd like to come?”
“Keelin? Yea, she thinks herself Japanese and likes anything to do with the country and its culture,” Chiyuki said, nonchalantly.
“Sounds like the twins,” he said, “They are half Japanese, and, as you know, spent their first seven years there. I remember when Mickey first went to school in Maine. He sure zapped it to the school bully that made fun of his behavior and appearance!”
Chiyuki giggled and said, sighing softly, “Keelin makes me so proud, but it's hard to believe how fast she is growing.”
“Well, you know how special all the kids are,” he responded, “They are all not supposed to be. Except for Franklin, they are all empowered. It's like something evil didn't want them to be, and something divine not only allowed it, that divine thumbed the proverbial nose at evil by making them Golconda, including your daughter. She's gonna shine one day!”
Chiyuki had her hands folded on her chest; her hands resting on her heart, her face had an unfathomable expression on it of tenderness and affection for Keelin. Jean-Claude then said, “They think the world won't be as one, but they have never met the kids, or your daughter. I admire her as I admire my own: they are the future, and our hope!”
Chiyuki nodded in agreement, and then pushed all the feeling off her face, breathing in evenly and going back to a professional face. “Anyplace else we should be looking for info?” asked J-C, as he loaded a new clip into his Beowulf.
“Maybe we should just go to Transylvania and kick his behind now,” Chiyuki said, shrugging.
“Let's take the kids tomorrow, and then plan the trip—sort of a good-bye thing before you, I, and the rest of Die Kaiserenhand goes over and takes care of business.”
Chiyuki nodded in agreement, “That sounds good.”
“One thing's for sure: however this turns out, what we do, will be remembered in legend.”
Chiyuki nodded and then giggled, “We already are...”
“Let's get some rest, but you can patrol if you like. I'm sure you have ways of finding things out that I could never dream of.”
Chiyuki smiled, “I do, I have an entire inside circle that no one is aware of.”
“What we would need is where Vlad lives, what kind of forces he has, where are they located, and how far his reach has gotten, considering what we face here in the states.”
“We can tell you most of that,” said Remus, “But the rest is up to you.”
Chiyuki nodded and said, “Got that. I'm going to go talk to a few friends of mine now; if you want to come you can, if you don't, well then continue on.”
“Your friends are always interesting people,” said Jean-Claude, “Are they undead like you were?”
“No, they're normal vampires,” Chiyuki said, sighing.
“A year or two ago,” she said, thoughtfully.
“Let's go meet them, then.”
Chiyuki grinned and asked, “You think you can keep up?”
“Maybe not, but I'll do what I can,” he answered, “The rest of you, take back our guest and have them meet the royalty. Explain the whole situation and let them know what we have found out.”
With that, he started to follow.
 
Back at Clan Tower, the nine Selibri could not believe their eyes. When they entered, they saw the kids there, all of them, (except for Keelin,) with their third eyes open. Once they saw that, they dropped to the floor in homage, to which Mickey then said, “Please, do not do this thing! We are not gods, and we are vampire as you.”
Miriam, who was in tears, came up and said, “No, you don't understand, knowing that what we have sought all these centuries, all that we have been taught, has been realized in you! Soon, we shall have peace, and we shall have haven under you.”
Sophia smiled and said, “Indeed, you have safety with us. Stay with us and you shall never fear again. However there is one more thing that must be done before you can truly say you have what you have sought.”
With that, they watched as the royalty, (again, except for Keelin, who had not learned how to do this,) turn reddish in the skin and Sophia said, “We are about to inject you with the blood of the Fount of Psyche. This will come in the form of a bite, but do not fear. It shall not hurt you.”
They all looked at each other, not certain if this was something they should have expected, but they were what they were, and allowed them to approach. The first four were treated as the other five watched in wonder. They didn't hear any drinking sounds, and even heard the faintest of hissing as they injected the blood. After about five minutes, they pulled out, and the other five received the treatment, all the while that Romulus and Remus observed. They had never seen anything like this, and they wondered just what it meant for Mina and her future plans. Indeed, if they were as powerful as the claims stated, then it would be obvious that the nobility that existed, as evil as it was, would no longer be necessary. The only male had potential, and even though Mina's heart belonged to another, if it meant the furtherance of the dynasty of the Tepes, then she would have to do what she needed. However, this would be better, because, unlike the present nobility, they did not have her better interest at heart, and preferred to maintain the status quo as they would increase their grip on the world through her. Once they were done, they began to stagger back, and the Hand eased them back to their thrones. After the nine came to, they were starting to hyperventilate, and Miriam said, “It's incredible! I haven't felt like this in centuries! I can feel my heart beating! I feel warm.”
“You are now living vampires as us,” said Kannon, “You are now as we.”
There was now a cacophony of emotions going on: tears, laughter, joyful sobs, and other forms of gratitude, and they said, “Our lives for yours: we shall follow you to the ends of the earth!”
“Then we must have Jean-Claude select apartments for them, and see to it that all their basics are met,” said Sheila, to which Romulus said, “Leave that to us, courtesy of Mina Tepes. We have connections to where they could be outfitted even tonight.”
They all looked surprised, and Remus said, “When all this is worked out, your lives are going to be better to the twenty-fifth power.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
4