Karin Fan Fiction ❯ Karin's Wedding ❯ Chapter 19

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 19
 
Maki lay there for three days, not sure of what to do with herself. In the meantime, the Clan made up excuses for her so that her mother could cover for the store. Karin had to be supplied with bottled blood. It was not the greatest, but at least it was better than starving. Finally, Maki began to moan and twitch. “I feel so cold,” she moaned, “My stomach hurts so much!”
“Karin,” said Chiyuki, “She has to feed, she cannot stay there!”
“Come on, Maki,” said Karin, “You've been in the same clothes for three days and you haven't eaten. You have to get up!”
“I don't care,” said Maki, “Nothing matters now.”
Karin started to get up in order to freshen up herself, but Maki caught her arm, and said, “No, please, I don't want to be alone.”
“You act like you're dying,” said Karin.
“Why not?” asked Maki, “What's there for me now? I just don't want to be alone when it comes.”
Chiyuki was starting to get frustrated, and she said, “Okay, that's enough!”
With that, she scooped up Maki, and told Karin, “Meet me down in the park below.”
Maki wanted to protest, but it was too late. Once in the park, she called Yukkiko, and she said, “It's time for some training.”
“What am I going to train on,” she asked.
“It's not your training,” said Chiyuki, “It's for Maki.”
“I'm on my way,” said Yukkiko, and she hung up. Chiyuki remembered when she had been altered some centuries ago, and it was much harder for her. She was changed against her will, and she almost starved to death before she figured out what was wrong with her. One thing that saved her was a squaw from a local tribe who was covered in anger. A fellow squaw insulted her about the few children she had provided for her husband, and now she was furious. When Chiyuki saw her, she saw the woman's aura glowing like the sun, and suddenly she had the urge to jump her, though she did not know why. What she did not know was her blood type sat before her, and the anger was driving her crazy. What happened next seemed like a dream, as if she were watching herself from a distance. She force pushed the woman over, pounced on her like a lynx, and fed with relish. Her eyes were opened, and she was enlightened. She now realized it was not a dream, and that she had indeed drank blood. However, instead of being horrified about the act, she was in ecstasy. Yet, she did not know how to erase memories, and if it were not for Ryuu, Ai, and all the others that would end up her friends in time, things could have ended disastrously. They came in, wiped the memories of the squaw, took her in, and taught her all she needed to know. The one thing that helped her get along with the others was because of her first feed. Because of that experience, she lived for the next one. However, they also helped keep some perspective on things, because if they had not, she would have turned into a blood crazed animal. They had to teach her that there was more to it than blood. With this experience, she knew that, if they could get Maki to find her blood preference, and feed, all would be better. Her mind would be better able to cope with the harsh decisions she would then have to make. Because of starving herself for three days, Chiyuki and Yukkiko both knew that she would be able to see auras much more clearly, and then desire would take it from there.
 
