Karin Fan Fiction ❯ Chibi Vampire: the Selibri's Waltz, (Or: The Dream--The Reality.) ❯ Chapter 24

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 24
 
“Ah, just as good as I expected,” she said, “Aunt Elda was right about that.”
“Would you mind it too much if we asked you for an explanation to all of this?” asked Anjou, to which the newcomer said, “So much Aramash in you: you have so many Irish traits. You look just like Aunt Elda.”
Karin was stunned at this and she said, “How do you know me?”
“That's right,” she said, “You were unaware that I even existed. They even had thought me dead until all that was happening in Japan was happening, and then your little number you pulled on the Inquisition. It was that stir in France that even got me interested, my little Fount of Psyche. Yet, I apologize for not properly introducing myself. I am Elga Marker—Henry's cousin and your aunt.”
Thunderous silence greeted her response, and seeing them in stunned silence gave her resolve to continue. She said, “Not all of us left Europe during the purge. Some of us went into hiding. Because of the purge, we were forced to make compromises where we could. In truth, many of Vlad's faction knew of us, but they said nothing about our existence lest he decide in our extermination. They knew that, if the Inquisition came after us, they could have been next. They also told us to move here to Romania where the Catholic Church has about as much influence as the Orthodox Church. It took some adjustments, but we managed to get a hold of the language. Of all the Romantic languages, Romanian is closest to pure Latin than any other tongue, and we made the adjustment fairly well from French, though those who have more of a base in Indo-European had troubles. What the Tepes do not realize is how hard we have worked behind the scenes to keep them from being discovered. The reason for that is that our own safety depended on their secrecy. Then along came the mutt, and all that changed.”
The eight were now looking a bit cross considering that “mutt” was also an insult to them, though it carried a different meaning. Still, she was family to Karin and Anjou, so there was not much they could say, and lowered their blades. She gave them a look of “It's about time!” and went over to meet her niece. Now she bore a smile and said, “I hear that you were able to pass of the mantle of the fount and become a normal pure blood.”
“It's a long story,” said Karin, to which Elga said, “Honey, we have plenty of time, but let's find a good place to talk.”
Elga then went over to Jean-Claude and said, “However, you started this ball rolling, and I want to know if you have the courage to finish this thing.”
“To ensure as much peace as can be gained, though I know it will never be absolute,” said Jean-Claude, “I stake my life on it.”
“What you will soon learn,” said Remus, “is that it is going to be greater than you even realized. However, the Red Devil did say much wisely, because now, with what is coming, we need allies. If our factions are in abject fear of extinction from you, it will wreck everything the princess is attempting. However, the best approach to this is the simplest one: take down Vlad. The princess will be queen, and restore order. It may take up to ten years to build the Bund, but when it is done, the miracle you so desire, day walker, will be a reality. The Dream shall be the Reality.”
 
Before they could head out, Ryuu came out with Evan, now very willing to talk. “She'll tell you anything you want to know,” he said.
Jean-Claude then turned to Evan, and said, “Alright, I want to know every safe house, every hideout, and the names of every lieutenant that you have that works under Vlad.”
He also had had time to shape his next statement, because what Chiyuki had told him had had time to sink in, and now was the time to put it to the test. He began to walk away, but then he stopped, and turned around, and he remembered that indeed the Clan had the key for reformation of any undead through the kids, and he wanted to put what she had said to the test. “I also make you an offer,” said Jean-Claude, “You're undead status can be removed from you if you wish it. We have the means. You can be every bit the vampire you think yourself to be, and more. However, you will have to repent of your evil ways. If you come to us, I promise you, you will not have to have but one pint a night, you won't have to kill anyone, and you can retain your humanity, and have the safety and protection of the Clan. This does not have to end in your death. Unlike others who think themselves gods, I do not think of myself that way. I know how to be merciful. The offer is yours.”
