Karin Fan Fiction ❯ Chibi Vampire: the Selibri's Waltz, (Or: The Dream--The Reality.) ❯ Chapter 21

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 21
 
The vehicle pulled up to a nice looking, up-scale hotel, and Jean-Claude said, “I should be able to get us one entire floor with the suites on it.”
Ryuu grinned, “I'd help, but I think you might have twin cows.”
Jean-Claude sighed, and said, “Since you speak the language, I assume, I'll have to let you deal with it. Do what you want.”
Ryuu grinned and walked up to the hotel, and thought “I'm surprised no one asked me how I got the car without any problems,” right before he talked to the guy at the receptionist desk.
The curiosity was there for Jean-Claude, not knowing what Ryuu was thinking at that moment, but somehow, deep down, he really didn't want to know. Ryuu continued to talk, smiling and his voice getting to the point of being seductive, when the hand at the counter handed him a set of keys, said something very fast and rushed and shyly, the way someone would talk to their idol after first meeting them. Ryuu grinned and beckoned them to follow. Jean-Claude turned to the posse and said, “Be prepared for the lap of luxury for the next few days, if Ryuu has his way.”
Chiyuki then walked into the hotel and jumped, landing so that she was sitting on Ryuu's shoulders. “Whatcha got for us to chill in?” she asked, apparently playing bongos on his head.
Jean-Claude smiled and said, “Ah, the beloved enigma that is our Chi-chan!”
Chiyuki grinned, and flipped off Ryuu's shoulders being the first to walk into the elevator to take them to their room. Anjou stayed to the far corner, looking down, face more ashen then normal. Chiyuki continued to keep a happy font up till they got into the room, and she didn't seem bothered by it. Yet, the room was obviously in good taste and style of the pricey kind. Jean-Claude began to walk around to see what all the knobs and whistles were. Chiyuki, however, was a bit more critical in her critique. “You've done better in the past,” Chiyuki said, playfully.
“There is an extra-large hot tub in each room, enough rooms for everyone to sleep in groups of two or three” said Ryuu, “I'm not entirely sure about our exact number. I just asked for the largest and best room.”
“I whish my wife were here,” said J-C, “We could have had that honeymoon we never got.”
Chiyuki blinked and said, “Well...I'm in luck,” as she glanced back at a room, then at Ren, and mouthed “later” to him. He smiled, but Anjou just looked to see with whom she was roomed. Ryuu, meanwhile, was looking for a place for himself. Ryuu blinked and glanced into one of the rooms. “I claim this one,” he said.
However, Anjou just took the first room and Sheila went with her. Jean-Claude stayed with his son and Aurelius. Anjou, however, once she was settled in, immediately sought out Chiyuki. She had to make things right.
 
Chiyuki was kicked back on one of the recliners, relaxing more then she usually would, truly enjoying herself. Anjou finally mustered up the courage to talk to her and softly rapped on Chiyuki's door. She was half hoping to take care of this, and half hoping that she would not answer the knock. “Its open,” Chiyuki called, not moving: the last thing Anjou wanted to hear at that moment. Anjou winced, gritted her teeth, then composed herself, turned the knob and walked in, as humble as she could appear. Chiyuki glanced over; interested that she would be here after what she had said. “Why are you here?” she asked, not bitterly, just curious.
Though now a young woman, she shuffled a bit as if she were still eleven years old. She quietly said, “I...I...I,” she stuttered, trying to find the words as tears seemed to be welling up from the knot in her stomach. She then said, tears rolling, “I was wrong about you. I was the selfish one, not you. I said some wrong things and...”
She began to sob a bit harder, and said, quietly, and through the sobs, “I'm...sorry.”
She then collapsed to her knees in tears. Chiyuki moved to her side, “Stop crying; you weren't selfish. Nobody was at fault; you stood up for something you believed in because you thought someone was challenging it. It's not a selfish thing.”
“I, of all people, should have known better,” Anjou sobbed, “I know what it's like to be alone, to lose everything, to be abandoned when I needed someone. I'm so sorry.”
“It's not your fault, understand, if anything its my fault for being so unclear about my intentions.”
“Please, forgive me. I need to hear that. I want you as a friend, Big Sister. I need all the friends I can get.”
Chiyuki, not use to this type of thing, rubbed her back as a comfort, “I'll be a friend, just I can have a sour temper sometimes.”
Through the sobs, she could not help but chuckle and smile a touch, saying, “You're so much like Big Brother. I still remember some years back in Bangor: he knocked the door off its hinges to get my attention.”
Chiyuki giggled and said, “That sounds like him!”
“Maybe we should teach him how to cool off,” she said coquettishly.
“Huh?” Chiyuki asked, scratching her head slightly.
“Maybe Big Brother needs to learn how to cool that temper.”
“What are you suggesting?” Chiyuki asked suspiciously.
“Well, I know he was kind of drooling over the hot tub thing...”
Chiyuki blinked, “You're not making and sense to me.”
“Let's get some dry ice and sneak it into his hot tub...” hoping she would get the hint, “and what else could we do?”
“Hmm...” Chiyuki grinned like the Cheshire cat.
“Let's go get the dry ice!”
Chiyuki grinned and cheered, walking down to the lobby to talk to the receptionist.
 
