Karin Fan Fiction ❯ Chibi Vampire: the Selibri's Waltz, (Or: The Dream--The Reality.) ❯ Chapter 14

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 14
 
It was explained to the nine that they could eat food now, though they could only barely taste the food. However, Kannon mentioned how really good a cook her mother was, and she said that she had a way of spicing the food so that the smells more than made up for the lack of the taste. It was then that Remus took the opportunity to place a special call. Vera picked up on the other end, and she said, “Well, how did it go?”
“Makka called in some government men in and they removed every trace of anything ever having been there,” Remus said in return, “No one will ever be the wiser to things.”
“What else happened?” she asked.
“It was the most incredible thing we have ever seen.”
“So, what happened?”
“These kids that they call royalty actually turned these Selibri into living vampires!”
Thunderous silence reverberated through the phone, followed by a fainter one behind her. This was followed by the sound that sounded like someone was transferring the phone to someone else, and that was followed by Mina herself. Mina then said, “Vera told me. What do you mean that they were turned into living vampires?”
“They are pure bloods now,” responded Remus, who then relayed all that had transpired. More silence followed, and Remus then said, “Your highness, are you still there?”
She finally said, “Could it be? Do you realize how much better things now have gotten? This is not just us trying to do what we are trying; this is a whole new paradigm! The other royal houses now have no idea that their days are numbered! Not only do we see a new day for us, we shall see any connections to our evil past be removed forever! With the things that we have developed, nevermore shall we have to do what we have to survive, and the humans will never again have to fear that evil. Remus, do all you can to help propagate things where you are. If you can, get this, `Kaiserenhand' over here to Romania. Everything is accelerated now. We make the power play now, and we make grandfather reap everything that he has ever sown!”
He then told them about the Selibri, and she gave him carte blanch to do whatever he needed to make sure the Selibri was settled in. Once this was done, she hung up and said, “Vera, I am going to my certain room,” Vera knowing what that meant. She then said, “Have a full thermos ready for me. There is much I have to ponder, and much for which I must prepare.”
As she stood, she smiled as a tear began to roll down her cheek. She then said, “I wish to be in the most relaxed state I can be in.”
At this, her three maids—Nelly, Nella, and Nero—were immediately tending to this. They had her out of her dress as to where she was only wearing a string bikini bottom and her ribbons that pulled her hair to the sides in pony tails. A cape was then affixed around her, and she proceeded on. As she did, Vera pondered how this Jean-Claude would react to her. He was a very spiritual man—that much she knew. However, because Mina was what she was, she had zero in the way of inhibitions whatsoever. It was not that she would not dress modestly most of the time. It was just that, when she was feeling naughty, she did not hold back. Though her body was 12 years old, her mind was much older than that. She thought and acted like an adult, though she relished in acting childish from time to time, just getting the goats of people. She would use her naughty side to get people to react only so she could really get them to be themselves and see who they really were by how they reacted. Some would have called her a loli—short for Lolita. This would have been true if her actual age had been twelve, but she was at least 200 years old. Thus, she really shook people when she acted the way she did with the way she looked. She even had sexy dresses and lingerie that she wore specially designed for her. Considering who was coming, this was going to get real interesting!
 
Because Chiyuki was as old as she was, the centuries had only allowed her to hone her skills to be as fast as she was. If she truly wanted to push it, she could actually come close to breaking the sound barrier. The only thing that prevented her from getting even that close is that the friction on her skin would cause her to burn up like a meteor. Therefore, she kept it down for that sake, but she still was incredibly fast. At this, she was heading south, out of the state, and Jean-Claude had all he could do to keep up. He was quickly losing her, and he wondered where in the name of common sense she was going. Chiyuki noticed this, but didn't slow down. “Told you to keep up,” she yelled.
He knew she would lose him, so he just hoped that he could keep up with her scent trail. Chiyuki stopped once she reached Pennsylvania, and slowed down slightly. Jean-Claude was bringing up the rear, heaving all the way, suddenly feeling very hungry. She was in a small city, glancing around for the plantation house in which her friends lived. He pulled up to her, heaving all the way! Chiyuki grinned and said sarcastically, “You look tired!”
