Katekyo Hitman Reborn! Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Red Dawn ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
thoughts
amplified thoughts/meanings
_______________________________________________________________________
"Old man," the voice, tainted with an accent distinctive amongst those that more widely spoke Italian than Japanese, still succeeded in tearing at Timoteo's attention brown eyes lifting to the figure that spoke so disrespectfully.
To say that he was surprised with the person who had more or less intruded into the haven of his study would be nothing short of a lie. It wasn't that the speaker, whose voice even distorted by a tendril of anger that training had done little as a means of disguising doubtlessly belonged to a woman, actually meant him harm despite the annoyed... even frustrated... expression that was dominating the other's features. Motioning for his scowling Rain Guardian, who had come to a stop at the doors and had gone no further for it was a general concept that one had to be invited into the room itself before storming in, to go back and close the door behind the gray haired man Timoteo... 9th Boss of the infamous Vongola Familia... turned his attention upon the speaker. Others, outside of his own Guardians, would have doubtlessly quelled under his own scowl but the other returned the look with something of a sneer... he could never tell with these young upstarts... and with little ceremony and less words settled into the heavily cushioned seat on the other side of the heavy oak desk.
Beneath strands of unruly ebony black, such a rich black that the strands seemed to asborb even the most intense of lights, a pair of azure tinged eyes met his gaze for another moment... definant to the last... before turning aside.
One would forever, he supposed, doubt that given the expression which touched the youngster expression that the young woman... he used the term loosely for she was literally someone that shouldn't be outside of her mother's eyesight had sent the dark haired and azure eyed youth to him as a means of carring for the other... that she was only eight years old. But the fact that the chair itself seemed to be moments from literally swallowing the girl whole, she was so small in comparison to the tawny leather of the chair itself even if she was trying to be bigger... doubtlessly a child's way of disguising her turmoiled emotions. A vague part of Timoteo had thought that that line of the Vongola family had had stronger willpower, having been more closely descended from Giotto when the 1st Boss had retired to Japan, than which the woman known as Kun-Loon happened to show. Then again he was been cruel. The girl's father was Vongola blood... Kun-Loon was the daughter of a known japanese spiritualist from the Higurashis.
Given time this upstart of a girl would hopefully grow into the power her bloodline indicated.
It was only then that Timoteo decided to break the silence which had befallen the room now that Coyote had closed the doors. "What is wrong, niece?"
The niece wasn't necessarily the right term. The black haired and blue eyed girl was related through his half-brother's bastard son, and then that had followed through with the offspring of that man... meaning that there was at least three, maybe even four, concessive marriages that separated Timoteo from the girl. It was more than enough separation that none would have thought any different of Timoteo had turned a preverbal blind eye, in the world of the mafia it was bound that bastard children and unwanted offspring would going to pop up here and there... though only a few ever showed the potential of been viewed as more than simple 'mongrels' by their colleagues. It was the fact that Timoteo had known the girl's father, and thought the other rather powerful if with a temperament that certainly came from the element that the blue eyed european-blooded man had had such command over, that why he had accepted her as his 'ward'.
But as her mother had shown no care for the girl... when Visconti and Coyote had returned from the airport with the girl she had been so underfed that many within the mansion had thought the girl to be many years younger than she was... which of course had just made the girl more of an outcast than the fact that her mother was suffering from 'illnesses'. But even so, underneath the dotting gaze of 'nannies', though the girl had about zero tolerance for their behaviour, over the past two years the girl had certainly grown from a small shrimp into a bean sprout... having not necessarily put weight on as the weight gained had gone to the development of lithe muscling from 'play' fighting with some of the boys that oftentimes inhabited the mansion... the sons and nephews of those that either worked for the Vongola, were Vongola members, or were allies to the Vongola. She was very much something of a tom boy and not one to back down... the Chiavarone Famiglia's young heir had sported a black eye just last week.
Hopefully she will learn some manners when she goes back to Japan. Kun-Loon, having gotten the 'help' needed wanted her daughter back. The presence of a new man into the household didn't sit well but Timoteo had no sway over that division of the family.
But before the young black haired and blue eyed girl could respond, her lips parting to doubtlessly tell Timoteo what was troubling her... for she was one that had learnt how to look after herself far too early, there was a deafening bang as the doors flew open again... Coyote's angry shout beating Timoteo's response to the noise. The suddeness of the crack, loud enough to indicate the wall was damaged as the door handle had doubtlessly punched the plaster, caused the girl sitting within the leather seat to jump, despite the brave impression she was trying to give a small eep escaping even as the girl twisted in the seat to look back at the second of the two intruders into Timoteo's study. The other had paused immediately within the doorway. Tall and already beginning to show off the width of shoulders that would mark maturity, the teenaged boy... more of a handful in and of himself... stood perfectly still glaring underneath dark hair that was plastered to the other's skull. It didn't take much to realize that that wasn't the only thing wet and that the teenager had the look... clothes sticking to the youngster's frame... as if having had a bath fully clothed.
But if Kagome realized she was adding fuel to the preverbal fire it didn't show as the girl pointed an accusing finger at the drenched teenager. "Xanxus."
Of course, watching as an angry flush darkened the boy's features Timoteo resolved himself to keep a miniature war from erupting in his study. He had just gotten the walls repainted to the soft neutral cream he found so soothing after the last 'argument' had become escalated.
____________________________________________________________ ___________
I will be changing some of the characters' ages to fit in with this story.

Converting /tmp/phppmQSkG to /dev/stdout