At that moment, being roomed with Ryuu, (he being the only other bachelor there,) was in his birthday suit, easing his way into the hot tub, sighing in pleasure as every inch of his chiseled form eased into the water. Now he REALLY wished Yuriya was there. Ryuu was staring off into space, unblinking. Jean-Claude looked at Ryuu and said, “I understand the need for keeping vigil, Bubba, considering that this is a tough foe. But, would it hurt you to enjoy yourself just a little? Hey, you have to remember the Roman bath houses. I always wondered what that was like.”
Ryuu glanced back at him, “I'm thinking…” he said, indifferently.
“What are you thinking about,' asked J-C, “Penny for your thoughts?”
“I'm thinking about Ai,” he said, sighing.
Jean-Claude drummed his fingers for a minute, and then he figured he would speak. He had wanted Keelin to say it, but he decided that he needed his best man with a right head. “You know,” said Jean-Claude, “What would you say if I were to tell you that she is closer than you think, and I do not taunt you by that?”
Ryuu blinked, “What do you mean?”
“On the flight over here, I linked minds with Keelin. It seems she has two spirits guiding her, acting like a Yin and Yang. One of them...was Ai.”
“Who was the other?” he asked.
“One I question highly, and wonder how she got a pass out of Hell to do this. I think you know of whom I speak.”
“Teresa,” Ryuu said, shaking his head in disapproval.
“I agree,” said Jean-Claude, “That's the last being in the universe outside of Lucifer himself that I would want to be her Yin or Yang. I know she doesn't have her, or our, best interest at heart, but would love to hurt us by hurting her.”
Ryuu nodded, “Names have power, and the more her name is said, even if with vile venom dripping off every letter. She gains more power. She already has a cult, trying their hardest to resurrect her.”
"I've heard it said that, to not mention certain names are what gives them power, in that, it makes someone more than what they are. I would rather see her name become more profane than legendary by not mentioning it. I read Harry Potter to the kids when they were small, you know.”
“True, but her name is a word worse then any other.”
“Regardless, I don't like her being a part of this yin/yang thing with Keelin. With her there...I'd love to stick her yin up her yang!”
“Her being there has a purpose, and as you would say, God will not reveal his plan in the most obvious ways, and works in the single strangest ways.”
Jean-Claude pondered this, but something else was being pondered by two ladies at that moment.
 
“I have the dry ice, Big Sister. What do you have in mind?” said Anjou.
“I'm not sure, he is still in his room, he won't come out,” Chiyuki whispered, her especially sensitive hearing coming in handy now.
“Part of it was that I wanted to drop this in his hot tub bath.”
“I think he might be in his hot tub, I hear water, and they are talking, but I can't quite pick it up, something else keeps distracting my ears.”
“Like what? Oh, and we have to get at it. This stuff won't last long.”
“Music and I think a couple a few rooms down...” Chiyuki said, her eyes closed, she was so concentrated that she had put herself in a trance.
“I'll check on the music, and come back. Then, using your speed, run in, drop it in, and come out.”
Chiyuki nodded and stretched her legs slightly as Anjou investigated the music. At that precise moment, Ryuu turned his back, and Chiyuki ran in there as fast as she possibly could and as quietly, dropping the ice in his tub and getting out before a second had passed. Because of the heat in the sauna, the dry ice suddenly filled the room with a deep mist all along the floor, but at ground zero, J-C was engulfed. He screamed and thrashed, falling over a few times and submerging, trying to regain his faculties, but to no avail. Chiyuki broke out in laughter. “CHHHIIIIIIIIIIYUUUUUUUUUUUUKI!” Ryuu yelled.
Anjou heard this and she was on the floor in stitches. Chiyuki came into the room and asked, “Yes Ryuu?” her voice completely under control.
Jean-Claude was just stumbling out of the tub, dry ice mist floating all over the floor, coughing and wheezing, buck naked! Chiyuki made sure not to look in Jean-Claude's direction. “I'll go so he can get dressed,” she said, grinning as she walked out.
“YOU ARE SO GOING TO PAY FOR THIS!” hollered Jean-Claude.
“Wasn't me though,” she said, as she left.
Anjou was laughing so hard now she was fighting for air as Chiyuki left and broke out in laughter again. At first, he was growling, but that slowly started to turn into a laugh as he realized that only Corn Muffin could have come up with that. He wrapped a towel around his waist, stepped out, and said, “That was dirty, underhanded and mean...AND I DIDN'T THINK OF IT FIRST!”
Chiyuki wasn't there. She was in her own room, reading of all things, but she could not help but have a bit of a chuckle hearing what Jean-Claude had said.
 