He just looked up at her all frustrated and said between gasps, “Let me...*gasp*...live...*heeee*...a millennium...*uhhh*....and maybe...*gulp, gasp*...I can...*IIIhhhhh*...keep up!”
Chiyuki sighed and rolled her eyes as she said, “Alright, we are almost there anyway.”
He said nothing as he continued to follow. When she stopped again, Chiyuki was standing outside a large plantation style house. Three vampires were on the porch, Onyx in a rocking chair, Tarai in the porch swing, and Yuri sitting on the railing. Jean-Claude, (still in full hunting regalia,) kept his scarf up and nodded his head to the three on the porch. Tarai dashed forward shouting, "CHIYUKI-SAMA!!!" and hugged her. Onyx stood up and walked over to her, Yuri was behind him. Jean-Claude stepped back for a moment and remembered his manners as he let them reunite. After said reunion happened, Chiyuki spoke, “This is a friend of mine, his name is Jean-Claude,” pointing to him. “I don't suppose you've heard of me,” he said, soft and low.
Yuri blinked and said meekly, “I haven't.”
Tarai shook her head no, saying, “I haven't.”
Onyx just stared at Jean-Claude, unimpressed and saying, “I have.”
“I hope you heard nothing bad,” said Jean-Claude in return.
“Nothing extremely bad,” Onyx said, shrugging, “It's mostly hearsay anyway.”
“Have you heard of the Clan?” Jean-Claude probed.
Onyx nodded, and seemed to be watching him carefully.
“Fear it not,” he said, “The Clan is the new paradigm. We are led by five Golconda, two of which are my children. It is prophesied that there will be symbiosis between the human world and the world of the true vampires. I believe in that, and I am doing all I can to aid its coming.”
Onyx raised an eyebrow to this, not certain what all that entailed. However, Chiyuki, to have some fun, said, “I have a new mission for you three: I need you to get some information about a wonderful person called...Dracula.”
“You DO realize that he's trying to raise a household, and a counter, of that which I speak," said Jean-Claude, not understanding why she was trying to paint a pleasant picture of the man, “and it certainly does not involve us pure bloods, but perverted undead! I spent the most of the last few years aiding in the destruction of the undead households that would have sought to destroy us. What makes you think he would not use you to his own ends?”
Chiyuki stared at Jean-Claude and said, “I was being sarcastic!”
Onyx snickered, Tarai bit on her lip to hide a smile, and Yuri giggled. Jean-Claude, now realizing that it was Chiyuki's sense of humor, just sighed and said, “In any case, any aid you could render us would help.”
Onyx shrugged and said, “Anything Chiyuki-sama tells us to do we do.”
Jean-Claude heard that and then knew he could trust them, and so he then took off the hat and scarf so that they could see his full face. Onyx blinked and asked, “Are we playing `who is cooler' now?" as he vanished into thin air. “No fair!” Tarai said, sticking her bottom lip out.
“They aren't exactly normal either,” Chiyuki said, shrugging.
“No,” said Jean-Claude, looking around and wondering where he had gone, saying, “I just wanted to relax a bit, knowing I could trust you three.”
Tarai had run off trying to find Onyx. Yuri blushed slightly and said; “C-Come inside then,” bowing and turning around to walk back towards the house. Jean-Claude followed Yuri, and, once inside, took off his trench coat, blue jacket, and set down his Beowulf rifle on top of all that. He took off his saber and set that there two. He now stood there wearing a brown tee shirt, black battle dress pants, combat boots, and fingerless black leather gloves. Yuri smiled meekly and asked, “We-Welcome to my home, umm would you like tea, or something?”
“Tea would be a good chaser,” said Jean-Claude, “But right now, I need the blood of evil, because Chiyuki had me burn up much in blood just trying to keep up with her.”
He saw his nervousness, and said, “Hey, relax! It's cool. That's just a persona—evil are frightened to death by that look.”
Yuri nodded and said, “I only have blood of the shy, of idiots, and of malicious people: that is our blood types.”