Karin met up with the rest about the same time as Yukkiko, and Chiyuki said, “Okay, ladies, its time to go hunting!”
Maki was protesting, and said, “Why are you doing this? Please, just let me die!”
“Maki, I can't believe what I am hearing!” snapped Karin, “Where's the bright bon vivant that I knew from elementary school?”
“She died three days ago,” said Maki coldly.
“Nonsense!” snapped Yukkiko, “You've been reborn!”
“What you need to do is feed,” Chiyuki said, “I guarantee that you will see much clearer when you do!”
“Yeah,” said Karin, “Bottled blood is a bit grody, so I'm looking for something fresh! Let's stroll around a bit.”
Maki wanted to leave, but she was too weak back to fight. As they walked, Anjou was watching from one of her bats, and she figured that she could also help. “Dearest Maki,” she thought, “It's time to repay the favor you did for me that first time.”
With that, she was moving towards the group. She was glad that they were not too far from the hilltop, just in case something happened. As they walked, Karin saw a teenage girl crying. Her aura was glowing with unhappiness, and immediately Karin craved. The others had moved into cover, making sure that Maki caught this. Karin said, “What's wrong?”
“Mother has me in a cram school,” she said, “and I work so hard. I want to go to a good college, but if I show her this, mother will freak!”
She held up the paper, and saw a score that passed, but it was still low. Karin then asked, “Is this what you want?”
“Well, yes,” she said, “I want to be an engineer, and I know the school will help me, but I am so tired.”
“Is it that you are tired,” asked Karin, “or is it that you cannot be with your friends?”
She started to cry harder, and Karin had everything that she could do to keep from pouncing at that moment. “I love my friends,” said the girl, “but I need to do this. I just don't have time.”
“It seems to me that you may be having this problem because, deep inside, you can fail so you can spend time with them,” said Karin.
“It could be,” she said, “But my friends understand, and we try to spend time with each other.”
“It sounds to me that your sadness from being separated from your friends more often is hurting your grades,” said Karin, “Let me help you with that.”
The girl looked at Karin, not knowing how this woman could help, but it was then she saw the eyes, glowing purple. Her fangs were extended, and that seemed to jolt the girl. However, she somehow did not have the urge to run. As Karin got up, so did the girl. They went into some nearby bushes where there was an open yet concealed spot. They moved Maki in for a closer look. They got there in time to hear the contented slurping and drinking that Karin was doing. “Doesn't she look happy?” asked Chiyuki, “When the girl awakes, her sadness will be gone. I guarantee you; she will be getting phenomenal grades after this!”
One the one hand, she wanted to try to stop Karin, yet, for some reason, it did not seem wrong. She had never really seen Karin feed before, and Karin seemed quite content. She looked like Karin, and yet she did not. Maki knew she should have been disgusted, and yet, there was something to it. When Karin finally pulled away about five minutes later, she came up with an orgasmic look on her face, and she passed her hand before the eyes of the unconscious girl. She said, “Thank you, dear girl; when you awaken, you will be able to face the world with courage. Rest well, dear friend.”
Maki could not believe it. She had been around vampires for years, and yet this was the first time she had seen a hunt. She had seen feeding before, but that was different. In that case, it was human Clan members offering their necks to meet the need of their vampire brothers. This was different. Yet, in her hungry state of mind, it looked wrong, and yet it looked right anyway. Karin then said, “Okay, let's look for your blood taste Maki.”
“But…I can't…” she was protesting, but her stomach was telling her otherwise. They led her on, knowing that her first feed would help.
 