As she sat and read, Ren came in, saw this, and said, “What are you reading, puddin?”
“I'm not sure,” she said, tackling Ren.
As they kissed on the floor, he reached over and grabbed the book. “The scientific Theory of Science” was the name of the book. He nibbled on her ear for a moment, and said, “What catches your eye in this?”
“I don't know; it makes me look smart?”
He set the book down and rolled her over, saying, “After a thousand years, who could accuse you of being stupid?”
He cut his tongue slightly, and then kissed her. Chiyuki brushed her tongue against her fang, causing a minor cut and kissed him back. He whispered to her, “Where's Keelin?”
“In her own room,” Chiyuki said.
“Good,” he said, “That means she won't bother us.”
He scooped her up, turned on the hot tub, and he put them both in, never mind that they were both still dressed. Chiyuki blinked, and normally would have complained about her outfit getting ruined, but at this point, she just didn't care. “Oh dear, you're clothes are all wet,” he said, “I have to do something about that,” and began to peel of her clothes, exploring every inch of her with his tongue as he went. After their time together, Chiyuki was leaning against the hot tub, through-out the events she somehow ended up out of the hot tub: Ren asleep on her bosom. A small knock came on the door.
 
Before this, in her laughing fit, Anjou felt a twist in her stomach that she had had a few times before coming there, and as before, she threw up both blood and any food she had eaten. This made her suspicious, and she really began to get some ideas. She went over to a calendar and began to look over the dates. It was then she realized that she was late… Chiyuki picked up Ren and said, “Just a minute,” putting him on the bed, throwing a blanket over him, then putting a bathrobe on and answering the door. It was Anjou, cute smile on her face, but a little worried. “I need to ask you a few things,” she said, hoping Chi would be an ear for her. “Umm, sure…” she said, stepping out of the room.
She led her to one of the couches in the hall, and she said, “How does a vampire know when she's...well...”
Somehow, Chiyuki knew where this was headed, and the sudden sounds of churning in her digestive tract let her know just what it was about which Anjou was asking. “Pregnant?” answered Chiyuki, finishing Anjou's question.
A tear rolled down her cheek, and she squealed a “yes' as she nodded her head. Chiyuki sighed and stuck her hand to Anjou's womb area. And waited, closing her eyes in concentration. When she did, there was more than one: a boy and a girl rested within the young woman's body. “Twins: Male and Female,” said Chiyuki, “Congratulations!”
“No, it's bad right now,” she sobbed, “I should have noticed it when I had a sudden desire for more blood than normal. It's been two months like that. I wasn't sure what was going on and now...now...I'M JEOPARDIZING EVERYTHING!”
She buried her face into Chiyuki's mumbling, “How could Big Brother ever forgive me for this.”
The bawling caught Karin's attention. Chiyuki patted Anjou's back, and glanced at Karin for help. Karin came over and sat down, “Oh big sister,” Anjou cried and now clung to Karin, “Big brother will never forgive me for this!”
Karin mouthed to Chi, “What happened?”
Chiyuki put a hand on her abdomen then held up two fingers. Karin looked overjoyed, and then sad, realizing the timing of the whole thing. Chiyuki nodded, the got thoughtful, stuck her hand on her own stomach, and sighed in relief. “You shouldn't be sad,” said Karin, “Jean-Claude's always had a soft spot for you. You need to tell him.”
Chiyuki nodded, “She is right Anjou-chan.”
“Would you two go with me?” she asked.
“Of course, you silly goose!” said Karin, smiling.
Chiyuki nodded and stood up, “Let's go then.”
 