“Malicious is close enough,” he said, “I'll take some of that, and some tea to follow.”
Yuri nodded and walked back into the kitchen and walked back out with a wine glass with blood in it and said timidly, “I'm s-sorry we don't have anything better.”
“Hey, that's okay,” he said calmly, trying to calm his host, “This is luxury compared to the time I had to spend for a time drinking animal blood just to survive.”
Yuri blinked and asked, “A-Animal blood?”
“I guess I should tell you my whole story,” and he proceeded to fill them in on everything from Boris to Blade, and made sure not to skip details. Yuri stared at him in awe. “O-Oh, I knew there had to be a good reason you hung out with Chiyuki-sama.”
“She's now a trusted friend, and a whale of a hockey goal keeper!” he said, “She's a touch flaky, but we love her to death.”
Chiyuki rolled her eyes and punched Jean-Claude lightly on the shoulder. He chuckled and ribbed her a bit more, saying, “You should have her tell you about her husband and child.”
Yuri blinked and glanced curiously over at Chiyuki, who flushed a slight pink color. Chiyuki then said, “Yes, I'm married now, and have a seven-year-old child.”
“Her husband is my adoptive brother, so that kind of makes us related,” Jean-Claude added.
“O-Oh, I thought you two were...I'M SO SORRY!” she yelled bowing multiple times.
Jean-Claude glanced over to Chiyuki, trying to stifle a laugh, and Chiyuki blinked, completely caught off guard. He told her quietly, in the Creole which he knew she knew, “She thought we were married.”
Chiyuki then punched Jean-Claude in the arm again, but this time hard enough to knock him out of the chair as she asked, “Do what now?”
Again, in the Creole, he said, (now rubbing his arm,) “Yuri thought you and I were man and wife.”
Chiyuki's eye twitched, as she sent a glare at Yuri, who shivered in fear as a response as Chiyuki said, “NO! NO WAY NEVER! NOT HAPPENING!”
Jean-Claude turned a bit playful and said, “Hey, I remember when we first met. You asked if I had a mate knowingly, and apparently there was nothing wrong then. What's wrong with me as a husband anyway? Yuriya doesn't seem to mind.”
Chiyuki gave him a death glare and said, “I was curious then, and now the idea repels me.”
Jean-Claude smiled and said, “Hey, I'm just giving you a bit of ribbing on the square. Besides, I'm that repulsive?”
“To me,” Chiyuki responded, “to have you as anything but a friend, yes the idea repels me.”
Jean-Claude just smiled and said, “I can understand. Two big heads like ours would constantly be bonking together.”
“That and, I can only think of you with platonic feelings,” Chiyuki said, shrugging.
“Anyways, I should bring you guys to Clan Tower and let you meet Karin, Innocent, and the kids,” said Jean-Claude, “You may find safety in our company.”
“We are safe enough out here,” Yuri said, confidently, “what with our abilities.”
“I would not insist,” said Jean-Claude, “But you are welcome to visit anytime you care to. Karin is head chef, and she has learned how to do cuisine that not only tastes great, but also has pleasant textures to the tongue for your kind that can barely taste the food. You know she was once the fount of Psyche, but Ryuu rescued her from death.”
Yuri turned pale in the face. Chiyuki coughed and said in Creole, “The last time they heard of Ryuu, he was being controlled by Teresa.”
He returned in Creole, “Yeah, well we both know what happened to the wench. I wonder how she likes outer darkness, knowing she won't ever be free.”
Chiyuki shrugged and said, “She will come back some day.”
“Only if the Lord allow,” he responded with the faith that one would expect from him, “She can only do what He allows, and if that is the case, then it is only for a greater good. She's God's dupe, just like her hubby. She only has power He allows, and only allows it if something better and greater comes of it. Don't worry; you know I can handle her.”
Chiyuki sighed and said, unconvinced, “Yeah, yeah…”
Tarai came in, grinning and said, “I found Onyx.”
Jean-Claude turned around and said all warm and friendly, “Good to see you're back okay. Have a seat and kibitz with us for a while.”