This raised the eyebrows of everyone, because they had never seen or heard anything like that from him before. Chiyuki left out a soft chuckle and didn't respond to his comment, watching the female give out all the answers Jean-Claude needed. Anjou was jotting down every answer, having learned shorthand in college. Then Jean-Claude said, “Now, what about the other offer. You gave the information, so, as payment, I give you that chance.”
The vampire glanced back at Ryuu, asking for permission. “She isn't in her right mind Jean-Claude. I had no idea you wanted her to be able to make choices for herself,” Ryuu said, sheepishly, “Besides, what brought this on all of a sudden?”
“Let's just say Jiminy Cricket happens to wear red hair and a red kimono jacket,” said Jean-Claude, looking over at Chiyuki, “But keep her. We can take her back to the hotel and let Keelin have a shot at her.”
He then looked at Chiyuki and said, “And don't you start singing, when you wish upon a star.”
Anjou, to be funny, sang, “...makes no difference who you are.”
The rest of the posse, including the eight, caught on and sang, “...anything your heart desires...” and looking at Chi. Ryuu nodded while trying to stifle a laugh. However, someone was lost on this. “Why am I being made reference to a cricket?” Chiyuki asked, not understanding what they were talking about, much less singing.
There was a slight pause, and then everyone busted out laughing as Karin said through laugh tears, “Remind me to tell you about the Disney move `Pinocchio.'”
“Okay?” Chiyuki said, confused, and upset people were laughing at her ignorance.
“Believe me,” said Karin as she put her arm around her, “We're not trying to be mean to you! Let's go back.”
She agreed to this, and Elga said, “Let me get my Beamer.”
However, she did not approach a car, but her motorcycle. They all looked at her and she said, “My gang is called the Night Devils. They call me Hell Bat!”
She put on her helmet and revved up the bike, and all Ren could do was just shake his head on just how crazy his family was.
 
They returned to the hotel and the Markers, save for Jean-Claude, and were filling each other in on the details of their lives, while another drama was being played out. Jean-Claude then said, “Chiyuki, I think it is safe to bring out Keelin for our `friend' here.”
“I trust Ryuu's ability to control her farther then I can throw her,” Chiyuki said.
“Well, you're the one that said I should try,” said Jean-Claude, a little annoyed now, “I am trying.”
“And you are,” responded Chiyuki, “I'm just telling you that Ryuu has her under control for now.”
“What do you think would happen if we brought out Keelin?”
“One of two things: Ryuu would lose control, the girl goes psychotic, and she dies...or Keelin gets her under control and does the same thing she did to Aurelius.”
Jean-Claude went in where Keelin was and said, “Hi, kiddo! Hey, do you sense anything right now?”
“Who did you bring with you, uncle?” Keelin asked.
“Okay, here's the scoop,” said Jean-Claude, “We have outside an undead we need to convert, but your mother is afraid she might see you, go postal, and rock your world. Is there anything you can do from here to get her under control, and then for you to do your thing?”
“I dunno...I can sense her presence, it's everywhere, and wild, but controlled by someone besides herself.”
“That is Ryuu,” said Jean-Claude, “Try to concentrate, and see if you cannot link with her.”
As she did, he got behind her, and quietly pulled out his saber, so as not to startle her, and so as to be ready just in case. Keelin closed her eyes and focused, a breeze with no natural cause came out and caught her hair, lifting it up slightly. Jean-Claude stood at the ready, just in case a maniac came busting through the door. Keelin's voice came out, and said, (though it wasn't her speaking,) “Jean-Claude, put your sword away, nothing bad will happen.”
Considering one of the forces behind the girl, Jean-Claude re-sheathed his sword, but kept his hand on the hilt. Keelin giggled childishly and said, “Its Ai, send that undead in.”
Jean-Claude opened the door, stuck his head out, and he said, “Ai said to bring the undead in.”
Ryuu nodded and told her to go in, and she complied quickly, not wishing to displease him. Jean-Claude still kept his vigil. Ai touched the girl's forehead, light surrounding her and wind catching her clothing and hair. Ai then broke contact with her and held her forehead, “Kill her!” she said, “Now!”