When they went in, Jean-Claude was wearing a yukata kimono and some Japanese house shoes, and he said, “What's up?”
“Jean-Claude,” said Karin, “You're going to be an uncle again.”
“You?” he asked, quizzically.
“No, me,” said a soft voice from the middle.
Joy overcame the face of Jean-Claude, and he scooped her up, dancing around the room, going, “Oh, that's great news!” but then suddenly realized what was happening, stopped, and said, “Ooh, bad timing, Muff.”
He gently set her down, and said, “Yeah, we do kinda have a problem.”
The twins then stuck their heads in and said, “What's going on, Dad?”
“I could run her back if you wanted,” Chiyuki suggested.
“This could take days, this could take months,” said Jean-Claude, “That could be feasible, but there are skills she has that we need.”
“What's wrong?” asked Sheila.
“You and your brother are going to be cousins again,” said Jean-Claude.
“...And you're contemplating taking her back,” stated Mickey, finishing the thought.
Chiyuki sighed and waited, hoping that her expertise would not be called upon. “We could watch after her,” said Sheila, “at least, until it became too dangerous for her to be here, if it takes that long.”
Chiyuki listened, everything seemed fine, pleasant. Until Keelin came into the room, breathing heavily, “We have to move…” she said, “…now!”
The twins started to move, and Jean-Claude never had to question the instincts of his children. Karin and Anjou both looked quizzical about the whole thing, but the twins swept them away before they could ask. In a flash, Jean-Claude was ready for combat, and he asked Keelin, “What, who, and how many?”
“A lot: apparently Ryuu's presence was a bad and good idea,” she said, closing her eyes, “Lots and lots of undead.”
“Are they coming this second,” asked Jean-Claude, his heart rate now racing, “and are they coming to his hotel or to the city in general?”
“Yes,” Keelin said, as if it was an answer to both questions at once, “They are armed to the teeth. These aren't the idiots you fought back in America.”
However, as she spoke, she didn't seem to be speaking as herself. “Is it just the hotel in danger, or the whole city?” he said, too geared up to catch what was happening to Keelin.
Keelin smirked, “If they have their choice, the entire city.”
“Zut alors!” snapped Jean-Claude, “This is going to get ugly. The people are in danger, the local cops are definitely going to try to do something, but there is no way we can do this quietly. We have no choice. I just hope this doesn't bring certain things before we are ready for them to be exposed. To arms! And don't be worried about ashing any of them. If Vlad was responsible for this, believe me, we will be doing those people a favor!”
Keelin shook her head no. “You won't win if you go out there now,” she said, “Too many, even for the Red Devil and Cain.”
“We just can't let them ravage the city!' he said, “Besides, they haven't experienced automatic weapons!”
He locked and loaded his Beowulf rifle and said, “They had better be ready now!”
With that, he proceeded to head out, but then turned back and said, “What choice do we have? Do you have any better suggestions?”
“Run! It's the best one. Too many will be lost in this fight if you go,” Keelin said, her eyes were red, demonic.
Jean-Claude looked her in the eye, cocked his head, had a good guess in who was talking, (knowing the lying spirit he may be hearing, due to the look, and the use of Cain instead of Ryuu,) and then said, “Wrong answer,” and headed out.
Karin was bug eyed, and said, “We have to stop him!”
The twins said, “We don't. Besides, they have never seen the likes of us. Keelin, can't you control them?” and they followed their father.
Keelin grinned, “That will be his undoing. I'm not to be blamed for this loss. I warned him.”
Anjou looked at Keelin, and she then began to look at the look, saying, “I know that look...Teresa! I may not have served the Lord as long as Big Brother, but I can see a lying spirit when standing in front of me. I rebuke you, you evil spirit, in the name of the Nazarene. BE GONE!”
Whether or not it had an effect, she did not care. All she knew was that Big Brother was out there and she was not about to let him die alone if that was the case.
Keelin giggled and said, “Maybe I should help,” she said, leaning back, “They might win that way.”
Chiyuki ignored Keelin and walked out to follow Jean-Claude. Ren stared angrily as the rest went to gather the troops for the fight, and said, “Well, kid, are you going to just sit there, or are you going to do that for which we brought you four thousand miles?”
Keelin blinked, and glanced up, then ran off. Ryuu sighed and followed. Ren grabbed his own rifle and followed up.
 
Jean-Claude was following his instincts, trying to find the foe. He said to himself, “I would rather be cursed to Hell than to let anyone find my body with my sword in its sheath, not covered in the blood of my enemy,” quoting Col. Travis right before the Alamo.
“Nor would I let them find it that way, big brother,” said a voice standing next to him. He was pleased to see Anjou ready to go. “This could be suicide,” said Jean-Claude, not knowing that help was on the way. His children caught up to him and were ready for the worst.
 
While airborne, a transmission was coming through to Mina. “Ma'am, it looks like Vlad has made the first move. He has sent a large force out there, hoping to expose everything, and in more ways than one. He intends to flush them out for a fight in the open, hoping to start another persecution or something like that.”
“Of course, you know you cannot let that happen,” responded Mina, “Are the other seven there, Remus?”
“They are in place and ready to act, your highness,” he responded.
“Then, show grandfather the reason why it is a bad idea to mistreat the Earth Clan,” said Mina as she cut transmission.
She sat back in her seat, thinking about what was to happen. If it was as many as she feared, she was not sure what the small band could do about it. However, with the Elite Eight there to help, they would be more than a match.
 
 
 
1