After about twenty minutes of searching, they came across a man on a park bench, holding a picture of a boy, and sighing heavily. Maki froze, and she saw the glowing aura all over the man. Her eyes widened, and she felt the pangs. She wanted to bolt right there, but the other girls held her back, knowing things had to be done right. “Okay, Maki, find out what's going on with the man,” said Karin, “That way, you will know what kind of blood you like.”
“I don't want to,” said Maki, “I just can't…” but she then felt the pain rip her again. Finally, she relented, and said, “What do I do?”
“When the time is right,” said Chiyuki, “look him in the eyes, and think about leading him back to that grove over there.”
She came up, acting as if she was a passer-by, and said, “Sir, why do you sigh?”
“I miss my boy so much,” said the man, “She took him.”
“Who took him?” said Maki.
The man looked at her as if to say, “What business is it to you,” but for some reason, she had a look on her face that seemed to say that she was a shoulder on which to cry. Thus, he said, “Well, I don't know why I tell you, but I just finished a bad divorce, and she got custody of the boy. For the first six months, I only get weekends. If I behave, then I get every other week. But I love the boy, and those six months are going to be harsh.”
The more he spoke about it, the more he glowed, and the more she craved. It was then everyone knew that loneliness was what she craved. Maki then said, “Sir, look at me,” and he did. He then saw the blue glowing eyes of the girl, and he was fixated. Maki then shook her head, and said, “Please, sir, go away! There is trouble here.”
He saw distress in the girl's face and put his hand on her shoulder, saying, “Miss, is there something wrong?”
Maki felt a rush of energy in her, and her fangs extended, although she did all she could to keep them covered. She then walked away fast, pulling her shoulder away. The other girls sighed, disappointed in Maki, except for Chiyuki, who just shook her head. She told them, “Don't worry, she will feed, although it is about to get rough. She must like to learn things the hard way.”
The man, now intrigued by the sight, wanted to know why this girl, who acted as if she cared, suddenly started to act insane. He moved up to her quickly, and spun her around. He then said, “Young lady, if there is a problem,” and that was all he could get out. When he had spun her around, he saw her glowing eyes again, and the fangs, along with an ecstatic and joyous look on her face. “What the…” was all he got out as he flew into the grove that had originally been intended for the feed to begin with. He landed hard, and yet unhurt. Maki then leapt the expanse and landed on him as if she were a lioness. When the man had turned her around, she saw him with his aura glowing, and yet with red beginning to engulf his image to where it vanished in that sea of red. Now, as it had happened for Chiyuki, it was happening for Maki. Maki felt like she was watching herself act, feeling detached from the situation, and yet feeling like she was on top of the world. The other girls kept a lookout, making sure no one saw, or that no one would interfere. However, they saw the long blonde-white hair and black dress approaching the scene, and they thought they were going to have to act, but they then recognized the black bow that she still wore in her hair and red bow about her neck, and knew just whom it was. After about ten minutes, Maki pulled off with a squeal of pleasure, and a smile on her face, as she wiped the few drops on her chin off with her finger and then licked it. “I…I can't believe this!” squealed Maki, “It is so incredible! Oh, I have to have more!”
However, a hand restrained her as the other began to wipe the memory of the man. Maki started to feel desperate, and began to flail for the man, but Anjou said, “Please, dear Maki, you've had enough.”
“But I know now!” said Maki, “I understand! It was so sweet, so powerful!”
“Maki,” said Anjou, “There is only so much you can hold, and it is only for the sensation you want more.”
Anjou helped her up, and led her away. As they did, Anjou said, “You already took about a quart from that man, and that was too much. He is going to be weak now for a few days. He will feel better about things, but you have to be careful. The taste is too tempting sometimes to drain someone, but we have to show restraint.”
The girls walked to the other side of the park, and Maki began to calm down. They sat to talk, as Karin then asked, “How do you feel?”
“I once thought I would be wrong to do this,” said Maki, “but I had no idea how it felt!”
“The taste was exquisite, wasn't it?” said Anjou.
She then began to get a long face, and said, “I shouldn't feel like this. That was a person I just attacked.”
“It doesn't have to be like that,” said Yukkiko, “You just waited too long to feed.”
“If you do it right, you can be subtle, and make it just as good for him as for you,” said Chiyuki. She then though, and then told Maki, “What happened while you fed?”
Maki turned red faced, and then said, “I'm a little embarrassed to tell you.”
Chiyuki smiled, and said, “This is going to sound crude, but, for a vampire, there is a bit of a sexual connection. It hits the pleasure centers to the point where you felt the way you did. Believe me, when you and Wiener hook up in marriage, (which is essentially official now, since vampires don't normally have ceremonies,) your honeymoon is going to be like flying to the moon. The two of you will actually feed on one another, and create the blood bond. You will not separate forever!”
“Oh God, Wiener,” she suddenly realized, “Is he okay?”
“Don't worry,” said Chiyuki, “he's out there now with his grandfather and Elda, learning the same things.”
“I have to go to him,” she said, “You have no idea how he might mess this up!”
“Well, let's go!” said Karin, but Maki said, “Hold on: Anjou, this is how you must have felt when you fed on me!”
She smiled and lowered her head. Maki said, “Oh, don't be embarrassed, honey; now I know how it must have felt, and I was glad to make you feel good. Thank you for helping me this time!”
Anjou then said, “We should hunt together. It would be fun!”
Maki seemed to be enjoying things now, just as Chiyuki had hoped. However, she stopped, and said, “Wait—what am I going to tell my mother?”
She then remembered what Chiyuki said, and then she said, “Do we really have to do that to my mother? I am her only child!”
“Would there be anyone else around that knows you?” asked Chiyuki.
“Not really,” said Maki, “The only ones that would know me are the customers that are regular to the bookshop.”
“Hmm,” said Chiyuki, “That would pose a problem.”
Anjou screwed up her face for a minute, and then she said, “If we can remove a memory, why can we not plant one?”
“I don't quite follow,” said Yukkiko.
“I suppose we could tell her, but I think that would be a bit messy,” said Anjou, “However, if we plant in her mind the thought that Maki has always been a vampire, her mother has accepted that, that she has no problem with that, and that she knows to conceal that fact, then all would be well. We could make sure that she knows all about vampires, and that she knows to keep silent. She could even open the shop to be a 24 hour facility, thus giving Maki and Wiener a job.”
Chiyuki then said, very impressed with Anjou, “Let me tell you that that falls under the category of `it's so simple an idea, you wonder why we didn't think of it first.'”
The girls then decided to go to Wiener, except for Chiyuki, who would do what was needed to fix things for Maki. Meanwhile, Maki said to Karin, “Well, I guess we can be together more!”
Karin laughed as they hugged. Maki then said, “Maybe being a vampire isn't so bad!”
“Honey,” said Karin, “Get ready for a whole new world!”
 
 
 
4