That was it for Jean-Claude. He swiftly had the saber out, and the head off the undead. This was not the end result he wanted as the undead turned to ash, but Keelin was safe. Keelin sighed, and shivered slightly. “Too much evil in her,” she said, then fell to the floor when Ai let go of her control over her. Now Jean-Claude understood even more her value. If there was reformation, then she would be the key in determining who lives and who dies, for she could see far more than anyone. He laid her down on the couch and covered her with a blanket. He then went out and relayed to the others all he saw, heard, and what he had concluded. Chiyuki swallowed noisily and worriedly, “If that's Ai's purpose then what is Teresa's?”
“I really don't know,” said Jean-Claude, “It could be that she is there to indicate evil when she finds it. However, I doubt asking her would do any good, considering that she is an expert liar.”
Ryuu sighed and said, “I think her purpose is to teach Keelin the evil side to her powers, and Ai the good, because she would need both to make her decision on how to use them.”
“Well, as icky as it is to have Teresa around,” said Jean-Claude, “I do understand the good/evil vs. right/wrong thing. I even remember where a wicked king in the Bible was trying to seduce a righteous king to go up into an unnecessary war to fight, and all the wicked king's false prophets were saying that God had given over this battle to him before it even started. However, one prophet really did have God's ear, and would never tell the king anything he wanted to hear. That one was brought up at the other king's request, and that prophet said that the wicked king should not go, for if he did, God would use it to exact justice for all the wicked things he had done. He even said that God allowed the prophet to look into heaven and see the sons of God—that is, angels—on his right hand and left. The ones on his left were fallen angels, but even they have to obey God's commands. Anyway, God announced, `Who shall go as a lying spirit in the ears of Ahab's prophets, (he was the wicked king,)' and one said, `I shall go,' and God let it be. This was to get Ahab into the position to where God could exact justice. The prophet said that an arrow would find him between the fifth and sixth rib, he would die, and the dogs would lick up his blood. Despite all Ahab did, this was precisely what happened. Was that angel evil? Yes. Was that the right thing to do? As wicked as Ahab was, it was most certainly. We could have a similar thing here.”
Chiyuki nodded and said, “M-Maybe...” looking truly worried and fragile.
Not knowing what to say, he walked over to Ryuu and said, “What do we tell her? How do we calm her down?”
“Which one?” he asked, pointing towards Keelin having a psychotic rage episode in the other room, and then to Chiyuki rocking back and forth on her feet.
“Perhaps you should take Chiyuki and I take Keelin when she wakes up,” said Jean-Claude, “Then you can have Keelin if I can't make headway.”
“Are you sure you want Keelin?” Ryuu said, glancing back at Keelin, who was walking around, talking all crazy-like.
Jean-Claude thought for a moment, and then he said, “Okay...you take Keelin.”
Ryuu nodded and walked towards Keelin, whispering soothingly in some weird language. Meanwhile, Jean-Claude went to try to calm Chiyuki, saying, “Chi, Ryuu's here; he can help us.”
“N…No! She'll corrupt Keelin, like she corrupted me, like Ai, and like Ryuu...We'll never be free from her!”
Jean-Claude had no idea just how horribly Teresa had treated her, and worse, he was not sure he wanted to know. However severe it was, though, Jean-Claude knew she had genuine fears, and he now knew it was going to be a difficult task to reassure her. He then said, “Makes ii sound like I would have to perform an exorcism or something.”
Chiyuki glanced up at him, terrified that such a thing might have to take place, but not confident that it would do any good. “She is always there, she'll always find a way,” she said, starting to go into hysteric sobs.
Ren came over and held her, starting to console her. Jean-Claude walked into the room and said, “Outside of prayer, is there anything I can do? Chiyuki is going into hysterics.”