Tarai grinned, and Onyx then appeared behind Jean-Claude. Jean-Claude jumped a bit, but he was used to Anjou doing things like that, and he said, “Well, good to see you pop in!”
Onyx grinned and sighed, as Tarai glanced around and said, “Now, what about that mission you wanted us to do Chiyuki-sama?”
“Are you going to ask these guys to spearhead for us into Romania?” asked Jean-Claude.
“Sort of,” answered Chiyuki, “I was going to ask them to get to one of his club thingies and try to get info on him through that. What you two girls could do is to use your feminine charm to seduce a few people into coughing up what we need to know. Onyx, since you can do what you do, we need to see if any more of Vlad's concubines are floating around. We already ashed one and we have to be sure that there are no more. If so, we need to see if she can lead us to some information to what his ultimate plans are here in the United States. If we can use that as leverage, we could get Uncle Sam in on this one, and perhaps with their help, we could make quick work of this.”
“Well then, I guess it's settled,” said Jean-Claude, “When do we get to work?”
“We are ready anytime,” Onyx said.
Jean-Claude put a bit of thought to it, and then he said, “Well, let's give it a few nights. I have to get the rest of the strike force ready. I figure that if Onyx gets into trouble, my specialists can get in there and help. In the meantime, it would be good just to come to NYC to meet the crew that will be assisting you.”
“Okay,” Onyx said, as Yuri latched herself onto his back. Jean-Claude smiled at the sight, saying, “You three have a great family thing going. Always cherish that, and never lose it. It is so precious.”
“Eh, I don't think we will,” said Onyx confidently, “We survived almost dying; I think we can make it the rest of the way.”
Jean-Claude said, “I'm sorry, it's just that...well...I had that once, and had it snatched from me, and now that I have it again, I never want to let it go. I see things like this, and it always gives me hope. Please forgive me: I may look rough, but I can be a big teddy bear sometimes.”
“Is that so?” Tarai asked, hugging Jean-Claude.
He gave her a squeeze back and said, “Thank you; you are so kind.”
Tarai grinned and said, “Thank you I like being complemented.”
“So, are you three brother and sisters?” Jean-Claude had to ask.
“Yep!” Onyx said, nodding.
“May I ask where your folks are, if it's not too personal?” he queried.
“Dead,” Onyx said, nonchalantly.
Jean-Claude was taken aback on how casually he said that, but he did not want to press for the reason why. He simply said, “I'm sorry to hear that. I know what that's like.”
“We would have soon joined them if it were not for Chiyuki-sama,” said Tarai, looking to Chiyuki with a look of love. Jean-Claude figured that it was not the best time to get details about the whole thing, so he just said, “Well, I'm glad you had each other to help each other through it. So, come by the Cavern Restaurant at Clan tower. It's at the southwest corner of Central Park, next to Trump Tower.”
The three siblings nodded as he then looked at Chiyuki and said, “Was that it, or would you like to socialize some more. I don't mind.”
“Nope, that about sums it up…Later!” she said, and she dashed out.
He just shook his head and laughed at her eccentric ways and just let her go and said, “I can stay, if you want. If not, I'll go ahead and take my leave.”
“It's okay; go ahead and go,” Tarai said, smiling sweetly.
“Then I'll see you tomorrow?” he asked.
“Mhmm...” Tarai said, grinning.
“It was a pleasure meeting all of you,” said Jean-Claude as he got his gear back on, “I hope you get to like my friends. I might be able to arrange a meeting with the royalty...well, I hope so...two of them are my kids, and one is my niece.”
Yuri nodded, Onyx gave a half wave, and Tarai said, “Ditto.”
 
Jean-Claude took it easier on his way back, and prepared to have something nice ready for the trio when they arrived the next night. On the one hand, he felt bad for all they had gone through, and on the other, he was happy to see that they had managed to find something for themselves, and hoped that they could feel like part of the family when all was said and done. He just had to be sure that the family would get past the only thing left on the earth that could prevent everything they had tried so hard to put together.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
1