Ryuu glanced up at him and asked, “You wanna learn how the undead fought of weaknesses—the true undead, like myself, Vlad, and Chiyuki (at one point)?”
“If it will help put an end to things,” said Jean-Claude, “That, and to satisfy Chi's itch to see some reformed. However, I was talking about Keelin's state. Chi is all afraid that Teresa is going to kill her and everyone else around her. I feel like I should perform an exorcism or something.”
“You'd preform it on Chiyuki; it's a way to get her out of the state.”
“What do we do about the Teresa thing?”
“We know her purpose, it's to help Keelin in some manner, so we leave her be.”
“How do we convince Chi of this? I mean, look at her: she's bawling her eyes out in Ren's arms. What did Teresa do to her?”
“A lot of things...I don't have the stomach to repeat them.”
“Then we have a problem.”
“A lot of problems, though, right now, Keelin, Chiyuki, and your cause are the most important at the moment.”
“Then where do we go from here?”
“I'm not sure. I think this is a very tough thought process, and test in your faith. Please feel free to figure this out while I go calm down Keelin and then Chiyuki.”
He then went back to his room, to meditate, to pray, and to think.
 
Ryuu walked up to Chiyuki, mumbled something in a language no one was familiar with. Chiyuki then instantly got out of her hysterics. Ren was shocked on how quickly she had changed her tune. “A charm,” said Ryuu, “Those words have magic in them. Can you remember them? I can't repeat them.”
“I hope,” said Ren, now running through his head what was said. He could only say it phonetically, considering that he did not know the language from where those words sprung. “Pray you don't forget or mess up when I'm not here!” Ryuu warned, and then walked over to Keelin.
Ren kept repeating it to get it, and then wrote it down and put it in his pocket. The paper, (though he could not feel it), had incinerated in his pocket, for whatever forces had provided Ryuu with the words did not want them copied for the fear of them being lost, and then found by someone would use them ignorantly to great disaster. He then went to follow up on his daughter. Keelin was passed out, and Ryuu was petting her head. Ren then said, “Please tell me what has been going on! I am scared to death for her, and now I wonder if my wife was right in saying not to bring her.”
“Keelin should have come,” Ryuu said, “I'm not sure why, but I have a gut feeling this will work out for the best. But by all means, if you feel you must, take her away, but not without her opinion on the matter.”
“Then, should we all just have a good day's sleep and move on tomorrow?” asked Ren.
“I think so,” said Jean-Claude, who had just returned, “but I do like Ryuu's idea of everyone talking about this before we go. If Keelin doesn't want to go on, I could not blame her, and I would completely understand.”
Ryuu sighed and picked up Keelin, seeing who would hold her or if he was supposed to. Ren took her up, went over to Chiyuki, and he said, “Let's put her between us while we sleep.”
With that, everyone retired. Ryuu sighed and went back to the couch and sat there, staring blankly at the wall in thought.
 
A chopper landed in the city not too far from all the action, and Vera emerged, Mina in tow, and Mina then said, “What happens now?”
“I think they may be going tomorrow,” answered Vera, “But we have to see what they do. Remus has not contacted us, and thus we do not know their next move.”
Mina thought for a bit, and then she said, “Then we shall get a room in that hotel. It is time to introduce myself once we know what is going on. Things are coming to a head, and we may have to act swiftly. Indeed, the day walker has proven himself, and he shall prove to be a great aid to me while I wait for Akira's return. Soon, Vera, our year of Jubilee shall come!”
With that, she affected a confident grin, and Vera asked, “Do we call for a limo?”
“No,” was her answer, “Let us walk: Brasov is beautiful this time of year, and they would never expect me to be walking in the open.”
Vera was elated to see her confidence and joy returning. The only thing she could think now was that a new paradigm was about to fall on the world of the night, and though the world would not have peace, it would have more order for the children of the night to keep the children of the day from feeling threatened, and that they would have the ability to make the world a better place for all sentient creatures all over the world. Not all would understand this, but it was a start.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
5